The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BUG: [Heroic 4] Alchemy of Evil partial reset AFTER successful completion

Rhesus_TOR

Today on Jedi Covenant I successefully finished the [Heroic 4] Alchemy of Evil on my main. I was at the step that wanted me to return to Drumond Kaas, but one of the people in our group released after dying just before the remaining people in the group completed of the generator puzzle.

We re-entered a reset phase (before turning in the completed quest) with this person as lead and unfortunately we wiped at the generator puzzle. Immediately afterwards, the quest that had been completed for us was now stuck in a greyed-out state of "Find Lord Tagriss" and nobody could advance the quest. The one guy we'd tried to help at this point logged on us so we each filed a bug report in the hopes of getting some resolution.

Well, we know how customer service is with regards to broken quests and bugs tends to go; "reset it and redo it. Good luck and sorry for any inconvenience :/"

Anyway, it looks as if the phase's "mission failure" message is breaking the quest for other players without regard to the step their quest was last on.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

• Dev Post

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed report! Because you completed the mission with very uncommon circumstances, you may have triggered a more severe version of an underlying issue that, until now, has only manifested as a bug causing players to see red text that says "Mission Failed" upon leaving the instance when on the step "Find Lord Tagriss".

So, based on my initial thoughts (without testing, of course), it looks like you're right in that it's tied to that messaging. But it's more what's causing the incorrect text that is likely to also cause this in edge-cases like yours.

We'll be sure that this information is passed along! Thanks again. :)