Allow us to choose how much corruption to show

Shadowcaper

We should be able to choose how much dark side corruption to show, rather than just having a toggle that shows either the maximum corruption for your current alignment or none at all. For example, if you're Dark II, you should be able to show either Dark I or Dark II corruption, while at Dark V you get the full range. Personally, I find that Dark V generaly just makes my character look sick, with the pale, patchy skin and veins sticking out... it just looks horrible. Dark III, on the other hand, looks both evil and powerful, without looking like you've got the Plague :p

This would be especially good for rp, because some people might view their character as being only slightly touched by the dark side, even though they played through the game all the way to Dark V. I know that with Diplomacy you can balance your alignment so you can hold your character at a certain alignment, but that's a load of unnecessary hassle, and if the same rp'er then decides that his character falls completely to the dark side, but he's already completed the story with Dark III, it takes ages to shift your alignment with Diplomacy (I took one of my characters to Dark V, then all the way back to Light V and while Diplomacy is a good supplement to story- and fp-based alignment gain, I can tell you it really isn't a substitute :p ).

RP Functionality? Like hell they'll ever add that.

Not saying it's a bad idea; it's not. It's a good idea, and I agree for anything that adds more RP choice, etc.

However, they can't charge you for it. So they won't add it. If they DID add it...they would charge you for it. Because apparently mmoRPGs are supposed to have as little RPG in them as possible these days...

My real problem with the whole ls/ds choices is that relics are tied to ls/ds which rather invalidates the whole playing throught he story how you want. They force us into nearly all ls or all ds in order to be capable of using the stronger relics.

I would really like to see this added to the game. It would be great to be able to decide how much dark side corruption you want to show in addition to being able to toggle it on and off. For example, if you only want to show the red eyes without the grayed skin, etc. Yes, please!

RP Functionality? Like hell they'll ever add that.

Not saying it's a bad idea; it's not. It's a good idea, and I agree for anything that adds more RP choice, etc.

However, they can't charge you for it. So they won't add it. If they DID add it...they would charge you for it. Because apparently mmoRPGs are supposed to have as little RPG in them as possible these days...

you mean like they can't charge you for appearance customization? I don't see why the choice of exactly how much corruption to show couldn't be added into the game in a manner similar to a cartel store unlock.

My real problem with the whole ls/ds choices is that relics are tied to ls/ds which rather invalidates the whole playing throught he story how you want. They force us into nearly all ls or all ds in order to be capable of using the stronger relics.

Obviously you have not looked at the level 55 Relics as of yet. The level 55 Relics in the PvE and PvP Vendors are not tied to your alignment. And for good reason, those relics are the end game relics, and there is only one of each type of them for each given class. So limiting them to Light or Dark Side would invalidate their utility to those given classes.

That said with regards to the Light and Dark Side Relics, nothing in the game mechanics explicitly states that you absolutely must play with a Relic prior to level 55. And even if you did have to, you still have the Matrix Cube as one potential Relic of the two, and that particular Relic is never tied to alignment. In fact the alignment tied Relics are invariably weaker than the non-alignment tied level 55 Relics.

---------

My personal thoughts on Dark Side Corruption, is that I want the option to have alternative Dark Side Corruption Features present in the various races. For example I would like it if Humans, and other races (aside from Chiss who always have red eyes) could actually get yellow eyes ala Anakin Skywalker's Dark Side Corruption. The only race to date to have the proper Glowing Yellow Eyes appearance is the Sith Purebloods, who I personally consider naturally corrupted by the dark side.

Edited by XantosCledwin