Guild Tools needed!

GarethTheSith

Hey, Bioware and fellow Guild Masters!

I wonder why anyone didn't brought this up (or I didn't find it in this thread), but Guild Masters and Officers need better guild tools! Seriously, guys, it's been almost 2 years since the launch of the game and the guild system and tools haven't changed much. Well, except rep and exp bonuses.

IMHO, right now we need:

- More rank slots! We need more than 10!

- Guild Logs. Who got invited, by whom and who quit the guild, who was kicked and by whom. (This is very very important! GM's should know what is going on in their guild while they are offline). Reason for leaving or kicking someone from guild would be nice too.

- Guild tools. Like putting a mute on player for a specified time, banning or kicking with type-able reason ect. For example, for flood or rude text.

- More functional "Message of the day". Dunno, i think no one reads it. Text and MotD window are really small. Also, better "Guild description" window would be nice too.

- Guild Logos. No comments on that.

- Guild Masters difference. I think Guild Masters should differ from other players. For example, color of name (nick) or some logo or icon or even exclusive title should be added for them. :rolleyes:

Well... that all I can think of right now. Any other suggestions from fellow GM's would be even nicer!

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Hey, Bioware and fellow Guild Masters!

- More rank slots! We need more than 10!

- Guild Logs. Who got invited, by whom and who quit the guild, who was kicked and by whom. (This is very very important! GM's should know what is going on in their guild while they are offline). Reason for leaving or kicking someone from guild would be nice too.

- Guild tools. Like putting a mute on player for a specified time, banning or kicking with type-able reason ect. For example, for flood or rude text.

- More functional "Message of the day". Dunno, i think no one reads it. Text and MotD window are really small. Also, better "Guild description" window would be nice too.

- Guild Logos. No comments on that.

- Guild Masters difference. I think Guild Masters should differ from other players. For example, color of name (nick) or some logo or icon or even exclusive title should be added for them. :rolleyes:

1) Ranks don't really matter, keep it simple, officer/officer alt, noob, non-officer, raider/progression.

2) Log maybe..thats why you have an officer note/member note fill them out. Otherwise limit kicks/invite to officers or even GM/Leaders only.

3) Need to rethink your guild if you have that type of problem. We've had instances yes, but typically a few wisps from officers clean that up quick. If its a long term thing, remove from guild.

4) not really meant for that, a guild calendar would be more useful.

5) Guild logos..No, not worth it. Name is sufficient.

6) GM identification, They have big enough heads half the time anyway. A GM of a 4 person guild vs a GM of a 500 person guild are not equal. Don't treat them that way.

Thanks for your opinion. I still think that Bioware could add few mentioned neat things to make GM's work a little less "dusty", 'cos running a 500+ guild ain't easy.

Don't disagree, think biggest thing would be calendar.

At some point, need more officers and let them handle the day to day stuff.

Yes, I agree, we need more guild management tools:

1. Most im portant is calendar

Being able to set up events, like raids or PVP, where people can chose to register/participate.

Also bring in Bioware events into calendar, like Gree, Bounty hunt event and so on.

2. More useful columns in guild member table

we need a column for role(s) like DD, Heal, Tank

we need a column for profession

we need a column where it shows date of guild entry

3. Show guild exits

4. guild logos (not so important)

make a guild logo designer, and those logos can be seen on special armors, maybe on shoulder.

5. make subgroups available within guild

Officers can create subgroups within guild and drag and drop guild members into these subgroups.

For every event in the calender a subgroup can be selected or it will be "open for whole guild" as default.

6. Make guild ships avaiable in the Fleet. (not so important)

The interfleet taxi will bring you to your own guild's ship ... a nice idea for guild housing later on.

the guild can then improve features of the guild ship.

7. If you use the /who feature, the guild of other players should be displayd in the table.

Yes please...

Guild Calendar / Event Registration / Attendance tracking.

Persistent Guild Log with Date/Time stamps for joins/quits/removes/rank changes.

Guild Info Tab: Move the MOTD and Description sections to it but expanded, along with another section for guild rules, and maybe a logo.

Allow more than 1 guildmaster, or create a co-guildmaster permission that can be applied to a custom rank and has equivalent permissions to the guildmaster (including guild bank management, guild permissions and ranks management.)

Increase cap on number of guild ranks. Some guilds don't care about this but others do. If you don't want it or find it unimportant, then don't create more ranks for your guild, but don't deny other guilds from customizing their rank structure the way they want.

Add account ban feature to keep troublemakers from making alts and rejoining.

Guild Roster:

Make Detailed View Columns expandable, and roster exportable to csv.

Add Column for Account Name (to help keep track of alts)

Add Column for Roles (updates as player selects their roles in groupfinder)

Add Column for Guild Join Date (and maybe date of rank)

Add Column for Crew Skill Crafting Profession.

Add Column for Account-Type Status: Sub/Pref/F2P (include a * if account has security key)

Guild Ships:

Instanced ships traveled to via interfleet transport.

Guild Bank, Cargo Hold, Mail terminal, Crew Skill Vendor, Medical Vendor included.

GTN Kiosk, Class Trainer, Class Respec Mentor, Target Dummies able to be purchased.

Guild Mail: Permission for ranks that allows to send mail to "guild" which sends to all members in guild.

Require a typed reason for guild removal, which sends a mail to the character removed.

Require a typed reason for guild quit. Guild quit reasons only show up in Officer Chat.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all and hi fellow guld leader's

i have been guild leader of the pcgamer magazine gamer clan guild the revel alliance for over a year now !

and i have often felt the need for some more guild tools

infact it isnt just me ! murri the previous pcgamer clan swtor leader and gm of the mint imperials aswell as the new pcg game leader and gm of the mint imperials bocepherus have also commented on this

infact the lack of guild tools has even had a brief mention in the pcg magazine swtor reviews.

now for what its worth we arnt rly asking for much

1 simple join leave tracker would be extreamly helpfull

2 ingame guild event calender

tbh this is the bare minimum of what we need

as for guild ships well iv no idea what use they would perform but im sure they would be fun

esp if you added guild ship battles to the starfighter format