How can I get a different companion?

GracieG

Well, what level are you? Each class ends up with five companions and the ship droid per their story.

Kaliyo, Vector, Lokin, Temple, SCORPIO. Yeah, five.

Just level up. When you get your next companion is dependant on your story.

You can buy Treek for 1 Million credits or 2100 Cartel Coins if you are level 10. Otherwise you're stuck with what you have until your storyline gives you someone new. Some of the companions are truly awful. :mad:

Unfortunately, the 1 million option for Treek is only if you have a Legacy Level of 40 or above. HOWEVER. That being said, the "Cartel Market Treek" for 2100 Cartel Coins- which you can get at Character Level 10, like many other Cartel items, might be being sold on the GTN "secondary market."

Basically, that means that someone has purchased it from the Cartel Market for real money and put it up on the GTN to sell to another player for in game credits. Just about everything from extra character slots to almost all CM armor sets can be found there so, I don't see Treek being any different. How much she's being sold for or if she's available at any particular time at all, I don't know because each server is different and the market changes.

That being said, if you are having problems with your companion not liking anything you say, you can right-click their portrait and dismiss them from the conversation. That option will bug once in a while but the price of the occasional extra gift is worth saving aggravation to me because if that conversation leads to combat, your companion will reappear the moment the cut scene ends.

Another option is to send them out on a mission before entering the conversation but that route means that you have to either wait for their return or call them back manually which means that if you find yourself in a fight immediately afterwards, you're on your own.

Yet another "work around" is to use your ship's droid which you will get before you leave your capital's world (Drommund Kaas or Coruscant). His affection doesn't change according to your choices and, if geared properly, can be a fairly decent healer from what I understand. Can't attest to that last because I primarily play healers so, I've never really given them a try myself but I have seen teammates use them when I was needed for DPS and to pretty good effect.

Last, and in this case least, is HK-51. But! You must have at least 2 characters 1 at level 50 and another of the other faction high enough to have gotten to the end of their capital world as well as at least three friends who know the Flashpoints and heroic quests to help you through them which really doesn't make him viable for much more than a vanity companion for most people I've talked to particularly given that, unlike Treek, there is no account wide unlock for him and every character you unlock him on costs 1 million credits each in comparison to Treek's 300,000 credit per character or 700 Cartel Coin to unlock her account wide for all of your characters.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Dallayna