The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Woodland Varactyl: Complaints and possible solutions.

NewserCoull

Yep. Free market economy. Where did that take us in the last three years again? ^^

Don't mean to sound communist, but more people putting fairness before personal gain would make this world a better place than the news show you it is. Kinda stupid though to expect this to happen in an MMO's marketplace, but one can always dream...

Life's not fair. Those who can, do. Those who can't, whine.

And fairness is a strange word. What's fair to one person, isn't fair to another. So it truly isn't 'fair'.

Maybe i'm just speaking my age now as the majority of whiners frankly haven't lived out in the real world yet.

If you want to keep people in your game, don't put something epic in and make it nearly impossible to get. Because people will get pissed about it, complain, then leave. So bottom line: lower the prices for the varactyl, and make it easier to get.

If people are going to spit the dummy and quit the game over a freakin' speeder, then they were never really interested in it in the first place.

First off about packs, you should "NEVER EVER" buy them to expect one particular item to drop. They are a gamble, like putting your money into scratch cards or playing the lottery... you might get lucky and win a prize but it's not guaranteed. Anything that drops from these packs should be treated in the same fashion, like a prize not a purchase.

If you want a particular item, there's always the GTN.

And as for the GTN prices, a few million isn't a lot of money now. With 35 basic comms you can buy vials which sell for at least 100-130k, in a week you can earn at least 1.4 million per alt just from basic comms alone. Combine that with all the cash from dailies and all the junk you can sell if you can't earn at least 3-4 million a week you're doing something wrong.

And then there's gathering and crafting professions which can also net you some big doe... there's plenty of ways to earn the enough money for these varactyl's, and it's easily achievable long before any of these packs get embargoed.

First off about packs, you should "NEVER EVER" buy them to expect one particular item to drop. They are a gamble, like putting your money into scratch cards or playing the lottery... you might get lucky and win a prize but it's not guaranteed. Anything that drops from these packs should be treated in the same fashion, like a prize not a purchase.

And secondly, always do your research. Four different veractyl mounts have been revealed but only one exists in the packs. While the current mount may be rare, there is no telling what Bioware will do in the future as mounts 2, 3 and 4 could end up anywhere. Boss drops, quest rewards, future cartel packs. If you absolutely need one, then don't gamble your cartel coins. Farm the dailies and just get one off GTN.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/swtor-varactyl-mounts-2.jpg

Edited by SaberBladeUK

i opened up 5crates and got 3 varactyls, and sold 2 within 10seconds of when they unbound

Did you immediately go buy a lottery ticket after that. I would have. :eek:

Seriously If people are willing to pay that much for it, I would have sold all that I had, not worth it to me to equip it. That is why I don't gamble on gambling packs. If I get them, I sell the packs unopened.

Super rare items should not be so rare they are nonexistent. I would also say, that if you buy a hyper-crate, you should get one at least of everything.,

Edited by DakotaDoc

Not sure how many crates it tooke me but I bought several x24 crates.

However, that's not the point... it's a rare pet, it should be rare. It's RNG so get lucky or get out.

My problem is this.... we have collections only for Cartel Market Items, we have a super rare Pet and.... after adding it to one of my characters the collection has not been updated!

Not sure how many crates it tooke me but I bought several x24 crates.

However, that's not the point... it's a rare pet, it should be rare. It's RNG so get lucky or get out.

My problem is this.... we have collections only for Cartel Market Items, we have a super rare Pet and.... after adding it to one of my characters the collection has not been updated!

Sometimes you have to quit the game and restart it in order for you to be able to see something you just collected in your collections window. Same thing happened when I got my Clandestine Armor set for my b-day, I was devastated when I switched characters and didn't see it there. But, after quitting and restarting the game (not just logging out of one character and over to another but completely closing out the game), there it was as normal and that seems to happen to a lot of people for a lot of other things so, I'd try that first.

Edited by Dallayna

It goes between 3.5mil (should have bought that one) and 12mil on my server. To be fair it's not 'that' exceptionally expensive and if it sells, why would people put it up any cheaper? Would you? I easily give things away for free to my friends, but I honestly wouldn't undercut anyone on the GTN by a ridicilous amount to please some stanger and likely upset others who posted a few mil higher. I personally love the skin so whether it is worth 1 credit or 6000000000 credits, I'd get it.

Part of this lizard charms is the fact it's rare, I think it was a smart move by EA to put these into the packs, this thread only strenghens that opinion by the amount of packs people have bought.

First, for you people who put them on the GTN, lower the gosh darn prices! I know they're Super Rare but come on, just because you have it doesn't mean you can immediately demand 6-25million credits for it. Put them up for 400-800 thousand credits. Make it fair.

When they make the Throne mounts a reasonable price (and throw in Korrealis too, I want one of them) THEN I'll sell Varactyls for reasonable prices.

Also I found this part extremely funny. You can buy Skiffs for 400-800k. When I got my Varactyl, it was before I got my Skiffs. (I guess it was BioWare being nice because I had bought a hypercrate's worth of other packs and not one skiff. :( Second Freelancer pack I got, I got my Varactyl.)