The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exar kun VS Darth Revan

jatinxyz

Kun has a few advantages here...

1. His double bladed saber, I don't recall Revan ever fighting someone who used it, this would be complete alien to him and thus he wouldn't know how to fight against it.

2. Force Blasts.

Darth Bandon used a Double Blade, as did many Dark Jedi in Kotor, and then of course, there's Bastilla.

Darth Bandon used a Double Blade, as did many Dark Jedi in Kotor, and then of course, there's Bastilla.

Ya...I just remembered that lol. Shush! I only played Kotor 1 once ok! DX But still, not to the level of Kun though anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And none of them used the same kind of double-bladed lightsaber that Kun used, nor did they have the same mastery.

Exar Kun is the obvious victor.

And none of them used the same kind of double-bladed lightsaber that Kun used, nor did they have the same mastery.

Exar Kun is the obvious victor.

Oh I know, that much is Obvious, I was just pointing out Revan faced Double Blades before. But you're right, of course, Kun would obliterate him, and none of them used the Short-Handle version of the double blade.

Ya...I just remembered that lol. Shush! I only played Kotor 1 once ok! DX But still, not to the level of Kun though anyway.

Oh I know how you feel, I never cared for Kotor 1, I played Kotor 2 first, then went to one. Played it once, but it pales in comparison to 2 and could never live up to it. I touched it maybe once more after the first play through, but that was all.

Maybe because I predicted the Revan reveal before we were told...

I just have an excellent Memory, so i remembered Bandon and Bastilla.

The One thing I would say about this is that in the PC version of SWTOR in that satellite off Yavin IV

the Rodian there seems to be far more impressed by Exar Kun than he was Revan or Malak.

He essentially says something like - yeah I know Revan and Malak - but that Exar Kun they don't make Sith lords like that anymore (and how much more powerful Exar Kun was than them)

Reading about them - while Revan seems to be a great strategist - Exar Kun seems to be the more skilled and a far more innovative and adaptable fighter at least where duelling is concerned and a Master of difficult to defend against Esoteric Powers.

Also Grandmaster Luke Skywalker comments on how powerful Exar Kun's spirit was and how it took the whole of his academy to banish him. (and No - not all Sith Spirits were anywhere near that powerful)

Another thing I keep asking - could someone please tell me canonically what Revan's lightsaber form(s) was? :)

Another thing I keep asking - could someone please tell me canonically what Revan's lightsaber form(s) was? :)

His form...never has been clarified.

Oh also fun fact I learned yesterday folks, remember how Sidious was finally defeated and banished to chaos? It turns out EVERY single dead Jedi, EVERY...single one is holding him there so he won't escape. Now THAT is impressive!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

His form...never has been clarified.

Oh also fun fact I learned yesterday folks, remember how Sidious was finally defeated and banished to chaos? It turns out EVERY single dead Jedi, EVERY...single one is holding him there so he won't escape. Now THAT is impressive!

It takes 25,000 years of dead Jedi to keep him down.

Rumor is a rumor though until proven! Though would be interesting.

Not really.

Star Wars needs a new direction, the best part of the Old Republic Era is that there was no established canon (well, not much) before Kotor, and Kotor 2. It paved way for fantastic new characters, Kotor 1 was huge, new character, new storyline, new worlds never before delved into, and then it was a Huge shock when we found out, in Kotor 2, that the Jedi were all but destroyed, because there was no real canon pointing to that being the outcome.

If Sidious was to return, it would be boring. It's been explored before, and it won't bring flavour to the franchise.

A defining line between the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy is (Besides the terrible Directing) that the Galaxy is a very different Place. The Jedi from the prequels were destroyed and the Galaxy plunged into Darkness, having Sidious return would ruin that, as there'd be no Defining moment between the Original Trilogy, and the Reborn Trilogy.

To be honest, the most interesting would be exploring the grey side of the Force. We've seen the Light flourish, we've seen the Darkness flourish, and In either case the Galaxy was not in a great place. I'd honestly like to see a Galaxy where Jedi and Sith are but titles, and the Force Users realise that to fully understand the force, they must see it from both sides..................

But we shall see.