Jung ma "Adopt a noob" program

ErikGW

This weekend i was pvping with my guild as usual and we ended up in this match that we just couldnt win no matter how hard the 8 of us tried.

In retrospect we examined the gear of our team and realized a few people were very undergeared. They all played well but i guess some recently hit 55 and didnt have the resources to mod their gear yet.

One guy had a full partisan suit but no augments trying to be an assassin tank, and at this point it occurred to me i have a vault full of mk-7 and 8 kits and the blue augments cost me close to nothing to produce.

Threw together an adaptive suit from spare parts, crafted a staff for him and taught him how to aug and swap his partisan stuff into it.

45 minutes later he had 4k more health and was stacked on power and surge. We queued up to see how much difference it made and he was like omg this is awesome.

So hes not ready to get into competitive ranked pvp yet, but he will be a pug contender now and he will have his gear finished soon now that he is on course and headed in the right direction.

All this at about 45 minutes and 100k cost to me (probably 300k for him).

I will try to do this once or twice a week from now on. I hope some of the other players here will too. What's 100k to us really? Think about it!!

Hope ya'll enjoyed the story :-)

Edited by ErikGW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a noob, wants help. lol.

Jedi Shadow just pinged about two weeks ago, don't have all my gear just yet, but working toward it. Need to learn a solid rotation for maximum DPS, Infiltrator spec. PLEASEE :D

In game name Dom'rius

Welfare on Jung Ma now?:eek:

I think its a nice idea in some ways, and in others it just spoils people. I worked for every dang stat I got.

Q'anora

Lol good points, but i wouldnt really consider it to have the issues of welfare.

Prerequisite data:

- player has worked hard enough to get partisan gear

- player has demonstrated competent ability to work with teams (calls incs, communicates effectively, has positive attitude, doesnt rage on team)

- player appears in warzones often, so we will get teamed with him whether we want to or not.

Those things being said, he paid the bulk of the cost, i just did the crafting. He had been grinding dailies for credits and pvping. He just needed a nudge in the right direction.

With arenas coming soon, you might want to consider how solo ranked queue will work and how much more often we will run into new players like this.

We have 4 options:

- tell them they suck (ineffective)

- leave the match (very often)

- hope the other team is undergeared too (maybe)

- start helping these people

The l33ts might enjoy rolling scrubs for a while but will get bored quickly. The 4v4 ranked will be awesome, but i also want to enjoy solo queues.

I also want to see jung ma pvp grow :-)

We all worked for our stats, bud. Ive helped many of people out, but for some reason putting out good dps puzzles me...lol

Lol i would post a few sample rotations but i only know the skill names as assassin.

Sins/shadows are all about that window where you have the element of surprise and there's really no way they can get away from you.

When you see one of those guys with 24k health im talking, you can kill him in 8-10 seconds. Against a well-geared enemy you use the same rotation but he doesnt die so fast :-)

In extended group fights you harass the healers, taunt their dps, and slip away when they focus you hard. Averaging 800-900k damage in a 12 minute voidstar isnt a bad benchmark.

Lol i would post a few sample rotations but i only know the skill names as assassin.

Sins/shadows are all about that window where you have the element of surprise and there's really no way they can get away from you.

When you see one of those guys with 24k health im talking, you can kill him in 8-10 seconds. Against a well-geared enemy you use the same rotation but he doesnt die so fast :-)

In extended group fights you harass the healers, taunt their dps, and slip away when they focus you hard. Averaging 800-900k damage in a 12 minute voidstar isnt a bad benchmark.

Word. Thanks, bud.

I guess my main problem with the slipping away part is snapping resilience(takes off debuffs) before I go into stealth. Anyway, if you put your rotation up, I could just cross reference it to Shadow abilities. :]

I came up with a similar "mentoring" program for PvE.

Here's a cut and paste from our guild forums as to what that idea looked like...

Bad News Bears "Raid Group"

Basic Concept:

- 8-Man Raiding Group

- Team A: 1 healer, 1 tank, 2 dps (geared, experienced, and patient)

- Team B: same composition (players that need gear and/or experience, or alts)

- Group would preferably be the same class/role composition.

- Team A would mentor, Team B would mirror.

- Team B gets gear drops, Team A gets everything else (schems, mats, mounts, pets).

- Teams are not intended to be static, but a rotation of characters.

Desired Outcome:

Broader pool of experienced and geared raiders in guild.

Safe environment to learn roles in raids.

Class matching increases likelihood of relevant loot drops.

Helps with crafting and item-based goals of more advanced characters.

Comm accumulation and try-hard points for all.

Provides access to more content and activity in guild.

Notes:

This is just a concept. Open to changing it around...

Also, if it wasn't clear... the point would be to start w/ Classic Content and work our way up.

Some people haven't done EV or KP in a long time, and want to, so...

Word. Thanks, bud.

I guess my main problem with the slipping away part is snapping resilience(takes off debuffs) before I go into stealth. Anyway, if you put your rotation up, I could just cross reference it to Shadow abilities. :]

On my deception sin i think of it kinda like how i think of my carnage mara, as a fluid fighting style adapting to the situation.

Sustainability is adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent that uses a strict rotation ( kiting a smasher, for example)

That being said, your initial strikes are done with specific planning. Knowing your opponent's tendencies helps. Here are a few examples i have use:

Maximum initial burst:

Spike - recklessness - maul - maul - voltaic - shock - discharge - low cut - maul - electrocute - maul - maul - voltaic - voltaic - shock - discharge.

Delayed burst:

Spike - maul - maul - voltaic - shock - low cut - maul - electrocute - maul - maul - discharge - recklessness - discharge - voltaic - voltaic - shock - low cut - maul

Against slippery targets (rolling healers):

Spike - maul - maul - force slow - voltaic - voltaic - shock - discharge - low cut - recklessness - maul - voltaic - discharge - shock - (reserved electrocute and couldve also used overload to interrupt a heal)

Of course during any of these rotations the defense+regen buff is used when power starts burning up, and assassinate whenever it's available.

Your optimized rotation may be based on your spec. Like sometimes when i go deception i want the +discharge damage from the darkness tree. Other times i go up madness tree and discharge isnt as strong. I like hitting 6-8k discharge crits because it is good for kiting melee enemies like smashers.

Adaptability makes assassins great. A wide variety of cc with enough range to kite melee and enough melee to destroy ranged and healers.

ErikGW, I get you're trying to help, but your Deception rotations are awful. You never double Maul and you never Shock before Discharge. I could break it down further but those were the two big things that stood out just glancing through this thread.

This coming from someone who has been playing Deception since January.

ErikGW, I get you're trying to help, but your Deception rotations are awful. You never double Maul and you never Shock before Discharge. I could break it down further but those were the two big things that stood out just glancing through this thread.

This coming from someone who has been playing Deception since January.

Why not double maul? Your power regen is fully buffed after coming out of stealth so you get the power back immediately.

Why not shock before discharge?

And like i said, those were strings intended for coming out of stealth where your goal is kill somebody before they call for help. Otherwise i would never burn power or gcd on a maul not preceded by a low cut.

You are welcome to post your examples. School me plz since i suck so bad :-)

Edited by ErikGW

I think this is a fantastic idea. 100k is nothing, and the network benefits are staggering to a) having a healthier server pop, and b) giving your self/guild a better reputation. My current guildmaster roped me in when they were running a story mode back pre-2.0 and needed another DPS. My brother had known them for a while and mentioned that he knew a "geared sentinel" (by which he meant my fresh 50 Combat sentinel with no relics and level 20 green implants). The guildmaster inspected me, nearly passed out, and responded by buying me a Rakata ear, pulling some implants from their guild bank and crafting a full set of mods and enhancements. It was a very little thing, if you think about it, but the thought and spirit of it meant a lot to me. I don't have any of that gear anymore, but all of my characters are in that guild.

I think this is a fantastic idea. 100k is nothing, and the network benefits are staggering to a) having a healthier server pop, and b) giving your self/guild a better reputation. My current guildmaster roped me in when they were running a story mode back pre-2.0 and needed another DPS. My brother had known them for a while and mentioned that he knew a "geared sentinel" (by which he meant my fresh 50 Combat sentinel with no relics and level 20 green implants). The guildmaster inspected me, nearly passed out, and responded by buying me a Rakata ear, pulling some implants from their guild bank and crafting a full set of mods and enhancements. It was a very little thing, if you think about it, but the thought and spirit of it meant a lot to me. I don't have any of that gear anymore, but all of my characters are in that guild.

10+ to you GM

Anyways, since ya all telling oneanother here how to kill stuff I will tell ya my pyro rotation aswell..

Just click stuf and pray the other guy go down Before you do! :D

..never said I was any good...

//Rona

Why not double maul? Your power regen is fully buffed after coming out of stealth so you get the power back immediately.

Why not shock before discharge?

And like i said, those were strings intended for coming out of stealth where your goal is kill somebody before they call for help. Otherwise i would never burn power or gcd on a maul not preceded by a low cut.

You are welcome to post your examples. School me plz since i suck so bad :-)

I don't know what you mean by 'burn power.' If you're talking PvE and the power relic there, okay. I'm assuming you aren't though.

You don't ever Maul without Duplicity proc'd unless they're low and you can get a kill with it and you have nothing else to hit them with. It costs 50 Force. :\ If you want to spend time using Saber Strike, that's cool. But gross. The first Maul in your rotation will hurt assuming it crits. The second one will do like 3.5k dmg at most and take half of your Force bar. You'll need to burn Blackout before you've done any serious damage just to continue out of your opener. It's really inefficient. You also don't Shock before Discharge because if you trigger a Chain Shock, both your Shock and your Chain Shock will consume a charge of Recklessness (so you'll use up 2 stacks.) Also, your Shock builds a stack of Surging Charge, but your Surging Charge is already capped at 3. So you're wasting that potential DPS down the line.

If you want to burn down a single non-stealth target, you probably want Spike>Recklessness>Maul or Discharge> Maul or Discharge [pick the one you didn't use already]>Voltaic Slashx2>Shock. Vanish so your Recklessness resets, Spike again and rinse/repeat. Assassinate when proc'd obviously. You add in the Voltaic Slashes where I put them so you build Induction stacks and Shock is cheaper so you'll have sustained damage. Also a Voltaic Slash that triggers your surging charge does just as much or more damage than an unproc'd Maul while being half its cost. Taking down stealthers looks different, but that's my secret.*

Like I said, don't use Maul without Duplicity. Don't use Discharge with less than 3 stacks. Don't use Spike and Low Slash less than 10 seconds apart. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule. You did well by using Recklessness after Spike. Spike deals energy damage and so it will consume a stack of Recklessness if you pop that before Spiking, which is bad.

*Lacerate>Lacerate>Lacerate>Lacerate. OP.

Edited by Aetrus

I don't know what you mean by 'burn power.' If you're talking PvE and the power relic there, okay. I'm assuming you aren't though.

You don't ever Maul without Duplicity proc'd unless they're low and you can get a kill with it and you have nothing else to hit them with. It costs 50 Force. :\ If you want to spend time using Saber Strike, that's cool. But gross. The first Maul in your rotation will hurt assuming it crits. The second one will do like 3.5k dmg at most and take half of your Force bar. You'll need to burn Blackout before you've done any serious damage just to continue out of your opener. It's really inefficient. You also don't Shock before Discharge because if you trigger a Chain Shock, both your Shock and your Chain Shock will consume a charge of Recklessness (so you'll use up 2 stacks.) Also, your Shock builds a stack of Surging Charge, but your Surging Charge is already capped at 3. So you're wasting that potential DPS down the line.

If you want to burn down a single non-stealth target, you probably want Spike>Recklessness>Maul or Discharge> Maul or Discharge [pick the one you didn't use already]>Voltaic Slashx2>Shock. Vanish so your Recklessness resets, Spike again and rinse/repeat. Assassinate when proc'd obviously. You add in the Voltaic Slashes where I put them so you build Induction stacks and Shock is cheaper so you'll have sustained damage. Also a Voltaic Slash that triggers your surging charge does just as much or more damage than an unproc'd Maul while being half its cost. Taking down stealthers looks different, but that's my secret.*

Like I said, don't use Maul without Duplicity. Don't use Discharge with less than 3 stacks. Don't use Spike and Low Slash less than 10 seconds apart. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule. You did well by using Recklessness after Spike. Spike deals energy damage and so it will consume a stack of Recklessness if you pop that before Spiking, which is bad.

*Lacerate>Lacerate>Lacerate>Lacerate. OP.

Your input is appreciated.

By "burn power" i was referring to consuming too much force, which seems to be in line with your objection to double maul. Allow me to explain when/how double maul is appropriate:

- double maul after spike is appropriate because your force regen is buffed from recently coming out of stealth.

- double maul is justified after an electrocute when they have the incoming damage debuff, and you use blackout after it to get the power back

Those are the only times to double maul. If that second maul crits it can hit much harder than 3750 :-)

On the issue of duplicity, the spike and low cut duplicity ignores the rate limit of proc duplicity. This means you can spike maul low cut maul, there is no reason to space them by 10 seconds. This also means you can get a proc duplicity, maul, low cut, maul.

On chain shock consuming recklessness. I dont believe in any of my examples that shock was in a position to do such. That is a good point to mention and is appreciated.

The differences in our styles become apparent in that i tend to maul twice as often as you do, and you tend to discharge twice as often as i do. I tend to vs/vs/shock/low cut/maul/discharge a lot. Discharge i keep more in case they try to run or i want to get them down to use assassinate. I don't always wait til 3 surging charges to use discharge if i am about to use recklessness > discharge. It depends on the situation.

Oh, and i never vicious slash :-) running out of force isnt really an issue for me unless i trigger my blackout at the wrong time.

Edited by ErikGW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.