Tauntaun mount...a little disappointing.

serenitty

For all the time it takes to get it, you'd think it would have better protection. 1 hit and I am pulled off, by enemies 8 lvls below me, and it wasn't even by a bunch of enemies, just 1.

I hope they change this, because it could get annoying really fast.

It doesn't inspire me to go out and get more, what's the point if other mounts give better protection.

its not my perception, my other vehicles 'offer excellent protection' from being knocked off. the Tauntaun doesn't. What I can sail through on my speeders will drag me down on my Tauntaun.

I probably will stop using it ( though I really wanted one and worked days to get one) but I don't see why something that takes a fair bit of effort to get, cannot take a single hit from a mob before dropping you.

its not my perception, my other vehicles 'offer excellent protection' from being knocked off. the Tauntaun doesn't. What I can sail through on my speeders will drag me down on my Tauntaun.

I probably will stop using it ( though I really wanted one and worked days to get one) but I don't see why something that takes a fair bit of effort to get, cannot take a single hit from a mob before dropping you.

what level of speeder piloting do you have? if its level 1 and 2 its easier to get knocked down except on cartel speeders that offer some better protection regardless of rank, plus even at speeder piloting 3 you might still get knocked down with enough damage.

Edited by Sangrar

it's only level 1 atm, what I guess I am getting at is why it does not offer the same protection as say a cartel mount, when you have to work so hard to get one.

cartel mounts offer protection but only to a point, I have been knocked off them before, anyway don't blame a tuantaun because you only got level 1, even in cartel mounts its easy to get knocked off at level 1 if you are not careful. Rest assured though that at ranks 2 and 3 its harder to get knocked off, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

The only mount that's exceptional difficult to knock someone off of is the cr-17 or whatever it was, (the pod racer looking one) from the CM. The tauntauns act the same as the other mounts (minus that one).

Tauntauns are a noble steed

not true the tank mount that drops off explosive conflict nightmare mode is REALLY hard to get knocked from

Try and think about it realistically.

Tautauns don't wear armor, it's not gonna do too well getting shot up. It's a silly mount that should not be on par with 110% speeders. (Annoying when my twin jet engine cr-17 can't outrun a tauntaun)

This bugs me, too. I understand that some of the folks playing the game want fast mounts no matter what the mount is (just look at the ones who complained about the Scapper) but I don't think an animal should move as fast as speeders. What's that say about our technology?

Game mechanics trumps realism every time. If tauntauns were at a significant disadvantage, no one would use them.

@OP

It's always easy to get knocked off at Piloting 1 regardless of the mount you're using.

Edited by Atma

It doesn't inspire me to go out and get more, what's the point if other mounts give better protection.

That's completely up to you. Why whine about it?

1) It makes no logical sense for a biped ground pounding mount to offer you the same level of protection that the more innovative hover speeders offer you. You want ground pounder skillz against knockdown..get yourself a mammoth then. :p

2) Mounts in this game have all manner of protections against knockdowns by mobs. Most newer ones offer excellent protection, and a few offer exceptional protection. Older ones.. not so much....so some offer no notable protection.. which means you rely on skill in driving and avoidance.... which is not that difficult.

3) Most people have a stable of speeders by now.. and you use the one that is appropriate for what you are doing. If you are going to be cruising through mobs.. you use the one with the best stated protection from knock-offs. If you want to look cool and enjoy running around on an animal mount.. then you do so AND you accept the risks.

Besides.. you are running around on speeder 1 skill.. and while that works well with a speeder with exceptional protection at lower levels.... as new speeder skill level is open to you.. skill 1 has diminished protections for you. UP your speeder skill will help more then anything else.

Edited by Andryah