The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ok Can someone share thoughts on PVP for Vanguards now? 2.4!!!! What is best build

Centures

After Playing Tactics to a high level { switched from assault }

I am toying with the hybrid builds{ survivability is an issue} kinda think tactics is still superior in PVP

We are starting to suck at high level PVP { Stabs self in eyes}

Anybody got a build now for 2.4? what build makes use even decent ?

We have little or no burst in my opinion

Thanks for the help we VG need it

I know this isn't a solution, and I assure you it isn't trolling, but to save yourself the trouble I'd advice you (if your PT is geared and ready for 2.4) to reroll and play one of the stronger class/specs on a regular basis. Not only to keep your sanity in check, and add something useful to your team, but also to show Bioware via metrics that WE'RE NOT HAPPY. It might be naive of me to think it'll help, but my brother and I are playing our alts right now at 55 right now. I used to PT and he VG, and we still put in a few games on our old mains, simply because we like the class archetype a lot, but it's just too hurtful going back and do a comparison between the classes/specs.

And who knows, the PTS isn't done and the world might go under and we might get more changes to make us viable. I wouldn't count on it, but still.

If you want to be okayish and is dead set on playing this broken class, then I'd advice you to go Tank for PvP. It's no Juggernaut that's for sure, but it's still much, much better than playing DPS. It might even get "better" in 2.4, where Shadows won't have their "lolnodeguard" job to excell at.

Edited by Gullesvupper

• 2 weeks later...
After Playing Tactics to a high level { switched from assault }

I am toying with the hybrid builds{ survivability is an issue} kinda think tactics is still superior in PVP

We are starting to suck at high level PVP { Stabs self in eyes}

Anybody got a build now for 2.4? what build makes use even decent ?

We have little or no burst in my opinion

Thanks for the help we VG need it

They have did a some what decent job with revamping our top tier abilities to be useful (Especially tatics burst) but we are still by far not a Sorc/Sage, Marauder/Sentinel, Gunslinger/Sniper. Assault's survivabilty for me is a BIG issue, while we can put out the damage in this spec your going to take a lot of it "1 CC usually = doom and death.".

Tactics has the same mobility with better survivability "Fire pulse hits pretty hard but the dot is **** now, compared to what it was (I rather have the burst though) I had issues killing marauders, Juggs and Sorcs in this spec ( I didn't even bother shooting scoundrels and Operative healers), Gunslingers and Snipers still burst the hell out of me as the only thing saved me a lot of times in a 1 vs 1 with them was my healthpool.

Some people still swear by the hybrids and we have found that a full tier is not a big jump in damage still in PvP as opposed to a hybrid ( they still got to work on the PvP portion).

Edited by Tonev

I'm by no means experienced - first real MMORPG but several +30 lv char and vanguard is my main. Lv 54. I run more and more PVP over time and I've had the best luck as tank. Essentially full tank spec. It is an annoy and irritate character more than anything. Few kills, fewer deaths. Tactically important in alot of situations and sometimes people notice that - I probably get the highest MVP vote percentages with this char than any of my others - arguably because it is my main but I think it means it is functional or better. As op lead, it feels a bit under-powered. As anything else, it plays a great role.

I've tried running DPS specs with it and haven't been too successful - I feel like a bad DPS. I'm geared far more towards shield so that could be a large part of it but not all. My main alts are Maurader and Sniper and I struggle to see how this one would compete with those.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I just stack Endurance, endurance, and more freaking endurance. Do that to at least three pieces of yur gear and make the rest Aim.

PvP gameplay-wise, if you face anything more than two lvls above you, run Forrest, run! I'm joking. You can kill an inexperienced Agent or Smuggler of either class. If you even think you see a Scoundrel or Operative stealthing you, however, AOE there quick, or you are screwed. But seriously, if either class of Knight/Warrior or Inquis/Consular comes near you, do as much damage as you can, then get out. Otherwise, it will become a good day to die.....

Cheers!

J'm