The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Emperor vs. Dread Masters

LordxVindican

I find the Dread Masters extremely overrated. So Emperor wins.

This, plus they got caught by Jedi Knight Jaric Kaedan and a squad of Republic Commandos. The Emperor took down an entire Jedi strike force with 1 Jedi Master, and 3 other Jedi Knights.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This, plus they got caught by Jedi Knight Jaric Kaedan and a squad of Republic Commandos. The Emperor took down an entire Jedi strike force with 2 Jedi Masters, and 3 other Jedi Knights, one of whom was Jaric Kaedan(who was a Jedi Master at this time).

Kaedan wasn't one of the Jedi going after the Emperor. I think he even opposed the mission.

He died on Ilum.

Kaedan wasn't one of the Jedi going after the Emperor. I think he even opposed the mission.

He died on Ilum.

Oh wait, ya sorry I misread that so ya he didn't go with him. He wasn't with the strike team, but even so....he captured the Dread Masters as Knight with a squad of Republic Commandos...something Vitiate would just laugh at.

wasn't kaedan a master of battle meditation? i'm pretty sure he was a master of something, and that something completely cancelled out the dread master's abilities. even so, i'm pretty sure a sith emperor knows exactly how their power works, and would have no trouble cancelling the effect, considering that the sith warrior is strong enough to purge her/himself of it during the quest to save them on belsavis.

• 4 years later...
There was a scene in the Shadow of Revan expansion where your character said "The dread masters were incredibly powerful, but even they were powerless against the emperor". I haven't had a chance to do the dread fortress op, but I imagine that's confirming that the dread masters couldn't manage to defeat the emperor in his prime. Now the real question is, who from that era, if anyone, would be able to take down the emperor?

There was a scene in the Shadow of Revan expansion where your character said "The dread masters were incredibly powerful, but even they were powerless against the emperor". I haven't had a chance to do the dread fortress op, but I imagine that's confirming that the dread masters couldn't manage to defeat the emperor in his prime. Now the real question is, who from that era, if anyone, would be able to take down the emperor?

Somewhere in the game you can ask how Master Kaedan did it and the answer is, he tricked the Dread Masters with his (i guess as someone earlier posted) Battle Meditation. He mentally defended himself and his Squad to take them out. He only was able to do this because of his BM. Otherwise the Dread Masters would have wiped the floor with him, as with everyone else.

With Vitiate its the same as with other big bads in other games. We only defeated him because of his weakened state. Otherwise he would have killed us.

Edited by Jesseriah