Sith Trooper Armor coming to Cartel Market --CE perks Eroding?

Cocles

The CE for this game was $150, so it's justifiable for it to have some pretty cool and exclusive aesthetic perks in game. One of the most substantial of those was the 1 adaptable armor set for each faction.

As of 2.4 though, I'm having trouble coming up with a CE in-game perk (besides starting with a VIP bracelet) that isn't just a reskin of something on the GTN or Cartel store. I thought one exclusive armor model per faction was reasonable. It's a shame to see that go.

Edit: Title changed from Stormtrooper to Sith Trooper to avoid confusion.

Edited by Cocles

The CE for this game was $150, so it's justifiable for it to have some pretty cool and exclusive aesthetic perks in game. One of the most substantial of those was the 1 adaptable armor set for each faction.

As of 2.4 though, I'm having trouble coming up with a CE in-game perk (besides starting with a VIP bracelet) that isn't just a reskin of something on the GTN or Cartel store. I thought one exclusive armor model per faction was reasonable. It's a shame to see that go.

What's this about Stormtrooper Armor coming to the Cartel Market?

I call BS... Heard nothing about that one.

Oh, and VIP Bracelet isn't a CE perk, you can get that for $5 by upgrading to digital deluxe.

Why would Stormtrooper armor be on the CE? It hasn't been created yet.

Eh, what? Every Imperial Soldier NPC in game is wearing it, and it has been available in the CE store since launch.

As for it being in the Cartel Market. It's in the 2.4 data files that have been released for the PTS.

I'm assuming since it's on the PTS, it's okay to post: http://imgur.com/a/alS2z#20

If not, mods please delete that link, and I apologize.

Edited by Cocles

Eh, what? Every Imperial Soldier NPC in game is wearing it, and it has been available in the CE store since launch.

As for it being in the Cartel Market. It's in the 2.4 data files that have been released for the PTS.

That isn't Stormtrooper armor, that is Sith Trooper armor.

Not really.

Right, because Sith Trooper armor isn't SWTOR's version of Stormtrooper armor? Anyway, the name itself isn't important to what I'm saying. I'll change the title in case some of you are picturing the later white armor.

Edited by Cocles

Right, because Sith Trooper armor isn't SWTOR's version of Stormtrooper armor? Anyway, the name itself isn't important to what I'm saying. I'll change the title in case some of you are picturing the later white armor.

Technically it's not... The Galactic Empire version of Sith Trooper armor is actually just Imperial Military Armor.. The Stormtrooper corps are meant to be the Elite.

Right, because Sith Trooper armor isn't SWTOR's version of Stormtrooper armor? Anyway, the name itself isn't important to what I'm saying.

Sith Troopers are cannon fodder. Stormtroopers are the elite. The armor Sith Troopers wear is standard military armor. Just like we wouldn't equate the standard Republic uniform to the uniforms that Rebel Soldiers wear.

Oh, there's my problem. I accidentally posted this in the "Star Wars" instead of "SWTOR" General Discussion. I'll let you get back to what you're doing.

And since when are Stormtroopers not canon fodder? You mean these guys?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper

You know there several theatrical movies of these guys being one-shot by the hundreds, right?

Edited by Cocles

Oh, there's my problem. I accidentally posted this in the "Star Wars" instead of "SWTOR" General Discussion. I'll let you get back to what you're doing.

And since when are Stormtroopers not canon fodder? You mean these guys?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper

You know there several theatrical movies of these guys being one-shot by the hundreds, right?

The tone is unnecessary...