Don't know what to do with my last 3 points pve raid build Guardian

Nixmega

Two points in Perseverance, 1 point in Accuracy. in the Vigilance tree is what I normally role with for increased threat/dps.

EDIT: I would remove battlefield command and put two points in master focus. battlefield command is more of a PVP talent. In most cases your forceleap will be off cool down when you need it in raids.

Edited by Dragonexadon

Two points in Perseverance, 1 point in Accuracy. in the Vigilance tree is what I normally role with for increased threat/dps.

EDIT: I would remove battlefield command and put two points in master focus. battlefield command is more of a PVP talent. In most cases your forceleap will be off cool down when you need it in raids.

That does increase threat by just a hair. What's the thought process behind master focus.. just even that much more increased threat? I agree on battlefield command. There's not really any fight I can think where I need it at all.

Still, be nice if we had 1-2 places to put those skill points that really topped off the tree. Know what I mean?

That does increase threat by just a hair. What's the thought process behind master focus.. just even that much more increased threat?

Master strike should be used off cool-down every cool down (factoring in situation awareness of-course). The damage output of the move is amazing and it has no focus cost. With that said you get more bang for your buck if you put those points into master strike as you will be using master strike far more than you will be leaping. More so leaping after taking damage.

I agree on battlefield command. There's not really any fight I can think where I need it at all.

Still, be nice if we had 1-2 places to put those skill points that really topped off the tree. Know what I mean?

TBH I think you will be surprised by your overall increased threat by putting the three points in strength, accuracy and switching to master strike. If you are a parser then hit the dummy without those points in place, for 5 mins, and do the same with those points in place. You should see a pretty big difference.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500RrRbddrordGzZcRMZb.3

You could take two out of expeditious protector and put it in guard and thrust...but I don't know why you'd want to.

Whys:

-Battlefield command is useful during fights like Styrak and anything where leaping to another target in sooner succession is useful.

-Guard and Thrust is not useful. Lowering the CD on that skill during only saber ward is kinda...well not helpful if its a survival time problem. Usually means you have aggro, a tiny bit more damage isn't going to help.

-Expeditious Protector is useful for the speed increase when chasing stuff down, or keeping ahead of bosses like with Cartel Warlord kiting.

-Perseverance helps with threat generation.

-Swelling winds helps with threat generation, especially AOE.

-Master focus is more helpful than Dust Storm. At the same time you could switch those back, as often I don't find reason/need/time to use master strike over other abilities in the rotation.

-Last point in accuracy is pretty much "just because" - 1%, even 3% isn't a huge jump while tanking. Could put it in dust storm if you feel the skill is really important to your group.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500RrRbddrordGzZcRMZb.3

You could take two out of expeditious protector and put it in guard and thrust...but I don't know why you'd want to.

Whys:

-Battlefield command is useful during fights like Styrak and anything where leaping to another target in sooner succession is useful.

-Guard and Thrust is not useful. Lowering the CD on that skill during only saber ward is kinda...well not helpful if its a survival time problem. Usually means you have aggro, a tiny bit more damage isn't going to help.

-Expeditious Protector is useful for the speed increase when chasing stuff down, or keeping ahead of bosses like with Cartel Warlord kiting.

-Perseverance helps with threat generation.

-Swelling winds helps with threat generation, especially AOE.

-Master focus is more helpful than Dust Storm. At the same time you could switch those back, as often I don't find reason/need/time to use master strike over other abilities in the rotation.

-Last point in accuracy is pretty much "just because" - 1%, even 3% isn't a huge jump while tanking. Could put it in dust storm if you feel the skill is really important to your group.

I appreciate all this info. Guard and Thrust feels very useful once you have the 4 piece set bonus imo. But I can see the reason not to have it. Once people start parsing off the charts guard and thrust has seemed to be a big help. I didn't use it in the past. Now it feels appropriate.

Expeditious protector is something I've been spec'ing back into during certain parts of S&V ... but normally don't have it. Without ever really losing threat its uses are minimal outside of pvp. I do occasionally go back into it for certain fights.

The rest I agree swelling winds is great. Dust storm is nice on trash pulls.

Master strike should be used off cool-down every cool down (factoring in situation awareness of-course). The damage output of the move is amazing and it has no focus cost. With that said you get more bang for your buck if you put those points into master strike as you will be using master strike far more than you will be leaping. More so leaping after taking damage.

TBH I think you will be surprised by your overall increased threat by putting the three points in strength, accuracy and switching to master strike. If you are a parser then hit the dummy without those points in place, for 5 mins, and do the same with those points in place. You should see a pretty big difference.

After testing this. Good advice sir. I applaud you.