Kingpin Bounty Reward....?

Felkroth

I just can't see the reason for doing this event, rep seems to be the main reason but I can't see anything the rep vendor sells that I really want or need. Not to mention the time it will take to grind the rep this being a one week a month event. At least have a decent reward on offer, maybe a piece of 168 gear or once you've done all the henchmen and kingpin missions it unlocks them and you can do them all every day and treat them like dailies. Just something to make it worthwhile. I am very disappointed in this event and didn't even bother doing it yesterday because I can see no reason for it.

I dunno... I'm enjoying the event. I like achievements and the basic setup of the hunts are fun to me. I play in the morning so I never had to compete thus far (7 toons) for Shady Characters so its 15 minutes per character for me. No biggie.

I like some of the rewards. The first chest piece (with appropriate dye) is awesome to me and I like the Legendary helm. But I want that HK customization! A few of the other items are pretty schnazzy as well. The prices are a bit too high though I'll give you that, but since you get 300-500k running dailies it isn't exactly a big deal.

It all depends on what you like. Everyone is different. I get a sense of achievement when I finish grinding Rep or get that achievement list to 100%. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Yup. I was like 'is that it?!!!!!' Where is the 'Hunt', where do you actually feel like a Bounty Hunter? Instead its yet another generic scripted fetch quest sugar coated in a 'Bounty Hunt' Week. VERY disappointing.

And for those who didn't know - this is how Star Wars Galaxies handled Bounty Hunting.

Visit Terminal. Accept one mission from several. Insert DNA in to your Probe Droid. Send Probe off into the galaxy. Wait approx 5 minutes

Droid returns with information that target is on planet X. Board ship, get yourself to planet X.

Send out up to 3 smaller seeker droids to pin point EXACT location. They report back with location. Jump on Speeder, head to shuttle port or on your mount(depending on distance) to track down target - HUNT BEGINS.

Now because you had the choice to hunt either NPCs or actual real players, it made it lots of fun, because most of the time, the group(who your target most likely is in) would also be looking out for Bounty Hunters. As a BH, you would need to use all your tricks to track down and then finally kill your target. Probably one of the BEST features in an MMO I have seen.

Whilst I applaud Biowares attempt to offer something new, yet again its just another fetch quest without any real hunting.

Cmon Bioware, is this really the best you can do?

Aye, I was a BH in SWG - good times. If you was defeated in pvp you could put a contract on the player. BH could pickup the contract from a terminal and hunt that player. Was great taking someone out in a cantina or even better if they didn't set there house to private. You could go in and take them out catching them doing role play with another person ;).

I don't know what BW was thinking when they come up with this BH event. And does the BH class in SWTOR actually even get contracts and or hunt? This event is just another lame boring grind.

It's a way to stagger the content out, and to encourage people to group up - but if they want people to group up then they need to buff the Crime Lords.

Undertuning the Crime Lords means you can solo the entire event. The Rakghoul and Gree event both required grouping to get 100% completion (2 of the Rakghoul Event Bosses were 50 and it's impossible to solo Xenoanalyst).

They need to buff the Crime Lords. Maybe increases the health by 50% and dps by 20%? That should make it more on par with a Heroic 2+ rather than merely a 2.5 minute fight.

The points that all the Gree group missions grant purple Reputation tokens for example.