I quit.

NvrShoutNvr

With Bioware removing 8v8 ranked Warzones from the game in 2.4, I've decided that it's time for me to stop playing the game. PvP is the only reason I play, and they're taking out one of the best parts of it. Gl hf, I'm done with this. Ya'll have fun with your arenas.

Ngl Arenas are going to get so boring after two weeks.

Should've been the reason why they kept 8v8 ranked. Now there's literally no reason to run 8v8 regs either, since you can play simple deathmatch with 4 people to get most likely instapops along with the fact that you can solo que for the ranked matches in 4v4 as well. If there's no 8v8 ranked competitive matches, why go into that queue if you don't even need to practice?

Maybe if people feeling a little sentimental some days, Idk. Either way, they're still ruining everything they've done with PvP since beta.

I sort of agree with Zu on this, by not keeping the 8v8 ranked scene (even if outside of kickball it is all but dead here) it means that it is easier/quicker to grind for comms in the arena.

This is similar to when they introduced the 55 FPs, since then I have run a total of 1 50 FP and that was at midnight literally running a new guildie through the FP.

Personally, with the way they have made decisions it would be better if they just get rid of ranked warzone commendations altogether as the 4v4 arenas will have everyone in ranked wz gear in no time. Which ironically is what I preferred all along as I am a big advocate of the player > gear and that especially in PVP the gear grind is unnecessary.

Edited by bsbrad

I sort of agree with Zu on this, by not keeping the 8v8 ranked scene (even if outside of kickball it is all but dead here) it means that it is easier/quicker to grind for comms in the arena.

This is similar to when they introduced the 55 FPs, since then I have run a total of 1 50 FP and that was at midnight literally running a new guildie through the FP.

Personally, with the way they have made decisions it would be better if they just get rid of ranked warzone commendations altogether as the 4v4 arenas will have everyone in ranked wz gear in no time. Which ironically is what I preferred all along as I am a big advocate of the player > gear and that especially in PVP the gear grind is unnecessary.

I do like the change, since they are actually making it easier to grind out Conq. gear along with making the rated Firebrand items actually obtainable by the entire server (you can literally say, "I can get this rating by myself" when 2.4 rolls around), along with the fact that I will enjoy simple deathmatches for a good period of time. I just wish they wouldn't take out the 8v8 ranked, as there is going to be nothing in those 4v4 arenas that can rival the intensity of a ranked Huttball match, or even the struggle of maintaining a real stalemate between two amazing teams.

It seemed perfect, where the analogy I see this coming into play is 4v4s would be like FPs and 8v8s would be just like operations, ranked for each version would be similar to the HMs of said operations and FPs. Even taking this analogy further, NiM operations would be the PvE equivalent of the 8v8 guild matches, where the level of competition is going to be the highest in the game. There are no NiM FPs, considering you can't make something as simple as those any more difficult than HM, just like how 4v4 deathmatches will never be as intense as 8v8 objective play when guild's match up.

PvE, imo, is successful in this game because of that structure, where the only weakness that can be seen is the natural ceiling that comes with raiding: clearing the hardest content and getting bored with the game shortly after. PvP, if keeping the same structure, would be nearly perfect due to the fact that it is all about escalation, meaning the ranked team to beat today could be the bottom of the list by tomorrow etc. Perfect setup, imo, is if they kept both, and they would actually be doing something successful for the health of the game for once if they had pursued that path.

However, it seems to me like they made a swap for "a detailed and interesting system that only serves the highest level of competitive players" for "a simple and broad system that allows access for all". Sure, they needed the second one badly to improve the state of PvP, but in the long term prospect of things, neither one of those solves the problem alone.

In the end, true success comes from the combination of both. Simply because you cover all of the population by combining the two.

As someone else said on the main forum with 4v4 ranked 8v8 would have become empty so even ifthey left it you would not be playing it. Also Regular 8v8 will still happen for the casual players who don't want to get beaten by pre-made 4 man groups who are well geared.

It will filter out gear and skill most likely and your regulars will be for regulars and Arena's will be for the more advanced groups.

Also Regular 8v8 will still happen for the casual players who don't want to get beaten by pre-made 4 man groups who are well geared.

Except warzones and arenas in regs share the same queue. If a well geared premade gets tired of endless deathmatches and wants to do an actual objective based warzone, their only choice is to queue for regs, where there are no ratings and will often end up matched against a group of casuals.

I foresee this new system working well for a few months until people get bored of nothing but deathmatches.

As someone else said on the main forum with 4v4 ranked 8v8 would have become empty so even ifthey left it you would not be playing it. Also Regular 8v8 will still happen for the casual players who don't want to get beaten by pre-made 4 man groups who are well geared.

It will filter out gear and skill most likely and your regulars will be for regulars and Arena's will be for the more advanced groups.

I can see a small decline, but look at the population that played 8v8, especially on our server:

Guilds would form teams to compete, rather than que with regs. Just because there is now a 4v4 ranked section, you think those 8 who have undoubtedly formed that team specifically because they all want to play in a match against another, will suddenly abandon that que? The appeal for 8v8 ranked is not being tarnished by the 4v4, as the whole intrigue in those matches is high level competition. The people who say, "why form a team of 8 when you can just do 4v4 ranked" are the ones who actually don't regularly play 8v8 a majority of the time, so the actual ranked population of 8v8 wouldn't take much of a hit at all along with the 4v4 ranked satisfying a much larger scope of the community.

Think of it like a great steakhouse: are people going to stop going there because there's a McDonald's in town now? Of course not, since people that spend the money to go to the steakhouse are going there on a different appeal than the McDonald's, which appeals to the people that can't afford to get into the steakhouse. What EA is, metaphorically, doing is taking out the steakhouse for the McDonald's because they fear the steakhouse is going to lose customers to their new McDonald's.

Hopefully there's some agreement to how silly that logic is :/

I can see a small decline, but look at the population that played 8v8, especially on our server:

Think of it like a great steakhouse: are people going to stop going there because there's a McDonald's in town now? Of course not, since people that spend the money to go to the steakhouse are going there on a different appeal than the McDonald's, which appeals to the people that can't afford to get into the steakhouse. What EA is, metaphorically, doing is taking out the steakhouse for the McDonald's because they fear the steakhouse is going to lose customers to their new McDonald's.

Hopefully there's some agreement to how silly that logic is :/

Best analogy ever.

I liked the damn steak house. McDonalds makes me sick to my stomach.

*cries*

And now the midpriced steakhouse is serving not only the steak but they give you mcdonalds too with it. And you better like what's on your plate! Stinky :(

I think you will see people putting together well thought out groups ranging from all stealth teams to double tank/double heals to 4 dps you won't know what your going to get.

It will be fun, I would have kept the 8v8 ranked and just added more coms per win over 4v4 that way people have the option for it. it's just like Wow arena's it was always harder to get 5 or do 10 for ranked than doing 3's or 2's.

We had a few games lastnight that I was able to be a part of was good times.