No more ranked 8v8 in 2.4, how many will continue to do ranked 4v4?

MasterFryman

I really wished that 8v8 had worked out, but we all know there is really no way that can happen unless you could get all possible ranked teams from all servers in the same Q. So, 4v4 RWZs should pop fast and be easier to make happen. The only thing I woulda liked is if they could allow you to Q for either 8v8 or 4v4 regular. With respec in WZ Q going away, it would be nice to have "some" predictability to what you will play; objective or death match.

wtb buff to vengeance in 2.4 patch, honestly my favorite spec to play, and im tired of being forced to go smashy >:(

but ya, 4v4 will be great, especially for those with fps issues, should make game a bit smoother in smaller arenas.

Just remember, 8vs8 rank isn't completely off the table. If they feel they can solve the issues with it they'll bring it back. Not a bad thing since plenty of people like to have a strategy element in PvP.

I'm sure people who solo queue will be happy since this should mean less premades in regular and more doing arenas.

Oh and a match making system that pits people with similar rankings against each other will be in placed for ranked arenas. Again, that should make a lot of people happy.

wtb buff to vengeance in 2.4 patch, honestly my favorite spec to play, and im tired of being forced to go smashy >:(

but ya, 4v4 will be great, especially for those with fps issues, should make game a bit smoother in smaller arenas.

Oh, oh, I'd like to buy a buff to vengeance. Preferably sooner than 2.4.

I like rage but I also like vengeance more so due to the utility and added survivability.

Also willing to buy annihilation/watchman fixes for 2.4.

Edited by Dedrayge

They are going to have to fine tune the balance in ranked 4v4 and 8v8, and trying to do that with both up and running at the sametime would be a nightmare.

Well I can't imagine they can do a whole lot of balancing 8v8 when ....there is no 8v8...it all sounds pretty dumb to me. I have never once questioned Bioware's decisions regarding pvp, but I think this is just stupid. I mean they've built the end game around 8 man groups....both in pve and in pvp...as long as warzones have 2 teams of 8, top tier players are going to want a more competitive version of that.....I feel bad for the 5 existing warzones, I can't help but feel they will never be graced with good, fun, competitive games after this patch. 5 great 8v8 warzones, and all you can do with them is que a team of 4....what a waste....

Edited by Frequencyz

i have been understanding with bioware and never really complained about anything but they are really screwing over pvpers......first of all if u were having problems with ppl not getting ranked matches have cross server ranked ques.....problem solved .......and now they take it away for arenas.....i'm not against arenas but why cant they do both....am really pissed bout this.....i dont want it to happen but its gonna make all the ppl who do ranked unsub.....

Well I can't imagine they can do a whole lot of balancing 8v8 when ....there is no 8v8...it all sounds pretty dumb to me. I have never once questioned Bioware's decisions regarding pvp, but I think this is just stupid. I mean they've built the end game around 8 man groups....both in pve and in pvp...as long as warzones have 2 teams of 8, top tier players are going to want a more competitive version of that.....I feel bad for the 5 existing warzones, I can't help but feel they will never be graced with good, fun, competitive games after this patch. 5 great 8v8 warzones, and all you can do with them is que a team of 4....what a waste....

I agree with you, why remove content. If they want more ranked play then incentivize it like they do high end raiding. Or make a ranked daily and weekly. What happens if areanas suck? Something about 1 in the hand is better than 4v4 in the bush.

Problem with ranked right is the fact there are certain classes and specs that have to be brought in to each ranked WZ for optimal results. So, some people are going to get left out or bored because they can bring in their main or play the spec they enjoy the most. This also results in a lack of variety. And of course, there are plenty of instances where two really good teams face off against each other only to result in stalemates. That is just going to get boring.

Class balance isn't where it needs to be for ranked to truly survive. Better class balance means more varied team compositions and thus more adjusting of strategies. That makes for more exciting WZs.

The engine also isn't performing as well as it needs to be. WZs can just get too damned glitchy and then there's the issue of the GCD kicking in without the ability being triggered. In my experience, this can happen three times in a row. So really, the game engine needs a serious performance upgrade. This way we deal with less glitches and have more responsive controls.

The lack of a match making system has resulted in some discouraging ranked matches for people.

Being able to respec within a WZ also results in problems.

Of course the match making and respecing is being dealt with for ranked arenas, so, don't see why they can't include it for 8vs8 ranked WZs.

It's also much harder to get an 8 man team together. It's made even worse when guilds want to have a strict A team and are unwilling to replace spots.

Yes they could keep 8vs8, but, it may be so dead it may not be worth the effort. At this point, they may be better off pulling it and giving it a serious over haul before re-introducing it.

Think it's also a safe bet to say they just don't have the man power to focus on both ranked 8vs8 and ranked arena. Seeing has how 8vs8 is still in need of work, they would be hard pressed to focus on two different types of ranked settings.

Oh and petition thread to keep 8vs8 ranked.

Edited by Dedrayge

Problem with ranked right is the fact there are certain classes and specs that have to be brought in to each ranked WZ for optimal results. So, some people are going to get left out or bored because they can bring in their main or play the spec they enjoy the most.

I play every warzone exclusively as carnage....regardless of how well it does...even though society says I need to be rage. Our ranked group only ever has 1 smash.

I play every warzone exclusively as carnage....regardless of how well it does...even though society says I need to be rage. Our ranked group only ever has 1 smash.

**** society...and you're lucky you have a guild that's not telling you how to play your marauder and still brings you into rank. Mind you, that super pred is actually useful in pretty much every WZ.

Usually ranked teams bring in two rage marauders and juggs only get brought in if they are specced into immortal.

I not entirely thrilled they are removing it. However, if they are removing it to make it better. Ill take it. If they are removing it just because it failed due to their own causes. Shame on them.

I hope to see them back to add to variety of ranked to choose from. But at the moment, arena's are in, I love arena's so, i can entertain myself for a while with that while they fix Ranked 8v8.

Problem with ranked right is the fact there are certain classes and specs that have to be brought in to each ranked WZ for optimal results. So, some people are going to get left out or bored because they can bring in their main or play the spec they enjoy the most. This also results in a lack of variety. And of course, there are plenty of instances where two really good teams face off against each other only to result in stalemates. That is just going to get boring.

Class balance isn't where it needs to be for ranked to truly survive. Better class balance means more varied team compositions and thus more adjusting of strategies. That makes for more exciting WZs.[/url].

This will be an even more glaring issue with 4v4. At least with 8v8 some classes had a chance to get in because it was harder to fill slots.

The success or failure of this patch all comes down to the class changes. Balances are so few and far in between that its obvious whatever we get we will be dealing with for quite a few months. I'm happy about the matchmaking and the solo ranked, and not so happy about the fact that the 4v4 and 8v8 regs aren't separated. sometimes I'll be happy just hitting things, but other times I want objectives.

This will be an even more glaring issue with 4v4. At least with 8v8 some classes had a chance to get in because it was harder to fill slots.

The success or failure of this patch all comes down to the class changes. Balances are so few and far in between that its obvious whatever we get we will be dealing with for quite a few months. I'm happy about the matchmaking and the solo ranked, and not so happy about the fact that the 4v4 and 8v8 regs aren't separated. sometimes I'll be happy just hitting things, but other times I want objectives.

Yea, that's actually true. For ranked arenas, even if a class is highly viable, people will most likely be forced to use a particular spec or be told to get lost. More so by so the "top tier" and "serious" guilds.

Oh I'm happy to see a matchmaking system in place and particularly happy to see a solo ranked option finally become available. And like you, not too happy that regular 4vs4 and 8vs8 won't be separated. I honestly believe one should have the option to queue up arenas, WZs, and both. After all, death matches can be fun but get a little dull after a while.

Right now for ranked arenas I can see people only wanting operative/soundrels as healers and guard/juggs as tanks. If people want a ranged class, it will most likely be snipers unless LoS is too much of an issue in arenas in which case it will probably fall on to DPS sorcerers/sages.

BW will be running a four man group on the PTS tonight and from the looks of their names will have a merc and PT in the fold. I also hear a couple of the combat devs are on the team which means it's a good opportunity for people to show them just how unwanted certain classes and specs are. Kind of a reality check as it where.

Attempting to balance PvP / PvE is akin to Tilting at Windmills.

Balancing PvP and PvE is very possible if developers did what GW2 did and have separate PvP and PvE skill templates.

Balancing PvP and PvE is very possible if developers did what GW2 did and have separate PvP and PvE skill templates.

Interesting. I concur that "expertise" is not enough (although it is a start). WoW (Blizzard) gave up long ago with that concept. I don't trust EA to give two craps one way or another.