GG 8V8 RWZ, It's been fun. See you guys in 4v4

DimeStax

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

It makes sense really. BW was consistently have to (or failing to) balance classes for PvE, PvP, and around certain WZ objectives. Now since everything is death match all they need to do is balance classes around PvE and PvP.

See you guys in arenas. Let's try to play on PTS as much as possible.

Edited by DimeStax

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

It makes sense really. BW was consistently have to (or failing to) balance classes for PvE, PvP, and around certain WZ objectives. Now since everything is death match all they need to do is balance classes around PvE and PvP.

See you guys in arenas.

This sucks. Well... it was fun while it lasted. =/

I'm actually super excited about this. Objectives are fun when you're playing for fun for regs, but imo they don't belong in a competitive environment.

No more cheese comps and stalemate-y objectives leading to half hour coin flip Novares.

No more Civil Wars decided by who can get a lucky cc cap then spec all tanks and healers.

No more Huttballs where it's a zerg/rng fest to pick up the ball when some people inexplicably (or explicably?) get it faster than everyone else.

No more Voidstars decided by who has the most smashers on offense and healers on defense.

No more 24 round Hypersplits.

Rateds used to be fun, these past couple months they've been boring and predictable as ****. Arenas will bring a breath of excitement, and more importantly, new faces. It's much easier to get 4 people together to queue than it is to get 8.

2.4 will be a good thing, I hope.

Edited by Morde_

I'm sad to see 8v8 RWZ go but it is a very rational decision. 8v8 RWZ is on life support. With Arenas you can expect the number of folks queuing for 8v8 RWZ to drop.

With deathmatch arenas, the weird fact that you get stunned through resilience 5% of the time is not such a big deal as it is in an objective based WZ. Ditto for the alacrity roll.

I love objective based WZs but the same thing that makes these interesting is what makes various small details (like sapping through resilience) matter so much. Getting rid of objectives in serious play certainly makes BW's job easier.

Since BW is getting rid of respec in WZ, I wonder if they'll lock down gear in WZ too. This would be the perfect time to roll out dual config. Dual config is ike dual spec but you have different setups (skill tree, gear, quickbars) for PvE and PvP. Combine dual config with the ability to resume flashpoints ...

• start a flashpoint while queued for 4-man premade
  • play the flashpoint some
  • take the PvP queue pop
  • resume the flashpoint

and we have something interesting to do while we wait for the next queue pop.

I'm actually super excited about this. Objectives are fun when you're playing for fun for regs, but imo they don't belong in a competitive environment.

No more cheese comps and stalemate-y objectives leading to half hour coin flip Novares.

No more Civil Wars decided by who can get a lucky cc cap then spec all tanks and healers.

No more Huttballs where it's a zerg/rng fest to pick up the ball when some people inexplicably (or explicably?) get it faster than everyone else.

No more Voidstars decided by who has the most smashers on offense and healers on defense.

No more 24 round Hypersplits.

Rateds used to be fun, these past couple months they've been boring and predictable as ****. Arenas will bring a breath of excitement, and more importantly, new faces. It's much easier to get 4 people together to queue than it is to get 8.

2.4 will be a good thing, I hope.

One team comes to mind.......L O L

Gonna be fun to see synergy in a 4v4 deathmatch, WAIT WE CC'D THEM WHERES THE NODE TO CAPTURE?

And it WILL be a good thing, like Scold said, 4v4 will be easier to queue for = more teams. And much easier to balance, they said they MIGHT bring rwz 8v8 back but no time soon. Good changes overall, super excited for 2.4 :)

Edited by Laithrup

Gonna be fun to see synergy in a 4v4 deathmatch, WAIT WE CC'D THEM WHERES THE NODE TO CAPTURE?

Just wait for Trumoo comp Hood-rat + Shifu + whichever 2 other scoundrels are online.

Just wait for Trumoo comp Hood-rat + Shifu + whichever 2 other scoundrels are online.

rofl, it will be much harder to do cheese comps in 4v4 deathmatch, considering this time we wont have to worry about where we stand/how far we can go from a node, and focus on kills/switchs. ^_________^

rofl, it will be much harder to do cheese comps in 4v4 deathmatch, considering this time we wont have to worry about where we stand/how far we can go from a node, and focus on kills/switchs. ^_________^

I'm pretty sure it mentioned something about Toxic gas filling the room after a certain amount of time dealing DoT to everyone. Sifu will probably just turtle til the sudden death and then heal through it with 3 scoundrels.

I'm pretty sure it mentioned something about Toxic gas filling the room after a certain amount of time dealing DoT to everyone. Sifu will probably just turtle til the sudden death and then heal through it with 3 scoundrels.

^ then the other team will die from the gas and Sifu wins again.

they said they MIGHT bring rwz 8v8 back but no time soon. Good changes overall, super excited for 2.4 :)

Nah that's pure PR. 8v8 rated is dead and gone. Whoever was working on it was laid off during the dark days. The remaining devs never supported it and clearly don't want it. I'd rate the chances of it coming back at less than 1%

If anybody wants to put up 100 creds to my 10000 I'll book bets.

werent you part of that 3 scoundrel business..............

yay the end of outkilling synergy 30 kills to 2 and sifu's macro being useless ftw.

also @ all gunslingers and snipers out there: GL being useless in two months LOL :-)

I think Slinger is still the most optimal ranged class. Still can't leap me, still have Hunker Down, still build 30 stacks of Ready for Anything, still hit like a truck in Sharpshooter and still have plenty of CC"s.

Edited by DimeStax

I think Slinger is still the most optimal ranged class. Still can't leap me, still have Hunker Down, still build 30 stacks of Ready for Anything, still hit like a truck in Sharpshooter and still have plenty of CC"s.

yes this would all be true if it was a good gunslinger.