GTN method

nlashbrook

Don't want this to come across as ************ or anything, but I just wanted to point out that when you undercut someone but a few 100k on a reasonably priced item, all your doing is loosing money. That being said, what are your methods of playing the gtn? (this is also a revised thread because my dumb *** was recruiting outside the guild recruitment section and couldn't find the delete button -_-) Edited by nlashbrook

(a) They may not be 'playing the GTN' and only wanting to offload something.

(b) They may be playing the GTN but not caring if they get less profit margin than you are. If their item sells at <100K than yours instead of yours, then they're making money and you're not, no?

Edited by AlixMV

(b) They may be playing the GTN but not caring if they get less profit margin than you are. If their item sells at <100K than yours instead of yours, then they're making money and you're not, no?

This is the right of it. As an addendum to (a), maybe they tried selling a given item at what seemed like a reasonable price and failed—just because everybody else has the same price doesn't mean it's the right price.

Generally in MMO's with a trade market system, I undercut the crap out of people on purpose.

Money does not matter to me in a video game. I do what I need to, to make the money I need to continue on.

I usually am pretty self sufficient when it comes to consumables and repairs and combines.

When I end up with an over abundance of materials, I do a huge sale. Mind you, I'm not giving things away for free. But it's a fun way to disrupt the economy. I look for the lowest buyout, and post it for about 1/2 of that.

To be fair I've tried to stay as close to market prices as possible, but honestly after I've listed something on a 2d auction 4 or 5 times and it hasn't sold I'll cut the price 20-30% just to get it out of my inventory. *shrug*

I had a guildy once who listed everything he didn't want on the GTN using whatever the default price was when he put it there. hmm. that's not retarded. so yeah...there are ppl who "just want to unload" as in use GTN as a vender. unreal.

Edited by foxmob