Why so much hate?

Sokars

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because many people need to shore up their sense of being justified in playing whatever MMO they are currently in the love half of a love/hate relationship with by enumerating all those mmos which fall mostly into the latter half of that relationship dynamic.

Or, in layman's terms, people are galactically insecure about what they do with their spare time.

Not speculating here. If you want proof, try standing completely immobile, doing nothing productive in the middle of a very busy place for ten minutes (in fact, don't even think about anything productive if you can manage it). Then tell me how that experience made you feel.

Most people- even the least motivated individuals in society- will report feeling awkward. Often guilty. That's it in a nutshell. If you're wasting time, you must at least delude yourself into believing it is somehow justified.

"Well yeah, sure I'm playing a silly game, but at least I'm not playing that silly game like those poor saps!"

/monocle

Anyone that knows how to meditate will be able to sit/stand there for an hour+ without feeling the slightest bit awkward. Of course, it is hard to feel awkward when you feel at peace with the universe. :D

In an recent Gamasutra article on player behaviour (which I cannot link to, because that would get me banned here), someone was quoted - quoted again from my memory - as if people would give up their self when in forums and become a second personality.

Which is - to me - a good explanation why people are acting so much full of hatred when being in forums in general.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.