Class Story Spoiled by Makeb prompt

Lightrider

Apologies in advance if this is a known issue or has been posted before.

I was leveling a Sith Inq. and just after I finished Voss (lvl47), I traveled to Korriban, as the quest led me to do. After flying there, my ship holoterm was clickable (seemingly for my class quest) - when I clicked it, an NPC I'd never seen appeared and he proceeded to give dialogue which spoils the ending to my class story. Then it automatically ported me to Makeb (???).

Getting spoilers on the forums or from other players is one thing, but when the game mechanics are setup to spoil itself, that's dissappointing (and very controllable by BioWare). The Makeb quest stuff should not appear until you are the appropriate level and/or at the right part of your class story.

Apologies in advance if this is a known issue or has been posted before.

I was leveling a Sith Inq. and just after I finished Voss (lvl47), I traveled to Korriban, as the quest led me to do. After flying there, my ship holoterm was clickable (seemingly for my class quest) - when I clicked it, an NPC I'd never seen appeared and he proceeded to give dialogue which spoils the ending to my class story. Then it automatically ported me to Makeb (???).

Getting spoilers on the forums or from other players is one thing, but when the game mechanics are setup to spoil itself, that's dissappointing (and very controllable by BioWare). The Makeb quest stuff should not appear until you are the appropriate level and/or at the right part of your class story.

The in game mail you get that introduces Makeb, the one from the devs, informs you of this. Your mistake for not paying attention :p

The in game mail you get that introduces Makeb, the one from the devs, informs you of this. Your mistake for not paying attention :p

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to... I don't have any in-game mail. Are you seriously saying they send us a mail informing us that they will spoil the class story ending if you click your ship term? The game knows I'm not done my class story and that I'm level 47 - why wouldn't they automatically disable this?

The only reason I'm posting this is so nobody else gets spoiled by clicking their term as well.

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to... I don't have any in-game mail. Are you seriously saying they send us a mail informing us that they will spoil the class story ending if you click your ship term? The game knows I'm not done my class story and that I'm level 47 - why wouldn't they automatically disable this?

The only reason I'm posting this is so nobody else gets spoiled by clicking their term as well.

The original mails didn't but now those who make a new character who have ROTHC will have a little fyi at the bottom. This was their response to the issue when it was raised so I doubt they will change it again.

You could've also, you know, his ESC to end the convo when you realized that it wasn't something you should be doing yet. Good news in any case is that HOPEFULLY you learned your lesson. Only click on your holoterminal when you have a quest that specifically tells you to or you've just arrived on the planet for the first time, in which case the game usually automatically starts it up for you.

You could've also, you know, his ESC to end the convo when you realized that it wasn't something you should be doing yet. Good news in any case is that HOPEFULLY you learned your lesson. Only click on your holoterminal when you have a quest that specifically tells you to or you've just arrived on the planet for the first time, in which case the game usually automatically starts it up for you.

Your post doesn't pass the laugh test.

For some classes the spoiler happens within the first few seconds of the convo. Devs did a dumb/lazy band aid for this rather than change it.

• 2 months later...

OK this happened me on my first character [Merc] to reach high enough level [47/48?] to get the Makeb intro. The holo was glowing so I clicked on it, as one does and it near instantly revealed the ending to my class story. The damage is done and no amount of Jack Daniels will make me forget what I heard in the dialogue.

Now I realise that the "fix" for this is a warning in-game E-mail and probably a real-word notification is given as well but I foolishly ignored them. So I guess it's my own fault.

The first problem here is that this happend between my travels from Belsavis before I even went to Voss [and I'm sure there's another planet after Voss as well] so you could say I've another bit to go in the Chapter 3 story... However when I log in the character now it's displaying Chapeter 4 Rise of the Hutt Cartel rather than my Chapter 3 adventure which was nice to read if I hadn't logged in for a while. I know I can still play my Chapter 3 story out to it's conclusion, but it seems like it won't update that text until I actually start playing Makeb.

I think my main question here now really is: How do I prevent my other characters from revealing their fate premeaturely in this fashion? I now know clicking the Holo terminal when it's glowing after you hit the High 40's is a no-no if no mission is actually telling you to "Use your ship's Holoterminal" - but what happens when the game DOES tell you to use the holoterminal? Does the game prioritise the chapter 3 story mission or the Makeb intro? Clicking it twice would obviously play the intro, but will only clicking it once just play the active Chapter 3 story cutscene?

If your mission says to click the holoterminal, than it will prioritize over the Makeb intro. The reason it is click able for level 47 is because some players finish their chapter 3 early. Edited by Dioxys

• 1 month later...

This happened to me again.. Spoiled the ending of the JK story, due to the Makeb prompt. BioWare, please fix this so others don't have the same problem :(

I was finishing a planet (Voss, I think) and after the holo conversation, the terminal on my ship was clickable again right after, so I clicked it and the first line that the NPC says spoiled the ending to my story. I really don't understand why they base the accessibility on this by level, when they know that you haven't finished your story (ie: no chapter 3 buff yet or acheivement, etc).