BC Ranked PvP 2.2+

Shinwon

Great turnout yesterday for ranked guys! Played seven matches yesterday against at least four different teams. Hope to see everyone tonight!

Special thanks to Storm, We Stack Presence, Bane's Shadow Legion, Sovereign and members from Knights of Chaos and the Kickballers. You guys were great and I can't wait to play more matches with you all.

Just a reminder for the community: Ranked is on Sat & Sun at 7 pm PST.

Also, there will be ranked between Grim Determination and the All Star Kickballers on Tue at approx 6-7 pm PST. Everyone is more than welcome to jump into the queue then.

Edited by Shinwon

We played several awesome games against We Stack Presence last night. Thanks for queueing guys! If there are any other teams out there that want to play ranked outside of the already scheduled dates, please let us know.

In any case, I hope we can see you guys on Sat/Sun at 7 pm pst!

I look forward to seeing your All Star Team on the field! We finally have a semi-consistent team roster and have been enjoying a lot of success so far.

Hope to see more teams come out! Pubs where are you guys? We miss you :(

Edited by Shinwon

We should be able to see more people getting into 4v4 as getting 3 other people together at the same time should be easier.

Except, its TDM...and that gets really silly boring after the first month without objective play. Plus, you can queue solo and get the same coms without being concerned about stacked competition and just rely on the 50% chance your team is better/worse than the other team.

I'll miss kickball nights and PvP guilds.

I still don't understand why they plan to remove 8v8? It would receive the same level of activity it has with ranked deathmatches added in, at least on this server, for over a couple of years now. Yet they decide that now, just because they come up with 4v4 where everyone can que for ranked, that the 8v8 que is no longer needed? Of course it won't be; it never was needed at all. 8v8 ranked is the highest form of competition in PvP; the way its designed in itself is exclusive towards players that are at least willing to face teams that have developed good coordination and can stomp every single pug out there.

I'm sure they can't be stupid as to realize how intricate and competitive the 8v8 WZs are, where matches against coordinated teams of 8 are going to be more intense than anything the arenas will produce, especially since it will only be one game mode. Ranked Huttball, Ranked objective play, all thrown out the window because they get a new system and finally have an answer to the limited activity that the 8v8 ranked que designed for?

I wish they would've kept the 8v8 que around, and instead of saying, "Oh, it just never got the attention and activity we wanted", they actually looked at the solution of implementing greater rewards for playing at a more objectively based version of ranked. Not everyone can compete well in that que, so for people that play in that selective style of WZs where the objective is more important than the killing done, they should've implemented a greater return to competing in that very top tier type of que such as more rating points, more ranked comms, etc.

That way, they could've at least given the entire set of communities a taste of competitive ranked with 4v4s, while having incentives for people to form teams to battle in 8v8s other than the common "we're sick of our lousy PvP state here on our server" motivation. The devs had a chance with the 4v4s being a good stepping stone to 8v8s, but for some ungodly reason, they removed them to ruin the small minority that was capable of leaping up to that level.

Now we're going to have another que that could potentially kill off the 8v8 regs as well, since there is no incentive to play in that bracket anymore when you can get ranked comms for queing for 4v4s solo. Hopefully the developers won't let every single WZ they've worked on since beta go to the can because of their short sightedness :/

Edited by ZooMzy

• 2 weeks later...
Any guilds down for ranked this weekend?

I'll try to form up the kickballers, but considering we lost a good number of our players to the rise of a few PvP guilds and some who are taking breaks from the game, I can't make any promises.

Guessing I should post here...but AWESOME ranked games against Grim yesterday. They were so so fun and intense. I was sweating...gross but, hey, they were the most competitive games I've played in awhile. :D

I hope we can set up more stuff like that. I'm sorry Infamous couldn't do more. Some lame people over here have to raid n shtuffs. More please! :t_tongue:

Guessing I should post here...but AWESOME ranked games against Grim yesterday. They were so so fun and intense. I was sweating...gross but, hey, they were the most competitive games I've played in awhile. :D

I hope we can set up more stuff like that. I'm sorry Infamous couldn't do more. Some lame people over here have to raid n shtuffs. More please! :t_tongue:

Yep, great games. I loved the competition!