Balance - what augments do I use? Overkill or resolve?

landino

Resolve

Nibbon,

I know you just became the Sage class representative, but I feel like I must disagree with you on this issue. I found myself getting higher crit heals when using resolve augs but I feel like I get a better overall heal using the overkill augs. With Power I am not getting such a spikey heal and more of a higher average heal. Can you explain to me the reasoning for you choosing of Resolve?

-The Harbinger

Nibbon,

I know you just became the Sage class representative, but I feel like I must disagree with you on this issue. I found myself getting higher crit heals when using resolve augs but I feel like I get a better overall heal using the overkill augs. With Power I am not getting such a spikey heal and more of a higher average heal. Can you explain to me the reasoning for you choosing of Resolve?

-The Harbinger

Um nibbon/elidhu has done number crunching and I have as well parsing that proves resolve gives you an edge over overkill for both heals and dps. If I wasn't on vacation and doing this from my iPhone I would link parses as well as graphs I made that disagree with your point. I'm not posting to say that what you are doing is bad but simply without seeing the data you have done to support your point (aka if you could link us tests you have done to prove your point) I'm going to say I'm not convinced. I will say though the difference between the two is small but resolve does come out ahead due to the fact that most specs Choose to spec Into the 6% willpower bonus talent and it works in our favor more consistently.

However if you can provide us data to look at I think several of us will examine it