The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Possible Episode VII Announcements at Disney Expo

Beniboybling

Excerpt from the article:

Keep your eyes on Anaheim this weekend as Disney pulls back the curtain on its biannual D23 fan event – scheduled for Aug. 9-11 in Anaheim, California. Because so many major properties now call the Mouse House home, we expect to hear major announcements pertaining to the future of Pixar, Disney traditional animation, and Star Wars … which already is making a splash courtesy of the “Orange Harvest.”

ComingSoon has the photos of crates on location in Anaheim that are teasing … something Star Wars related. As the site points out, Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi once worked under the subtitle Blue Harvest back in the day, so there’s a thematic continuation at play as J.J. Abrams fires fans up for Episode VII.

Read the full article see the pictures here.

I also noted one of the boxes has the New Jedi Order logo - whatever that could be pointing too...

Thoughts?

There wont be any news. Bob Igor has already come out at D23 and stated that they are "speechless" on any EP7 news.

They could go the route of EP1 where they released the casting news 1 month before filming started. Which would be sometime at the start of next year.

Edited by Girdeux

I saw there's a rumor Ian McDiarmid will be back for Episode 7. Just a rumor and probably will turn out to be false, but I hope it's true. Maybe they'll take some inspiration from Dark Empire. George Lucas did say a long time ago that Dark Empire is the closest thing in the EU to what he would have done for a story after Episode VI.

I saw there's a rumor Ian McDiarmid will be back for Episode 7. Just a rumor and probably will turn out to be false, but I hope it's true. Maybe they'll take some inspiration from Dark Empire. George Lucas did say a long time ago that Dark Empire is the closest thing in the EU to what he would have done for a story after Episode VI.

That would be incredible... He's the best actor in the Prequel...

That would be incredible... He's the best actor in the Prequel...
Agreed on the last part, not sure about the first part. To me the whole idea of Sidious coming back destroys the entire purpose of the Chosen One. Balance is restored for a couple of weeks and then boom the Emperor's back.

Agreed on the last part, not sure about the first part. To me the whole idea of Sidious coming back destroys the entire purpose of the Chosen One. Balance is restored for a couple of weeks and then boom the Emperor's back.

I thought it would be In Holocrons or something....

Actually, come to think of it.... Kenobi/Ewan Mcgregor is one of the Best, along with Mcdiarmid... He mimicked the Original actor perfectly, he was very good...

I thought it would be In Holocrons or something....

Actually, come to think of it.... Kenobi/Ewan Mcgregor is one of the Best, along with Mcdiarmid... He mimicked the Original actor perfectly, he was very good...

I suppose that could work.

And yeah, Ewan was great too, I like Ian the best but Ewan did a great job with Kenobi.

I used to not like the Dark Empire comics, but I think it's only natural Palpatine should overcome his death. I don't really think it takes anything away from the Chosen One, because his first death shatters the Empire and DOES restore balance, and allows the Jedi/Republic to gain strength. I forget how many years Dark Empire takes place after Episode VI, but I think it's at least 10. Maybe more.

EDIT: Nvm, it's only 6 years after Episode VI.

Edited by JediArchives

I used to not like the Dark Empire comics, but I think it's only natural Palpatine should overcome his death. I don't really think it takes anything away from the Chosen One, because his first death shatters the Empire and DOES restore balance, and allows the Jedi/Republic to gain strength. I forget how many years Dark Empire takes place after Episode VI, but I think it's at least 10. Maybe more.

EDIT: Nvm, it's only 6 years after Episode VI.

Well yes, from a lore perspective, it does make sense. But from the perspective of the themes etc. it rubs me wrong. 6 years of balance kinda sucks. I mean some prophecy.

Sure Sidious was the last real, major Sith Lord. But still. I would have at least made the gap several decades.

Well yes, from a lore perspective, it does make sense. But from the perspective of the themes etc. it rubs me wrong. 6 years of balance kinda sucks. I mean some prophecy.

Sure Sidious was the last real, major Sith Lord. But still. I would have at least made the gap several decades.

Yeah I can agree to all that. For some reason I was thinking it was at least a decade, but nope.