[Czerka Core Meltdown] The Vigilant SM becomes enraged

Alright, let me start off by saying I'm not sure this is a bug. That's why I'm posting this here.

My fiance and I have been running the new flashpoints, [Group 2+] Czerka Corporate Labs and [Group 2+] Czerka Core Meltdown since 2.3 went live, favoring Story Mode as we don't have to group up with random people.

Immortal Jugg, using Basic and Arkanian Mods; Level 53 crafted earpiece.

Bodyguard Merc, using Basic and Arkanian Mods; Level 53 crafted earpiece.

Mako, using Rakata and Campaign Mods; Level 53 earpiece dropped from CCL.

HK, using Rakata and Campaign Mods; Level 53 crafted earpiece.

Prior to today, we never had issues with Story Modes - we steamrolled them.

However, upon reaching The Vigilant in Story Mode, we encountered an issue that has caused us to immediately wipe twice so far. Upon destroying the Data Integration Points, The Vigilant becomes enraged, making this Group 2+ flashpoint impossible to do with two people.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I would just like to know if it isn't a bug, how long The Vigilant's enrage timer is?

EDIT/UPDATE: Upon doing some digging, we realized there was a patch that didn't download upon booting the client today. We are updating now, and will see if that solves the issue.

EDIT/UPDATE #2: Patching resolved the issue, it looks like. Upon fighting The Vigilant again, he didn't enrage until he was down to about ten percent health. We broadcasted this fight on Twitch, and it can be found Here.

Edited by ElaineSpencer

Upon destroying the Data Integration Points, The Vigilant becomes enraged, making this Group 2+ flashpoint impossible to do with two people.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I would just like to know if it isn't a bug, how long The Vigilant's enrage timer is?.

As far as I know there are no enrage timers on story mode. I (and many others) have soloed that flashpoint in SM and never encountered such a problem. I suspect either you were in HM by mistake or it was indeed a bug.

If you stay away from him when he is preparing his cleaving attack, you'll be fine even with an enrage. The remaining part of his damage is pretty bad.

With my Shadow tank (Campaign gear) each time I tried to solo him, he enraged and I fail with him at ~50% but only because I manage to screw and take his AoE in the face (at least 40% of HP in one hit). I should also mention that my Companion do not last after the third "perched datacore" (Zenith or HK). I use a medpack.

Considering that in your group you have a healer, it shouldn't be problem to make the companions survive until the end and heal the damage as long as you avoid the cleaves. I recomand you use Vette instead of HK because it would be pretty bad for HK if he stand in the cleave. I don't know if he has particular mechanics to get rid of other players than the one tanking him.

That's all I can say to this matter.

As far as I know there are no enrage timers on story mode. I (and many others) have soloed that flashpoint in SM and never encountered such a problem. I suspect either you were in HM by mistake or it was indeed a bug.

Like him, when trying to solo him, he has an enrage buff... or something that look alike because I don't have the time to look at the buff as I'm busy enough to avoid his cleaves of death. Considering how he is much more threatening and deadly than other "bosses", I assume it is an enrage.

And I'm sure I'm not mistaking SM and HM because it is clearly written [Group 2+], and I doubt that as Shadow in Campaign gear I could reach the Vigilent alone in HM.

On the PTS, if you took too long killing the cores, he would enrage in SM. I have to ask though -- did all your adds spawn properly during the fight? I ran SM solo a few times (on the PTS) and he enraged the one time I managed to bug out the add spawn.

I believe he does have an enrage timer associated with how fast you kill the cores, happened to me and a guildie, we were using 2 healing comps and saw the enrage, we switched one of the comps for a dps one, and we didnt have a problem

On the PTS, if you took too long killing the cores, he would enrage in SM. I have to ask though -- did all your adds spawn properly during the fight? I ran SM solo a few times (on the PTS) and he enraged the one time I managed to bug out the add spawn.

I think the first time it happened, we did have a group of adds not spawn properly (I dismissed it as a lag spike initially, but it apparently wasn't - at least, according to the fiance). The second time not so much.

As for the patching (I'm going to edit the first post after this reply), he no longer becomes enraged - immediately, anyway. Maybe I never noticed it before, but he still enrages once he gets down to about 10% health.

I think the first time it happened, we did have a group of adds not spawn properly (I dismissed it as a lag spike initially, but it apparently wasn't - at least, according to the fiance). The second time not so much.

As for the patching (I'm going to edit the first post after this reply), he no longer becomes enraged - immediately, anyway. Maybe I never noticed it before, but he still enrages once he gets down to about 10% health.

Huh. 8 minutes seems a little short for SM to run into a timer. I would submit a bug report (if you haven't already)... unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot more that can be done. I've 2-manned the FP a few times since it hit Live and we haven't run into any issues -- I have no idea how long the fights ran, though. Something to keep an eye on I suppose.

I hit enrage first time through on SM, my HK decided he didn't really enjoy shooting cores. Was surprised there was an enrage on SM, didn't think that happened.

Should be fine with two people as long as you dodge mechanics and have healing. I was fine healing through the enrage while solo, though I am more geared.

I tried soloing him with most of my toons. He did enrage on my assassin tank, but he was in a mix of 61/63/69 (about 32k hp) and the comp i had out was the heal wearing mostly his starter gear (about 16k hp). He enraged from the ~5-6th core, but managed to kill him with enrage in my 3rd try. The thing i had to do was to kill the outer cores first due to the fact that after you destroy them you get hit for about 19-20k if he is enraged so my comp always died. The inner ones just spawn the 2 strong adds so there is no problem with them. When i engaged the enraged boss i just popped every legacy ability and every def cd i had and managed to kill him with a97% hp left.

In conclusion, both fps can be soloed easily if you and your comp are about 61/63s at least. More difficult if you or your comp are not that geared

huh... I get adds spawning with every core - outer or inner. its kinda annoying because if I jump down, but my gosh darn companion decides to jump up (BAD BLIZZ), I get line of sight issues, both with adds and with companion and then I cannot go back up and get him compat rezzed and its just a pain.

honestly - the most difficulty I've had with this fight was companion related more then anything else. (if I tell you to attack that core on the bottom, you do NOT jump back up, you attack the core and let the adds come to us. damn it. what good is ability to direct companions if they don't listen to you??)

/deep breath.

enrage can be a bit annoying as well though. very annoying.

one thing I've noticed though is sometimes, vigilant just stands there and he's easy to kill.

other times he goes into a freaking "pull you in and stun you" over and over and over to the point where I don't even have time to use abilities in between being stunned and trying to run away from being stunned again. annoying butthole.

Edited by Jeweledleah

No. he will enrage if you get him down to about 10%. I went in a 4 man group and he picked up the tank and tossed him like a dog toy. We cut him down though.

No. he will enrage if you get him down to about 10%. I went in a 4 man group and he picked up the tank and tossed him like a dog toy. We cut him down though.

pretty sure enrage is timed not percentage based.

depending on which character I soloed him on, he sometimes enraged before I killed all the cores and sometimes around 30% ish.

I think I'm going to start timing it, just to make sure.

honestly, i feel like that fight is bugged :/ some time I get blue circled when killing a core at the top. and sometimes I don't. sometimes I get adds right away. other times they wait until I kill another core and then show up 4 at a time. sometimes I managed to finish off a core and move on to the next before I start getting blue circled, and other times, he starts putting them on me the moment I attack the first core.

and his pull in>stun> AoE sequence that either doesn't happen at all, or happens so often, I literally have no time to do anything else... that just can't be right.

so far i've been been able to successfully solo kill him on hybrid healer/lightning sorc and full healer operative. came somewhat close with hybrid healer/arsenal merc but not close enough. (switched to hybrids, because I wasn't dealing enough damage as full healer, and was taking too much damage as full dps) granted - sorc and operative have better gear than my merc, but still...

Edited by Jeweledleah

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but this is still happening for myself and a friend. We ran this last night with a 25K DPS and a 20K Healer, and could not beat it. As soon as we finished the last core, he would jump to one of us, already enraged. If he chose to jump to my friend (Healer), he would hit him with 22K for an instant kill. If he jumped to me first, I could survive for about 30 seconds by running for my life and hitting the kolto tanks. But he just keeps attacking with those 18K and 22K hits, and that's just impossible to survive from the get go! On our last try (we tried this about 6 times, I think), he even hit me from across the room. I can't imagine this is the intended behavior for SM...

I've watched videos of others beating it, and it doesn't seem he should be enraged from the beginning. Grrr...frustrating.

I know this is an older thread, but this is still happening for myself and a friend. We ran this last night with a 25K DPS and a 20K Healer, and could not beat it. As soon as we finished the last core, he would jump to one of us, already enraged. If he chose to jump to my friend (Healer), he would hit him with 22K for an instant kill. If he jumped to me first, I could survive for about 30 seconds by running for my life and hitting the kolto tanks. But he just keeps attacking with those 18K and 22K hits, and that's just impossible to survive from the get go! On our last try (we tried this about 6 times, I think), he even hit me from across the room. I can't imagine this is the intended behavior for SM...

I've watched videos of others beating it, and it doesn't seem he should be enraged from the beginning. Grrr...frustrating.

Sounds like you are taking too long to kill the cores.