Guild auction/Market

DOHboy

Our guild has recently started holding guild auctions, things that we have collected that have use/value but are no longer useful or don't want to just set on GTN for set price for anyone to purchase. Typically these are items from the CM that we have no use for as an individual but see a demand for that would prefer to give guild mates higher priority on and potentially at a discount from the rather high GTN prices.

would be nice to have a place "display" so they can get an idea of what is going to be offered and preview without taking up lots of time during the auction. This would be similar to having tabs in the Guild Bank visible but no authorization to remove. However, adding multiple tabs in GB is expensive for guilds and takes up valuable space. An alternative would be a guild kiosk similar to the GTN but more of a "silent auction" type where people can list an item and a minimum starting amount (and optionally a maximum) and a duration, and allow people to place bids, and the highest bid is always seen. When time expires, the person who has the highest current bid is the winner.

I thought this was a suggestion for a "guild only" sale on the GTN. Some games allow guild-restricted auctions on their AHs. Adding a "guild only" flag to GTN sales is a good idea, but part of your idea sounds like you want to turn the GTN partly into an auction system. That's not a good idea. Edited by branmakmuffin

No, it would be more have a guild only kiosk that is "auction style" where people can bid on items and pay what they feel what it is worth to them. This would be typically below the "avg or min" price on the GTN. If it happens to go over the avg gtn price but the money is going to stay within the guild even better. This would be totally separate from the GTN.

It allows guilds to distribute items outside the GB ( "free to take") and make some money on items that could be sold on the GTN and even with a "guild only" flag however you are only able to pay what someone else feels it is worth (i.e the price i set it for).

No, it would be more have a guild only kiosk that is "auction style" where people can bid on items and pay what they feel what it is worth to them. This would be typically below the "avg or min" price on the GTN. If it happens to go over the avg gtn price but the money is going to stay within the guild even better. This would be totally separate from the GTN.

You're talking about a totally separate selling system. That's a lot of work for very little gain.

It allows guilds to distribute items outside the GB ( "free to take") and make some money on items that could be sold on the GTN and even with a "guild only" flag however you are only able to pay what someone else feels it is worth (i.e the price i set it for).

In LotRO, which has a "guild only" option in its auction house, people almost always post stuff for guildies at bargain basement prices.

You're talking about a totally separate selling system. That's a lot of work for very little gain.

In LotRO, which has a "guild only" option in its auction house, people almost always post stuff for guildies at bargain basement prices.

it really would be similar to adding in a new "guild bank" since really half of what i'm proposing is just a way to window shop. There are two points that are working here. 1) it gives members the opportunity for cheap items 2) it maximizes the guilds return by encouraging competition and teh auction mentality. Yes its easier to sell simple things on the GTN for reduced prices (mats, crafted items, etc.) but when you have a luxury skiff that is maybe 1:1000 that people would be willing to pay good money for, but only approaching the GTN prices this allows the guild to maximize their return for special items. Maybe nobody does this and I'm just blowing smoke. But the two auctions we've had have gone over super well, raised somewhere in the order of 8-10million credits in just a few hours for the guild. It encourages participation, and makes the guild more sustainable.