Server instability

Odium_Hector

Has anyone been having problems with staying connected to this server? I've been getting an ever increasing amount of lag over the last few weeks. Now, I'm trying to complete the last part of my Jedi Knight class quest (after Corellia), and I keep getting booted to the server list screen every 5-10 minutes! It's getting extremely frustrating! I've already changed all of my graphics settings to the lowest they can be, but nothing helps. Is anyone else noticing this?

I lost count after about 10 disconnects that day. What pisses me off is that I tend to get lag the most when I'm in combat. Driving around occasionally gives me lag for a minute or 2 where I just sit there until the connection catches up, but combat is what kicks me out. Does anyone know of any solutions?

Last week, I got an Ethernet cable to connect my computer that way instead of with Wi-Fi, and that still hasn't solved the lag issue! So it's not a problem with my Internet connection.

All switching to an Ethernet cable does is rule out that it's not the connectivity from your computer to your modem; that doesn't mean it's not your Internet connection, because it could be your modem, your modem's connectivity to your ISP, or your ISP's connectivity to the SWTOR servers in addition to the possibility that it's the server.

I had issues with staying connected on CZ-198 last night. I was disconnected 4 times before I was able to complete the quests. That's never happened before.

I have a friend of mine who said she frequently gets red Xs and poor connectivity in CZ-198. Hmm.

----

I'm on AT&T DSL and still seeing latency spikes navigating the rest of the galaxy and occasional red Xs but no overt disconnects.

Edited by AlixMV

Do you have any advice on how I can test my Internet connection and modem to see if it's a problem with that instead of with the server? I'm still constantly getting red Xs on the connectivity designator of my HUD. It's not in specific locations of the game. It's all over the place. This morning, I was immediately getting red Xs every single time I logged into 1 of my toons on the Imperial Fleet. And because I couldn't properly log out of her, I couldn't log into any of my other toons.

Also, the Internet works fine with everything else on my computer.

All switching to an Ethernet cable does is rule out that it's not the connectivity from your computer to your modem; that doesn't mean it's not your Internet connection, because it could be your modem, your modem's connectivity to your ISP, or your ISP's connectivity to the SWTOR servers in addition to the possibility that it's the server.

I have a friend of mine who said she frequently gets red Xs and poor connectivity in CZ-198. Hmm.

----

I'm on AT&T DSL and still seeing latency spikes navigating the rest of the galaxy and occasional red Xs but no overt disconnects.