Imperial Highschool Drop Out spec.

Majspuffen

Hiya.

This is a hybrid I've been playing over the past few days, and to my surprise I think it's working rather nice. So I thought I'd share it! The skeleton of the spec is having at least 28 points into lethality and 18 points into concealment. You should get lingering toxins from lethality and pin down and ghost from concealment.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/operative/14/?build=000000000000000000000000000000002310212220000201000000000000000000322021012220210122001000000000&ver=20

The gameplay:

First of all, I do not think that this spec is RWZ-worthy. This is a spec that is more suited for lone-wolfy types in regular Warzones. The damage potential of this spec is lower than Lethality and Concealment, but the spec makes up for it by having a lot better mobility and utiltity. Never understimate a 2s root, it can be game changing for huttball! It can buy you just enough time your team needs to cap an objective. Or it can buy yourself time as you kite your enemies to death, where most of the fun in the spec lies.

For 1v1s I feel that this spec is better than full Lethality. As for Concealment, I can't say. My experience with concealment is very limited, as I've never really liked the rogue archetype-y spec. I do believe that it is more flexible, however, having more tools to use outside melee range and not relying so much on hidden strike.

As for the name... I feel pretty bad, personally, having to give up on the "Imperial Education" talent. You can place 2 points in it, but you can't ever finish the education ;) as such, the spec is called "Imperial Highschool Drop Out".

Edited by Majspuffen

I'm going to give you a cookie for the hilarious name, but I honestly think that I would do better as full lethality, even without being able to kite as effectively.

I'll agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't want to run Lethality without Fatality (and by extension, Weakening Blast since there is little reason not to take it when you're that deep into the tree already) however. The burst damage from popping up to 5 Culls in 6 GCDs (or 4 Culls in 4 GCDs) is what makes the spec good in my opinion.

I'll agree with this. Personally, I wouldn't want to run Lethality without Fatality (and by extension, Weakening Blast since there is little reason not to take it when you're that deep into the tree already) however. The burst damage from popping up to 5 Culls in 6 GCDs (or 4 Culls in 4 GCDs) is what makes the spec good in my opinion.

I hear ya. This spec is more akin to the old Lethality, being restricted to two culls (well, 3 with Stim Boost). Main reason I prefer it is for the extra mobility and the 2s root from Sever Tendon. I used to be a fan of the old Madness Assassin spec but that thing doesn't have any teeth anymore. This spec does, although less sharp than full concealment and lethality.

I guess the spec's main strength is in the mobility. :)

Edited by Majspuffen

• 2 weeks later...
Why do people have such a hardon for the most boring tree in the game?.....Is it the corrosive grenade...it is...isn't it?

Well, if you were to ask me, personally, I just prefer lethality because of flexibility. Concealment seems to rely on the stealth opener + using your hard stun offensively + getting behind a target to backstab. With Lethality, no stealth? No problem. In front of your opponent? Dot them up.

• 2 weeks later...
This, Cull is an incredibly satisfying ability (though the Gunslinger version of Wounding Shots is even better, my faviourite ability sound effect in the game by far). The lack of stealth reliance is nice, too.

Agreed. I don't like concealment at all. Your rifle is a stat stick and you walk around stabbing Jedi and Sith with knives while they poke you with lightsabers. Lethality has a more fun playstyle and way better animations.

Agreed. I don't like concealment at all. Your rifle is a stat stick and you walk around stabbing Jedi and Sith with knives while they poke you with lightsabers. Lethality has a more fun playstyle and way better animations.

:( I really like my Concealment Op, but it is pretty lame that we're stuck with Blaster Rifles but get Blaster Pistols in cut scenes and our "customizable" weapon is mainly a stat stick...would be nice if BW put in custom animations for various vibroknives. Very few (zero that I've found so far) Blaster Rifles look cool & don't clip trenchcoats.