PvP LvL Brackets

JediDuckling

its really simple, if you don't like how it is setup then get to 50, i think its fair if some people took the time to do quest and pvp at same time to get to 50 to boast the abilities they have unlocked with gear...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its really simple, if you don't like how it is setup then get to 50, i think its fair if some people took the time to do quest and pvp at same time to get to 50 to boast the abilities they have unlocked with gear...

Really, is that you're only answer? Maybe some of us aren't hardcore players like you, and don't feel the need to rush to 50, and just want to enjoy the game while slowly progressing levels.

I won't explain Bolster to you then, and I also won't remind you this is not Warcraft, and this game was not intended to be like "other mmo's".

I also won't get into a discussion on how team work trumps levels and gear in a Bolster system.

I will show myself to the door *Opens Door, walks out and and slams it hard*

Don't get me started.

Do you know how much health has a 50 with just 2-3 epics ?

15k.

When you are bolstered you get lvl 45 blue stats. That's all you get.

oh and one more thing. Guys saying u like the challsnge of the bolstersystem, what will u do at 50? when 50% of the ppl u fight are below 30? No damn challange anymore... So what then?

lmao your makeing the that troll look even more foolish keep it up :p

we all know the warzone pvp system needs to be lvl bracketed :o

The bolster system has worked in other games and is working in this one. It also makes twinking useless, which usually causes as much or more grief through out a new player's journey through multiple pvp brackets. So a lvl 10 can't beat a 50 or doesn't give much benefit to a team? That's ok, the other side has them too, get over it.

The team working on pvp has used this system in multiple games and will be keeping it, adapt like a good gamer or move on.

If they were to ever introduce bracket's (don't count on it no matter how much ************ you guys do), then they to would be bolstered bracket's. 1-24, 24-49 and 50....or something like that. I hope they don't implement this, then you guys might have to find something else to ***** about.

Edited by Calihad

the whole point of being lvl 50 is to fight players around your lvl with around the same gear and abilitys as you.

fighting lvl 10's with 2 abilitys is kinda a slaughter

The bolster system has worked in other games and is working in this one. It also makes twinking useless, which usually causes as much or more grief through out a new player's journey through multiple pvp brackets. So a lvl 10 can't beat a 50 or doesn't give much benefit to a team? That's ok, the other side has them too, get over it.

The team working on pvp has used this system in multiple games and will be keeping it, adapt like a good gamer or move on.

If they were to ever introduce bracket's (don't count on it no matter how much ************ you guys do), then they to would be bolstered bracket's. 1-24, 24-49 and 50....or something like that. I hope they don't implement this, then you guys might have to find something else to ***** about.

no its not working in this one at all. its bad enough i lack abilitys i have to group up with 3 other low ranks to kill 1 50.

warzones need to be lvl bracketed end of discussion

amazingly its not really that unbalanced

the only time i had a problem was when i was fighting this full pvp geared out lvl 44 but even then i was able to put up a good fight against him

stop qqing you got ownd by a higher lvl player

if you outskilled him and still lost you probably wouldnt be mad.

Edited by mondose

shows you how much you know about the game then doesnt it.

you get like 2 or 3 abilitys at that lvl lol

and yes lvl brackets need adding in warzones

all agree yep we do :)

Soo level 1-10 you only have 2 ability's, interesting..

Edited by Caeliux

While I agree that a level bracket system, even if it's optional, would be nice, I must admit it isn't entirely necessary. I was just one of the better players in a Civil War WZ with a level 11 trooper, without even an Advanced Class. (Forgot to train him before I went in.) Yeah, it was teamwork, I had a few pretty good healers next to me, which is how I got that massive DPS, but one on one I was doomed, even if I snuck up on an enemy. Again, you can say I need to learn to play or whatever, but the facts and experience don't lie without some falsifying. Just had to add my two cents.

Ive said this countless times now. That ''unfair'' excuse can be used for every feature in the game!

Being matched against unfair odds in online games is nothing new.

Not to mention it defeats the whole purpose of even having gear/stats/levels. No progression means nothing to strive for which is a killer for any MMO.

Edited by Hydrott

While I agree that a level bracket system, even if it's optional, would be nice, I must admit it isn't entirely necessary. I was just one of the better players in a Civil War WZ with a level 11 trooper, without even an Advanced Class. (Forgot to train him before I went in.) Yeah, it was teamwork, I had a few pretty good healers next to me, which is how I got that massive DPS, but one on one I was doomed, even if I snuck up on an enemy. Again, you can say I need to learn to play or whatever, but the facts and experience don't lie without some falsifying. Just had to add my two cents.

thats why if you are being spammed with healers it dont matter what lvl you are.

but the pvp warzone lvl brackets need implamenting still to make it balanced and fair for everyone.

10-25 25-39 40-50 <--- tweaked it a little for the lvl 40 gear

Ive said this countless times now. That ''unfair'' excuse can be used for every feature in the game!

Being matched against unfair odds in online games is nothing new.

Not to mention it defeats the whole purpose of even having gear/stats/levels. No progression means nothing to strive for which is a killer for any MMO.

yes but being slapped against player that are full specced geared through there teeth and have all there abilitys is massivly unfair specialy how the lvl 10 only gets bolsterd to around lvl 45 with blues.

thats still unfair.

like i keep saying lvl brackets in warzones must be added

PvP warfronts need LvL brackets.

of 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-50

i know joining warfronts increase's your stats but its realy unbalanced and there is a problem as putting a lvl 11 again a lvl 35 that has better gear and more points to add to there specs which a lower rank will not have makeing him an easy kill easy target.

pvp warfront lvl brackets needs implamenting fast

other than that and bounty hunter being majorly OP pvp is fine

Should I point out how many times I've topped medals, damage, healing or other quantifiers at level 15 in groups with level 30, 40 or even 50s? Or how I can still defend a node or get kills at lower levels?

Is it unbalanced? Yeah, of course, but it's not so unbalanced that I don't feel I'm gonna be one shot or can't do anything- I've capped huttballs, I've stopped ball handlers. Frankly, even with a 30 level difference I feel more balanced than I do in WoW where everyone's the same level... but gear makes such a massive difference a new 85 is like a gnat to an old one.

TL:DR- this isn't WoW, it doesn't need WoW's brackets.

yes but being slapped against player that are full specced geared through there teeth and have all there abilitys is massivly unfair specialy how the lvl 10 only gets bolsterd to around lvl 45 with blues.

thats still unfair.

like i keep saying lvl brackets in warzones must be added

How many times do people have to lay it out for you before you understand? YOU want 100% fair play which defeats the whole purpose of BIoware just having spend YEARS designing gear/stats/leveling content.

Things SHOULD be unfair, you SHOULD have something to strive for. Why do you think they are making you pay a monthly fee for the game? You should not expect to log in the first day you get the game and start ''owningitup''.

THis isnt kindergarden, dont run to Bioware at the first sign of trouble.

Edited by Hydrott

Bolstering is fine brackets are a dumb idea and are exploited in other games!

No brackets in this game except for possibly all 50s ;)

the warzone bolster system is being heavily exploited right now. alot of new players and pvp is fun so loads of low lvl's are joining. the lvl 50's are just rubbing there nuts on the lower lvl's specialy the bounty hunter and sith warriors im getting hit for 3k to 6k from them like 2 times a second.

so your wrong the bolster system is being exploited and lvl brackets do need adding

How many times do people have to lay it out for you before you understand? YOU want 100% fair play which defeats the whole purpose of BIoware just having spend YEARS designing gear/stats/leveling content.

Things SHOULD be unfair, you SHOULD have something to strive for. Why do you think they are making you pay a monthly fee for the game? You should not expect to log in the first day you get the game and start ''owningitup''.

THis isnt kindergarden, dont run to Bioware at the first sign of trouble.

they spent years of development to not see how bolstering a low rank to the equivulent of a lvl 45 is not fair and needs addressing.

i pay monthly for this game to have fun not to be a free kill for a higher rank or a flavor of the month higher rank class.

so by adding lvl brackets would balance warzones out as well as make it fair and fun for everyone else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.