Rested XP is not quite double, is it?

Graesholt

I resumed playing a few weeks back, and in all the hours I’ve spent in a galaxy far, far away, my rested XP has not yet depleted.

I found this odd, as it has always been between 100.000 and 200.000 XP, even though I sometimes put several levels in a day.

Thus I have conducted and experiment:

I monitored the start and finish values of my XP and my rested XP while, by help of the groupfinder, completing the flashpoint ‘Maelstrom Prison’, thus determining if it really doubled the amount.

My findings were less than satisfactory:

(I would have absolutely adored putting these in a more manageable diagram, but I fear the forum structure does not allow it)

Observation 1:

XP gained: 90750

Rested XP depleted: 13496 (14.9% of gained XP)

Observation 2:

XP gained: 99131

Rested XP depleted: 16855 (17%)

Observation 3:

XP gained: 89896

Rested XP depleted: 12737 (14.2%)

Observation 4:

XP gained: 80347

Rested XP depleted: 14529 (18.1%)

Observation 5:

XP gained: 63249

Rested XP depleted: 13848 (21.9%)

So…

It’s not really double XP, now is it?

More like kind of sort of almost nearly close to +20% XP…

I’m not trying to be a moron about it; maybe there’s just something I don’t understand. That’s why I’m asking here.

What is the deal?

Is this a bug or have I understood the system wrong?

All I know is that it says:

“you are in a rested state. While in a rested state you gain double XP. You can get into a rested state by logging out of the game in a cantina.”

In my book, double XP means that you gain double the XP, and as it doesn’t specify from what, I must assume from everything (quests, mobs, etc.), but as I don’t gain double XP, I must assume I’m doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Rested XP is only consumed by mob kills.

Really?

Then it truly seems misleading that they call it double XP.

It seems they might just as easily have written: double XP from creatures/mobs...

Thanks for your swift reply :)

Really?

It seems they might just as easily have written: double XP from creatures/mobs...

But that's just it...it is not called "Double XP," it is called "Rested XP."

Now Double XP weekends are a different story. Double XP weekends do double all XP gains. But double XP weekends and rested XP do not stack.

Really?

and what is rested xp as far as i am aware i dont get it and i decided to ask it here as i already have made way to many posts with quastions

how mutch do you get wwith rested xp as i dont understand at all ?

and what is rested xp as far as i am aware i dont get it and i decided to ask it here as i already have made way to many posts with quastions

While you have rested xp, you gain double the xp from mob kills

You earn Rested XP when you are in a rest area -- most Cantinas; your ship; or Fleet. You also earn Rested XP when you log off. My understanding is that you earn Rested XP faster when you log off in a rest area, although you still gain Rested XP regardless of where your character is when you log off.

You know that you have Rested XP when your Experience Points (XP) bar is green.

If you mouse-over your XP bar when it is green, it will show how much Rested XP you have in the XP pop-up box.

The maximum amount of Rested XP you can gain at one time is equal to the XP number required to complete your character's current level. For example, if your character is at level 32, and you need 370,000 XP (just an example, as I don't remember the exact amount) to move to level 33, the maximum number of rested XP you can earn is 370,000.

The maximum amount of Rested XP you can earn is equal to the total number of XP required for your character's current level, regardless of how much XP you've already earned. Using the same example, if you've already earned 250,000 XP towards the 370,000 needed to move to the next level, you can still earn up to 370,000 Rested XP.