Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tank PvP gear.

Hockaday

I still use dps gear. I often node guard, and the only class that really gives me trouble is deception assassins. Otherwise it's just as easy to call for back up or 1 vs 1 people.

Putting a guard on a healer though really helps (if you're in the midst of a fight) as you can dish out decent DPS while keeping your team alive.

Depending on what you do during the game, you can get about 100-500k dps. The obvious dps crits aren't there, but you trade burst in for survivability.

Hrm, could help me 1v1 people and the like. Which is really my weakness, when fighting a good or at least decently geared toon. Though, I'm in basically all PvE gear at the moment. But even in all PvE (or PvP pre 2.0) Tank gear, I could do 300-500k damage. With 300-500k+ (depends on who i'm with and against) protection. I guess the question is, is it worth the trade off of potentially higher damage, for potentially lower Mitigation.

My last two Battles I've done 400k damage with 300k guarding. Blah...if only I weren't so stingy I'd test it myself.

Get 2x 2set. DPS 4set is kinda meh for darkness and so is the tanking one.

The 4 set is better than the dps 2 set for tanks. But I was wondering about stats. Since pre 2.0 Tanks used dps gear.

Edited by Hockaday

The 4 set is better than the dps 2 set for tanks. But I was wondering about stats. Since pre 2.0 Tanks used dps gear.

Only if you care about doing damage.., longer range on interrupt and slow can be used defensively.

Only if you care about doing damage.., longer range on interrupt and slow can be used defensively.

Eh, the longer range interrupt I think is limited. I find very, very few situations that I'm actually in that would need it. I tend to keep melee range on everything. Even ranged. Though I could see it. But still, not what I'm concerned with hehe.

So besides the meh set bonus, do tanks run tank PvP gear, or still dps gear like pre 2.0? Thanks.

If you want to tank...as in be the tankiest you can and be an extra HP cushion for your healers you'll want tank gear. Plain and simple.

If you want to be a sub-par dps and a mediocre tank...Go for dps gear.

If you want to tank...as in be the tankiest you can and be an extra HP cushion for your healers you'll want tank gear. Plain and simple.

You only really want to be the latter in voidstar defense and perhaps AhG though. I recommend running dps gear in huttballs.

What I thought. It's nice that Sin mitigation works in pvp now.

If you're node guarding consider this. In DPS gear you have a much better chance of winning 1v1s, but it is rare that the enemy sends only one person to try to take a node. With tank gear you can stall the enemy for even longer, and in ranked is sometimes the difference between losing your node or not. I know some people will say that you can stall for awhile using stealth/sap tactics, but in ranked the enemy sometimes sends 4 at one time to your node while they have 1 person use AoE slows on your team the entire way. With this many people, you would have to engage into combat to prevent them all from capping and hold your own for awhile(Especially Novare Coast.)

The purpose of node guarding is to stall the enemy for as long as possible, tank gear helps you survive longer to stall the enemy for as long as possible.

It is best to have both gear sets in ranked, but if I wanted to DPS I'd wear DPS gear. If I wanted to tank I'd wear tank gear, personally.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Actually, good players will always go to your node alone. The enemy shadow will come to you to draw attention from the middle. And if the shadow is good, he's going to rape you even in tanking gear.

Anytime a shadow has come to attack me at my node, it usually means that the enemy team is in a dire situation. So much so, that they take the shadow off of their node and leave it undefended while the other 7 enemies stay where they were. In this situation I don't win the 1v1 against the assassin because I am in tank gear. However, it takes the Shadow 2-3 mins at least to kill me, and by that time my team has already sent someone to the node they left undefended and either...

A: Taken the node.

B: Forced the enemy assassin that was attacking me to use Force Shroud/Force Cloak and retreat back to his undefended node to stop my teammate from capping.

This has been the case in pretty much every ranked match I have played. There have been very rare times(I guess?) When 1 sin comes to attack me and they send someone else to go defend their node. In those cases they are down a person in middle, and my team can still send someone to help me anyways making it 6v6 in middle. Very rarely do I find I'd of been better off in DPS gear node guarding.

Anytime a shadow has come to attack me at my node, it usually means that the enemy team is in a dire situation. So much so, that they take the shadow off of their node and leave it undefended while the other 7 enemies stay where they were. In this situation I don't win the 1v1 against the assassin because I am in tank gear. However, it takes the Shadow 2-3 mins at least to kill me, and by that time my team has already sent someone to the node they left undefended and either...

A: Taken the node.

B: Forced the enemy assassin that was attacking me to use Force Shroud/Force Cloak and retreat back to his undefended node to stop my teammate from capping.

This has been the case in pretty much every ranked match I have played. There have been very rare times(I guess?) When 1 sin comes to attack me and they send someone else to go defend their node. In those cases they are down a person in middle, and my team can still send someone to help me anyways making it 6v6 in middle. Very rarely do I find I'd of been better off in DPS gear node guarding.

One of our team goes after the person of your team going to our node. The sin attacking you happily keeps on doing so. You're still 1 down in the middle and you're going to lose your node if you don't get help quickly.

Edited by Evolixe

One of our team goes after the person of your team going to our node. The sin attacking you happily keeps on doing so. You're still 1 down in the middle.

And if that teammate of mine who goes over there happens to have a vanish of their own? Or a force camo? What then? How are you stopping them from getting over there? I'll say again, I've played ranked here on Pot5 vs pretty much all the ranked teams, and the case you are describing has never happened once.

I'm not even theorycrafting here. I'm speaking of what HAS happened in ranked.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

And if that teammate of mine who goes over there happens to have a vanish of their own? Or a force camo? What then? How are you stopping them from getting over there? I'll say again, I've played ranked here on Pot5 vs pretty much all the ranked teams, and the case you are describing has never happened once.

I'm not even theorycrafting here. I'm speaking of what HAS happened in ranked.

You must be really stupid not to notice someone leaving the middle even with permanent stealth.

Excuse me.. my language, but seriously this is basic stuff.

I tell my team, as soon as I show myself to whoever is guarding the enemy node. Anyone switching will quickly be identified by their behaviour. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Evolixe

You must be really stupid not to notice someone leaving the middle even with permanent stealth.

Excuse me.. my language, but seriously this is basic stuff.

I tell my team, as soon as I show myself to whoever is guarding the enemy node. Anyone switching will quickly be identified by their behaviour. It's not rocket science.

Tl;dr at the very bottom of the post for the other readers.

Lol, I forgot, you're the forum warrior who's extremely arrogant and thinks he's always right. You're right then, I must be wrong, these experiences that I am telling you happened in ranked surely did not happen. Fact is, these enemy ranked teams do indeed sometimes notice that someone has left the fight. When this happens, they usually send their sin back to their node to stop my teammate from capping. If by chance they send someone else though, and my team calls out that someone from the enemy team has left the middle, well then my teammate can help me, can't they?

Once they do that, it is still 6v6 in the middle because the enemy sent one of their people from middle to try to find my stealther teammate and stop them from capping, when in fact my team knows they took a person out of middle to defend their node. The person attacking me at my node will call that my teammate came to help me and is not capping their node, in which case that person who went to intercept will proceed to go back to the fight, and by this time the enemy at my node is killed because I have received help.

This is my final post on this so listen, I'll say it again, I've played ranked against pretty much every team on Pot5 multiple times by this point, the scenario you speak of has never happened, where I've purely had to win a 1v1 against someone at my node. If 4 people came to my node at once in Novare Coast while 1 person is slowing my team(Which HAS happened). I have to engage in combat eventually(there is only enough force to CC 3 people really.) With DPS gear I'll die probably twice as fast than if I had tank gear on, and would most likely lose the node.

I forgot that everyone who disagrees with you is "really stupid", and that in your mind you 100% can not be wrong about anything(I've read your posts on other threads). That is why this is my final post on the matter. I will debate with people who are willing to consider another's point of view, which obviously you are not willing to do. In all reality I should've known better than to start a debate with someone like you who thinks they are always correct.

tl;dr: I've said everything I've needed to say on this matter, so the other readers here, please consider what it is I have said here, if you disagree that is fine. However, I will say this one last time.

Node guarding is about stalling and not winning 1v1s.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

That can only be done if the person coming to help you has permanent stealth. In which case you either have your operative healer leave your team (Means it's christmas for my team) or you play with 2 assassins.

Which could be, but far from most teams do this. So this tactic pretty much always works.

Even in this case though, it's still not a disadvantage for my team. And less people present means less people to kill means a higher chance of capping the node. It's a win/win for me either way mate.

What if my teammate goes back and I stall YOUR teammate from going back? Huh?

This wouldn't be posseble if you were in dps gear because I'd actually be in danger by the time your teammate arrives. But since you're a tank anyway.. I won't possebly be anywhere near death.

Triple win situation for me.

I havn't lost a single node to another team in 3 months and I defend with dps gear.

Edited by Evolixe

Evolixe, take some advice... Zabuza actually knows what he's talking about versus the top teams on our server.

So do I, against the top teams on my server.

Unless you have a good argument against me, I guess we're done talking here.

Edited by Evolixe

If that's the case then do not speak as an absolute, especially when your server is not noted as *the* particular PvP server in comparison to POT5 and Bastion. You're leveling on our server, you'll understand soon enough.

If that's the case then do not speak as an absolute, especially when your server is not noted as *the* particular PvP server in comparison to POT5 and Bastion. You're leveling on our server, you'll understand soon enough.

It is the EU PvP server, what are you talking about?

Unless you have a good argument against me, I guess we're done talking here.

Dude... either your server is horrible or you have no clue what you are talking about or youre just bad. I dont think anyone on these forums actually listen to a word you have to say.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.