The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Instant 50 or 55

Broskeet

Please help me devs, you are my only hope.

I would love to have the opportunity to jump into 55s pvp on several of my toons.

I know people will argue that it would put a lot of players to a lvl where they don't know how to play or use their abilities, but it should be left up to the players to decide whether they want to grind toons for hundreds of hours or jump into the 50s content. Currently I have about 4 lvl 55s, but I would really like to play the other 4 advanced classes as well, but unfortunately I don't have time to grind out all those hours again and hiring people to do it for you is against your policy, so...it's a though time.:(

You could make some requirements

-Have legacy lvl 50

-Maybe have 1 lvl 55 of the advanced class either imp/reb

I know countless of players who pvp but can't get their toons to 55 simply because they can't be bothered with PVE content.

2.4 is(supposedly) about PVP, so make it happen. Give extremely huge Warzone boosts and/or the option to instant 50-55.

This isn't a hate thread, so please keep your malicious comments to someone else. I'm simply expressing the idea of some of the PVPers.

Not to mention when Guilds try to form ranked, there is always a class missing, but our players didn't have that class at lvl 55.

PvP is by far the least appealing part of the game to me, I dont see why such a thing should be done for the sake of PvP, something half the players probably never or rarely participates in.

Perhaps classes you have already finished the story with could level faster the second time though.

It would be nice, but as others have said in the other countless numbers of threads revolving around this topic, there needs to be restrictions, or requirements.

Real quickly, I would like it because I'm an altohalic, I can't stay with one character. I need to be constantly switching my play styles, and it's a pain in the *** right now leveling all of my 11 non 50+ characters.

The specs/classes are not hard to understand/learn. I know there are Mercs running around at lvl 55 in SW gear, having Combat Cylinder activated while in the Pyro tree, but those are the ones who are beyond help, and most likely wont be taking part in this service. Others though, will be just fine. Especially is there were requirements set, maybe a certain LL, or a have a number of characters at 50/55. This would ensure that one has gone through the leveling process, and should understand the basics of roles, rotations, and gear.

I personally think that the boost, if implemented, should only take you up to 50. This way you can hopefully learn your class a little, having nearly all of your skills, and at the least, have your rotation ready right away. Then you can learn the class better while leveling 50-55.

In the end though, it would be nice if it were added, but I wont be upset if it wasn't. Would make my play style a lot easier, and the biggest concern for the company, would make them money. But I also completely understand all of the arguments against it.

Yes, since 95% of the time we hear the pve players opinion who only pve and not actually PVP (rateds is actually pvp not queue your 4 pre-made in a reg)

Let me tell you a real shocker you PVE heroes, you are not alone in this game. :eek:

Edited by Broskeet

Guild Wars 1 had a good system where you could create a character specifically for PVP. He or she would be top level, with access to all the skills that you'd previously unlocked through PVE, but he could only be used in PVP arenas with other players who'd created PVP characters. That allows PVP'ers to have top-level characters without any chance of impacting the PVE aspects of the game or balance of PVP. Something similar in TOR would be good, and would allow PVP'ers to enjoy high-level PVP without spending countless hours levelling, but just adding the option to level a PVE character to 50 or 55 would be a terrible idea, and not just for people who want to enjoy the game the 'proper' way and level normally. Think of all the credits you spend on unlocking skills and getting improved gear over the course of the game: hundreds of thousands of credits that you'd have to spend all at once to even come close to being competitive in PVP :rolleyes:

People really have to think things through before making suggestions like this ;)

Edit: Also, Legacy Level 50 as a requirement? I have 3 lvl 55 characters and 4 more over 50, and my Legacy is only 48. By the time your Legacy is at 50, you don't need to speed-level characters because you've already got all classes at max level, unless you're actually planning on using all 16 advanced classes, which seems unlikely :D

Edited by Shadowcaper

to me, endgame pvp is the worst thing of the game because its gear based and not skill based.

In the end, I'd rather play jedi academy instead if I want to swing lightsabers in PvP.

You progress in an MMO through gearing. How about BW adds a PvE bolster to FPs and Operations? Now wouldn't that be dandy?

:rolleyes:

Edited by MrJurgens

Obvious troll are obvious... Or OP is just another PVP nerd.

You come to play a MMORPG game.

If you want perfect PVP - go play fightings. There will be no high level. And you will not need super gear. Only your own skills.

Or like the other post was suggesting - play Jedi Academy.

Edited by Kingsbount

Level boost to 50 would be a great item and a solid money maker for them. It would let you skip all the boring fluff up to Makeb, and you would just have to do the final 5 levels and whatever gear grind you feel up to.

Legacy 50 is pointless for this though. I have two level 55s, three level 50s, and two toons in the mid twenties, and I'm only barely at Legacy 35. I do not grind dailies or "elder game" stuff, but spend most of my time leveling alts and crafting. The people most likely to buy this are those to like to level lots of alts, and making it Legacy 50 would mean they can't get it until the point where they no longer need it.

Just gate it to require that you have at least one level 55 character on each faction. That is enough to ensure that you have already seen what there is to see in terms of leveling content, and you know what you're skipping if you use a level boost on any future alts.

You progress in an MMO through gearing. How about BW adds a PvE bolster to FPs and Operations? Now wouldn't that be dandy?

:rolleyes:

My experiance with ops and flashpoints doesn't get harder when more people have verpine gear.

that's why bolster exists and thats why you can't compare it to PVP.

Guild Wars 1 had a good system where you could create a character specifically for PVP. He or she would be top level, with access to all the skills that you'd previously unlocked through PVE, but he could only be used in PVP arenas with other players who'd created PVP characters. That allows PVP'ers to have top-level characters without any chance of impacting the PVE aspects of the game or balance of PVP. Something similar in TOR would be good, and would allow PVP'ers to enjoy high-level PVP without spending countless hours levelling, but just adding the option to level a PVE character to 50 or 55 would be a terrible idea, and not just for people who want to enjoy the game the 'proper' way and level normally. Think of all the credits you spend on unlocking skills and getting improved gear over the course of the game: hundreds of thousands of credits that you'd have to spend all at once to even come close to being competitive in PVP :rolleyes:

People really have to think things through before making suggestions like this ;)

Edit: Also, Legacy Level 50 as a requirement? I have 3 lvl 55 characters and 4 more over 50, and my Legacy is only 48. By the time your Legacy is at 50, you don't need to speed-level characters because you've already got all classes at max level, unless you're actually planning on using all 16 advanced classes, which seems unlikely :D

My point again, you people only PVE for crying out loud. I have 4, 55s and I'm at legacy lvl 50 while my other 8toons are sitting at lvl 11-16.

GW2 has the same thing as GW1 and guess what? It's a piece of junk. Look where Gw2 is right now.

You should really think your argument through before posting worthless crap. There are only 8 advanced classes. The 2 sides are mirrored. And yes I would play all the 8 advanced classes in a single week. Warzones don't take 2-3hours like operations.

Oh and once again, try rateds for once you whiny little kids. It's not all about gear.

Edited by Broskeet

Please help me devs, you are my only hope.

I would love to have the opportunity to jump into 55s pvp on several of my toons.

I know people will argue that it would put a lot of players to a lvl where they don't know how to play or use their abilities, but it should be left up to the players to decide whether they want to grind toons for hundreds of hours or jump into the 50s content. Currently I have about 4 lvl 55s, but I would really like to play the other 4 advanced classes as well, but unfortunately I don't have time to grind out all those hours again and hiring people to do it for you is against your policy, so...it's a though time.:(

You could make some requirements

-Have legacy lvl 50

-Maybe have 1 lvl 55 of the advanced class either imp/reb

I know countless of players who pvp but can't get their toons to 55 simply because they can't be bothered with PVE content.

2.4 is(supposedly) about PVP, so make it happen. Give extremely huge Warzone boosts and/or the option to instant 50-55.

This isn't a hate thread, so please keep your malicious comments to someone else. I'm simply expressing the idea of some of the PVPers.

Not to mention when Guilds try to form ranked, there is always a class missing, but our players didn't have that class at lvl 55.

First of all, it does not take "hundreds of hours" to get from level 1 to 55. If you are subscriber, with rested XP and the fairly common XP boost reward, you can level from 1-55 in significantly less than 100 hours.

Second, 2.4 is well into development already, there is NO WAY to add anything to it; based on releases in the past, the chances are better that features currently slated for 2.4 will be delayed.

Sorry to disappoint...