The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

necessity of LS/DS points

ggwpthisguyiscoo

Hey so I'm very new to this game. I came from a long history of KOTOR. Basically when I played Kotor instead of actually choosing what I thought would rush me to LS/DS %100 I would pick what I would do in those situations irl, and would usually end up ~60 percent light(yes I'm a bad person) I just wanted to know what some of the drawbacks of doing that, both serious and minor, thank you in advance:)

EDIT: I plan to play jedi guardian btw

Edited by ggwpthisguyiscoo

The only real drawback is that some weapons and relics require a minimum amount of morality one way or the other.

Fortunately, the relics that require morality levels aren't as good as the ones that don't require such levels. And you can go the entire game perfectly easily without using a morality-gated lightsaber.

It used to be that certain crystal colors had morality requirements as well, but those disappeared a long time ago.

only relics while leveling up and if you are "grey" you will be stuck with ones useable several levels below you if at all. at end game it serves no purpose as gear has no such restrictions. there are two legacy unlocks I think but I just never use that stuff anyways.

it was a good idea with a lot of potential but now is all but forgotten. perhaps in time it can be expanded upon. right now at level 55 it is meaningless to the majority of players.

It has some implications with regards to companion affection. Some companions like light-side choices better than dark side choices. So if you are trying to "please" your companion, for whatever reason, that might be a consideration.

there are two legacy unlocks I think but I just never use that stuff anyways.

Oh yeah, there's those. And to be fair, I use the light side skill fairly often.

That said, you can unlock both with credits and aren't required to be a pariticular morality in order to use the legacy skill associated with it anyway.