Lowbie Sin PvP help

kennethdale

I am currently leveling a sin and given how much fun they can be in PvP I decided to do most of my leveling in wzs. I'm currently 17, and before I had specific issues that simply getting higher would fix (no gap closer, regen issues, etc) but now I sort of have a play style but I wanted to see if some others could chime in and give their opinions. I'm running deception atm because the low level talents seem to offer the most burst. Thoughts?

Your PvP experience will be dissapointing to say the least untill you get to the end game levels really. Before that there is only so much you can do as an assassin. You'll have to miss key abilities like shroud for a very long time.

Your PvP experience will be dissapointing to say the least untill you get to the end game levels really. Before that there is only so much you can do as an assassin. You'll have to miss key abilities like shroud for a very long time.

I've been having a lot of fun lately tbh. Stealth in, maul, maul, kb, sprint, saber strike, shock is how I've been doing it. I won't pretend that I believe most of my 200+kills are good players but its fun nevertheless. The only class I really have issues with is gunslingers but it seems like that is a continuing problem for most classes lol they hit so hard, have a kb+root and can't be leapt to. Bah, enough whining though.

Gun to your head, what would you play lowbie?

Lol you misunderstood me, I should have phrased it: "Gun to your head what spec of Sin would you play in lowbies?"

Nothing but deception would even stand a chance.

Except in huttball and only if you can get far enough for pull + out of stealth spike.

Nothing but deception would even stand a chance.

Except in huttball and only if you can get far enough for pull + out of stealth spike.

That justifies my choice then and thank you for the input as well as the guide (wonderful...love people not pushing their own numbers or such but advocating working as a team to beat pubs, not just beat your teammates on the scoreboard).

Topping the dps is no accomplishment for me, it doesn't feel like an achievement. However, single handedly turning a game around.. now that's a completely different story ;)

I agree completely. So far I have a 10/12 win record on my sin and those 2 losses were with teams that could not be trusted to guard ANYTHING. I LOVE meters because they give you a numerical value to compete against but I typically look more at medals/objectives/protection/healing than damage. Its the same in PvE: Yay you did 1 million dps but you wiped the raid so you are still made of fail. The big turning point on the sin for me was (compared to my Mara whom I typically PvP on) learning when to simply get myself out of a situation (either via distance or LoS) and back into stealth so I can harass more. Can I just straight murder stragglers 1v1, yes. But it accomplishes nothing except to lower my health for when I get back to a node.

I am currently leveling a sin and given how much fun they can be in PvP I decided to do most of my leveling in wzs. I'm currently 17, and before I had specific issues that simply getting higher would fix (no gap closer, regen issues, etc) but now I sort of have a play style but I wanted to see if some others could chime in and give their opinions. I'm running deception atm because the low level talents seem to offer the most burst. Thoughts?

Lowbie pvp, Maul is your best friend.

Lv 20 I would skill something like that

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200Zfbco.3

you don't have spike or low slash so I would open with stealth, recklessness, maul, shock, electrocute, maul, shock, maul (if enough force, with lv 22 you could hit blackout then) then doing anything like thrash, shock, discharge (with 3 stacks). maul is very costy at this level and you should spam it only after out of stealth or blackout.

with lv 22 you will get 2 good skills, blackout for force reg and force cloak. then you will get the feeling for being an assassin.

don't forget to use mind control on any target who isn't attacking you, that gives you medals for protection and is very useful for your team.

your gap closer is force speed, but you knew that.

lowbie assassin pvp is very funny! with lv 20 you get mind trap, this is really great for annoying people who want to cap nodes or for you to protect your node.

and don't forget, other lowbies also don't have their good skills already!

Lv 20 I would skill something like that

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200Zfbco.3

you don't have spike or low slash so I would open with stealth, recklessness, maul, shock, electrocute, maul, shock, maul (if enough force, with lv 22 you could hit blackout then) then doing anything like thrash, shock, discharge (with 3 stacks). maul is very costy at this level and you should spam it only after out of stealth or blackout.

with lv 22 you will get 2 good skills, blackout for force reg and force cloak. then you will get the feeling for being an assassin.

don't forget to use mind control on any target who isn't attacking you, that gives you medals for protection and is very useful for your team.

your gap closer is force speed, but you knew that.

lowbie assassin pvp is very funny! with lv 20 you get mind trap, this is really great for annoying people who want to cap nodes or for you to protect your node.

and don't forget, other lowbies also don't have their good skills already!

Bad!

Don't use electrocute or spike with recklessness stacks up. They will be wasted.

Anyways, there isn't really much you can do at this level yet. And mauling too much will completely drain your force.

But at this point there isn't really much you can do about it yet.. so just salvage what you have and do what "feels" good.

Bad!

Don't use electrocute or spike with recklessness stacks up. They will be wasted.

Anyways, there isn't really much you can do at this level yet. And mauling too much will completely drain your force.

But at this point there isn't really much you can do about it yet.. so just salvage what you have and do what "feels" good.

sorry my bad.

I had discharge, shock before using electrocute and deleted discharge because I forgot that recklessness doesn't give the 3 stacks at this level. all in all I think its better though to waste one recklessness because of the better overall burst. those 2 mauls after electrocute can finish a lot of other lowbies, especially following discharge and shock. but you can also put in 1 or 2 thrashes until second shock is available and then electrocute.

its hard to give advices for PvP rotations anyway, its such situation dependend.

Damage matters, but not in terms of overall numbers at the end. The burst is king. I was pulling 11k crits very often in lowbies. Two GCD's and I was killing the node guard and capping. Not always, but you'll be surprised how often.

Just remember to re-evaluate your build and rotation every few lvls. Bad habits can be learned playing lowbies if you aren't careful. Remember to use your AOE taunt from stealth too when you get it.

To be honest, my Sin is by far the most fun I've had in lowbie PVP, and I've basically leveled one of each advanced class.

Damage matters, but not in terms of overall numbers at the end. The burst is king. I was pulling 11k crits very often in lowbies. Two GCD's and I was killing the node guard and capping. Not always, but you'll be surprised how often.

Just remember to re-evaluate your build and rotation every few lvls. Bad habits can be learned playing lowbies if you aren't careful. Remember to use your AOE taunt from stealth too when you get it.

To be honest, my Sin is by far the most fun I've had in lowbie PVP, and I've basically leveled one of each advanced class.

This doesn't make much sense, what makes you say people should use it popping out of stealth?

Use it on cooldown in a fight with multiple people involved.. otherwise no reason to use it. It's actually good to keep to deny a stealth reset.. see someone vanish? AoE taunt = no sap seethe.

This doesn't make much sense, what makes you say people should use it popping out of stealth?

Use it on cooldown in a fight with multiple people involved.. otherwise no reason to use it. It's actually good to keep to deny a stealth reset.. see someone vanish? AoE taunt = no sap seethe.

I know I am probably going to get flamed for not knowing this but an AOE taunt when they stealth out? And sap seethe?

Thanks in advance

I know I am probably going to get flamed for not knowing this but an AOE taunt when they stealth out? And sap seethe?

Thanks in advance

No, if you see someone vanish on you for a reset, you can deny that by aoe taunting them right after. Be fast though.

You are overthinking things. I'm reminding him the AOE taunt can be used IN stealth and that it doesn't break stealth. Considering taunts debuff damage to everyone except you and you cant be attacked in stealth if you aren't seen, that's a huge advantage. My point is DPS specs never use their taunts enough. Trying to break that habit of him early.

You are overthinking things. I'm reminding him the AOE taunt can be used IN stealth and that it doesn't break stealth. Considering taunts debuff damage to everyone except you and you cant be attacked in stealth if you aren't seen, that's a huge advantage. My point is DPS specs never use their taunts enough. Trying to break that habit of him early.

It depends on what you're doing ofcourse. Keeping it while in a big fight is entirely pointless. I just gave him a reason to use it even when alone. It's not overthinking things, it's using your abilities to their maximum potential.

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. A lot of what been suggested is what I've been doing but its always nice to know your doing it right and there are some really cool ideas (the taunt to prevent sap I like especially). Thanks!

I dont know if you checked this out before but I would recommend watching Waka's dueling guide for Sin vs Sin. Its pretty informative and has an example of using the AoE taunt so Majinn cant use his mez on him.

http://www.twitch.tv/wifileague/c/1820505

There are other ones as well, yes its pre-2.0 but most of this is still very useful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.