The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

Completely and excellently explained.

HOWEVER. I can't have a laZerbEam pointing me out all the time in PVP. That would be a disaster.

Either way, I rerolled as a lightsaber. I was tired of looking like i was about to take it up the tailpipe, or about to take a crap. Screw that.

the laser is so thin that in real pvp action your opponents would unlikely see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump!

I hate tracer missile animation :(

ETA: actually I don't care for it to be switched with fusion missile anim, just get rid of it, but at least if it was switched with fusion we don't use that as often.

Edited by Ensy_Ewok

I strongly support swapping the animation for Tracer and Fusion.

The current animation should NEVER have been used for a skill that is cast repeatedly. It'll look much better on a skill with a cooldown like Fusion.

I think the animation for tracer missile makes the aresenal BH a big target. As soon as you see the bounty hunter spamming it you know what you need to do.

The tracer animation should be more incognito like the commandos. You cant really tell they are launching a grav round unless you look at the skill. The animation is much more low key, allowing them to fire off more dmg without being noticed.

/sign*

*I understand this isn't going to go anywhere as these requests to change non-breaking game animations/mechanics never do.

When I first got Tracer Missile and fired it off for the first time, I was like "*** is she doing?" (my merc is a chick) and "Why is her head on fire?"

When I first got Fusion Missile and fired it off for the first time, I thought to myself "okay, missile blast didn't require a laser sight to fire off, but at least stuff is on fire!" and "Why do we need something that is going to set everything within 5 meters on fire to be 'accurate' enough to require a laser guidance system?"

those of you who have gotten this far in the post will come to the obvious (and correct) conclusion that I over analyze things.

Anyway, switching the animations would be a good thing, IMHO.

I went pyrotech just because i can't stand spamming the tracer missile animation.

It makes ZERO sense that the huge missile shot from our back, that looks like it does AOE damage, is suppose to be the heat tracer round.

While the large AOE damage missile, that actually causes AOE radiation burns, looks like a small wrist shot with a tracer lock attached to it.

It's obvious that these two animations need to be switched.

I went pyrotech just because i can't stand spamming the tracer missile animation.

It makes ZERO sense that the huge missile shot from our back, that looks like it does AOE damage, is suppose to be the heat tracer round.

While the large AOE damage missile, that actually causes AOE radiation burns, looks like a small wrist shot with a tracer lock attached to it.

It's obvious that these two animations need to be switched.

Agreed!

/signed

for the love of god signed twice.

I can't stand that animation and I refuse to use the entire spec because it looks like he's trying not to shart himself when he's fighting. It would be okay for a rarely used ability like fusion missile, but its the mainstay of the rotation. You spend 75% of your time hunched over like and old man checking his depends.

Agreed.

The "bend over and fire a big rocket from your backpack" animation is cool for something special, like an ability with a cool down. However, it's not a "spammable" animation.

Edited by Jochon

I agree.

The animation for tracer missile is horrible for an ability which is spammed so much. It does not look cool, but there's no avoiding Tracer Missile if you're Arsenal specced. There's so many abilities in that tree which synergize with Tracer Missile that you'd be crazy to not want to use it as much as possible. You may as well call the tree "Tracer Missile" instead of "Arsenal".

Fusion Missile has a really cool animation. It's also on a 15 second cooldown. ::sad panda::

Why does the the cooler animation get less screen time?

Please switch the animations. I don't care if there's a laser to trace the shots back to me... it's not hard to see the bounty hunter bent over with rockets flying out of their backside, either.

Or, you know what... just have them both use the same exact animation. That's even easier to do.

Edited by Daemonjax