Patch this morning? 7/30

ninjonxb

I just tried to log into SWTOR and before I logged in my launcher updated. I was able to log in but now I get "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check data connection (208)" and I am unable to log in

I have both the PTS and Production installed, and switching between the 2 does not fix the problem. I will attempt a repair but I can't find anything about there being a patch.

Edit: Repair does not work, same error.

Edited by ninjonxb

I had the same issue. I looked here for an announcement upon realizing these are kinda standard maintenance hours, but found it strange that there was no such announcement. I did find a Community Cantina announcement within reasonable proximity of my residence, however, so I can't say it's all bad. :D

tl;dr: I have the same issue and suspect they forgot to make an announcement.

I had the same issue. I looked here for an announcement upon realizing these are kinda standard maintenance hours, but found it strange that there was no such announcement. I did find a Community Cantina announcement within reasonable proximity of my residence, however, so I can't say it's all bad. :D

tl;dr: I have the same issue and suspect they forgot to make an announcement.

I am imagining this was unplanned. Could be anything from "luck" that it happened during normal maintenance times to a side affect of attempting to automate release.

I find it insanely funny how people will complain about bugs and complain about the patches that fix them in the same thread..

Yes, I am aware that not all patches fix the bugs we want.. Would you really rather than not try to fix them at all??

Get a grip people.. :rolleyes: