Old lady fighting with 2 glowing sticks - the sentinel

Markuslig

I've been playing a jedi sentinel now for a while recently got it to lvl 55... i have to say i expected a lot more from this class, Instead i feel like an old lady fighting with 2 glowing sticks. What's going on here? If one character has to be a bit over powered it should be this one i thought. Seems more like i'm the weakest thing running around in the game.

Power the jedi up! I don't know how it is on sith side, but i expect its pretty much the same there. Common sentinel are wielding 2 lightsabers and should be pretty deadly.

And really? no force push? what jedi don't know force push? add force push

I think if you don't want Jedi powerful then make them NPC´s as it is now its ridiculous

What do you think? :p

Edited by Markuslig
typo

Power the jedi up! I don't know how it is on sith side, but i expect its pretty much the same there. Common sentinel are wielding 2 lightsabers and should be pretty deadly.

And really? no force push? what jedi don't know force push? add force push

The Force grants unique gifts to each person. Your character doesn't happen to be one to whom the Force has granted the ability to push.

The sentinel/marauder is a late bloomer. My marauder consistently tops the chart in damage and kills in PvP. PvE is the same: she rapidly slices through mobs like a hot knife on butter. Edited by Shinwon

I have a sentinel and I feel good that we all have different powers, which I think is bad, is you can not get to complete the entire skill tree.

On the other way, not good in PvP and while discontinuance of play. Anyway PvP fights are very dirty and cowardly, because you never attack 1 vs 1 if it's you against 2 or 3.

Well maybe theres a serious gear problem i'm having in that case i don't know... seams like some are saying the sentinel is actually strong and some say weak... How about if i ask you like this... compared to other damage dealers is sentinel still strong in abilities and and ways of delivering damage.

I don't know how many times i've been stunned by some invisible jerk (haha) stunned stunned and dead or close to it... thats pretty effective... still too much to ask for? to get a push to get that guy of my back and get a chance to get the upper hand on the fight again.

As i said/claimed in another thread that push is something that defines the jedi just as a lightsaber does... why anyone would defend and try to make up reasons for the sentinel not to have it is just strange to me... and yes apparently the sentinel do have this power cuz i pushed up a huge door in some place in an Ilum quest ( i think it was )

True sentinel can throw lightsaber and make a looong jump and attack, then start cutting... but can't the guardian do that as well.

(It would be interesting to know how the dev team reasoned when making this decision not to grant the force push in combat)

I'm the only one who wants force push for sentinel? :rolleyes:

Well maybe theres a serious gear problem i'm having in that case i don't know... seams like some are saying the sentinel is actually strong and some say weak... How about if i ask you like this... compared to other damage dealers is sentinel still strong in abilities and and ways of delivering damage.

I don't know how many times i've been stunned by some invisible jerk (haha) stunned stunned and dead or close to it... thats pretty effective... still too much to ask for? to get a push to get that guy of my back and get a chance to get the upper hand on the fight again.

As i said/claimed in another thread that push is something that defines the jedi just as a lightsaber does... why anyone would defend and try to make up reasons for the sentinel not to have it is just strange to me... and yes apparently the sentinel do have this power cuz i pushed up a huge door in some place in an Ilum quest ( i think it was )

True sentinel can throw lightsaber and make a looong jump and attack, then start cutting... but can't the guardian do that as well.

(It would be interesting to know how the dev team reasoned when making this decision not to grant the force push in combat)

My Sentinel can outjump any Guardian- offensively, at least. My 30 meter jump range has gotten me into trouble with my party's tank quite a few times, as I'd accidentally jump in before they could pull aggro.

Sentinels and marauders( the empire mirror class[ just incase you didn't know all classes have a mirror that are equal same abilities just different animations that take the same time an do the same damage])

Are probably one of the best dps classes in game in pvp they destroy and in pve everyone wants them for their group wide abilities. And sents don't need push Guadians get force push which is the other advanced class for jedi knight. But what sents have that makes them awesome is they have a force camo escape that also increases your speed and reduces all damage. They get a 99% damage reduction ability. They have an ability that inflicts trauma which reduces their healing. They have a hard cc on droids. They have a group wide speed buff that also increases defense chances. They have an ability that reduces the accuracy of melee and ranged damage by 90%. They have a group wide buff that increases all dmg and healing by 15%. Plus it seems like you pvp if so spec rage it's one of the easiest specs in game. And it's main ability is an aoe hat also stuns 1sec and it gets its damaged increased by 99.9% an gets an automatic crit on it. They are known as smash monkeys maybe you heard of them? It's one of the simplest overpowered specs in the game. Honestly sents/maurader a are known for being one of the best classes in the game for both pve and pvp, so if you are having trouble with it maybe read some guides or make sure your gear has the proper stats. Because trust me its not the class that has any problems.

Edit: also classes are mirrored if sents got force push and marauders didnt that would be completely unbalanced . And if both got a push thy would be more op than they already are. You have to think about other classes pvp is fairly balanced classes like focus sents and sawbones scoundrel at the tops assault vanguards at the bottom but over all if you pug like I think you do then you can do good with any class. An maybe you should try retooling a gaurdian/jugg they get a push and it resets leap they don't have as good utilities but they have much simpler mechanics and are easier than sents. A lot of the play style is similar, an you get heavy armour. Sents have better suvivabilty through use of their defensive abilities but if you aren't using them properly or not using them at all guardians would be more survivable with just no def CDs and give you time to just focus on damage dealing. Just a suggestion. Seems like its fit your play style more.

Edited by Heathenblood

YES, give us PUSH give us also undying rage 2.0 (10 secondes 99% dmg reduction) !

We need to be more overpowered. =D

Ok now serious, sentinel is the most OP class of the game! You just have a learn to play issue.

worst problem of the sentinel is that godawfull aura they get. I want to see my character, not some weird effect that makes zero sense to appear. Might as well be butterflies coming out of their rear end, thats equally silly.

Well Heathenblood you make a strong case there, i think about the weakness i just have to accept that i need to learn to use the skills available better.

But i still think a force push would be awesome and it should be available to the class and ofc marauder as well... swap from some other skill if necessary... Like legslash maybe:eek:

Well Heathenblood you make a strong case there, i think about the weakness i just have to accept that i need to learn to use the skills available better.

But i still think a force push would be awesome and it should be available to the class and ofc marauder as well... swap from some other skill if necessary... Like legslash maybe:eek:

If they do add a force push it shouldn't be like the guardians/jugg where it knocks them into force charge range and onto the ground for a sent and maurader to have that would be overpowered what I think would be neat though if it was a non damage ability like an interrupt and the push doesn't knock the far to the ground just pushes then a few meters back but they stay standing still maybe like the push makes them stumble back like 5 meters just slightly out of melee range and maybe it lowers threat slightly in pve. Make it just more if an ability to get other melees off of you. Not sure. I think a cool animation for it would be (imagine it going fast maybe for within 1-2 sec time span). You lift you hand up to players chest and a pulse of force pushes them back out of melee range and their feet kind of slide back but still on the ground. Just a thought