The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Beniboybling

No you're right Aurbere. If I tried to hit Byss with anything less than an extremely overwhelming force and just annihilated everything from space, Byss would spell my doom.

That said, Krayt loved to be at the lead when he supplanted another leader so he'd most certainly be the one to leave his safety net (Byss) before Tenel Ka ever would.

Also, Myrkr is a double edged sword for me. Yes Jaina and Tenel Ka would do poorly there, however watching a forceless Darth Talon freak the hell out while being hunted by sadistic HK-50's in the jungles of Myrkr would be priceless. Even if I lose I want a scenario that has that happen. I'd be sooooooo happy. :D

*cough* nuclear missiles *cough* like to see Krayt survive that *cough*

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have to take into consideration what squirl said about Krayt's personality he likes to be there for his enemies demise, that may be his undoing if he leaves his nest and is part of the final attack force he will be vulnerable to the assault team and technically Nek can pull a palpatine and make the enemy team think he is weaker then he is when they warp in they aren't in as strong a position as they thought, they would have no reason to look for ships as they would know there are ones there so the ones they can see plain as day some what hide the ones they don't know are there/ and or don't know exist as they were created by mandal motors just before.

we have to take into consideration what squirl said about Krayt's personality he likes to be there for his enemies demise, that may be his undoing if he leaves his nest and is part of the final attack force he will be vulnerable to the assault team and technically Nek can pull a palpatine and make the enemy team think he is weaker then he is when they warp in they aren't in as strong a position as they thought, they would have no reason to look for ships as they would know there are ones there so the ones they can see plain as day some what hide the ones they don't know are there/ and or don't know exist as they were created by mandal motors just before.

Actually that is totally off ball, he wasn't even there for Ossus, nor there for Mon Cal bombardment, you will actually find he was far too busy with other things than to simply go waging war, he isn't Malgus, he would be content to watch the planets burn sat in his Flagship, the Imperious.

Where this idea that Krayt is like Malgus and is some kind of Sith Warrior that goes raging into battle is simply not true.

Actually that is totally off ball, he wasn't even there for Ossus, nor there for Mon Cal bombardment, you will actually find he was far too busy with other things than to simply go waging war, he isn't Malgus, he would be content to watch the planets burn sat in his Flagship, the Imperious.

Where this idea that Krayt is like Malgus and is some kind of Sith Warrior that goes raging into battle is simply not true.

That's the issue if he is at the battle at all its an issue if he is sitting on his capital ship, this is when he will be more vunerable to a strike team since he is no longer on Byss, not saying that he is going to go head long into a fight that's not his style but being over head in his ship is a vunerability as well instead of just staying on byss and letting his generals lead the fray, by being there he opens himself up to being killed.

That's the issue if he is at the battle at all its an issue if he is sitting on his capital ship, this is when he will be more vunerable to a strike team since he is no longer on Byss, not saying that he is going to go head long into a fight that's not his style but being over head in his ship is a vunerability as well instead of just staying on byss and letting his generals lead the fray, by being there he opens himself up to being killed.

It would be humorous watching someone actually try and board an Imperious though, an entire Republic sector fleet tried that and failed, badly, it took another fleet coming in to cause it's surrender.

Regardless, Krayt has many times just stayed on Korriban or at the Temple of the Sith, so spending his time on Byss is hardly out of the question, he has done it many times before, he usually left Darth Stryfe in charge of the war.

It would be humorous watching someone actually try and board an Imperious though, an entire Republic sector fleet tried that and failed, badly, it took another fleet coming in to cause it's surrender.

Regardless, Krayt has many times just stayed on Korriban or at the Temple of the Sith, so spending his time on Byss is hardly out of the question, he has done it many times before, he usually left Darth Stryfe in charge of the war.

Which I can see him doing with Talon, your numbers and your planets are really hurting the SE's tactical advantage here, I will say that while I still think I am seeing you win this, it will by no means be a ROFL stomp every inch of ground you gain will be painfully earned I feel Nek just has shown to much of a tactical edge over Daala and Palleon to count him out entirely but at the same time the numerical advantage more then makes up for this, all in all you will definetly push back at the start, but I do not think it out of the question that he will get at least one good hit on you after wards, but I don't know that it will be enough and then you just continue to swarm him and overwhelm him.

The other things that should still factor though is Daala's continued Loyalty may be a bit of an issue, as well as if the SE gets desperate and they some how do send Jaina to Byss, Krayt turns her it may just be a matter of time before Jaina does what sith do and kills Krayt with the intent to eliminate all evil then taking over with the hopes to seek out and destroy evil everywhere not realizing she is now evil. Because while Krayt can and will win against a lightside Jaina, once she turns dark and fully embraces it she will be more powerful and she will go to topple Krayt.

I have the space advantage simple as that, I have the chance to end this Kaggath before it even starts, a deep-strike to Esseles like I planned, from the out-set, the droids coming out first to track any ship movements and then the fleet itself, the Pallaeons stop almost all ships from escaping, those that get away are hunted down and destroyed by the Ardents.

I feel that the 501st is being severely lowballed here, people are acting as if this is just another clone legion, this is arguably the best fighting force ever seen, beating them in ground combat, when the KV have a counter to everything the SE has on the ground as well as greater air superiority, as the Fury-class and Predator-class can easily take on any Basilisk, then the Krath War Droids that can get in and cause hell, which allows the 501st time enough to mount the one singular offence it would require to win, backed up by AT-ATs, AT-STs and a number of other vehicles.

People continue to go on and on about how the HK units were designed to kill Jedi, this legion did kill Jedi, lots of Jedi, it sacked the Jedi Temple itself with such efficiency that only seven remained and those seven that did were tracked down and killed, then there are countless more occasions including the Ambush on Kessel where they rescued Vader from the eight Jedi Masters and on Naboo where they executed the Queen and over twenty Jedi protectors.

Keep note that in not one of those battles was the 501st Legion ever fully deployed, they were so efficient you didn't need the entire legion, you could deploy them on multiple fronts at a time and still find success.

Then again, ground combat isn't exactly required, once the planet is blockaded, a Base Delta Zero on all things giving out an energy signal, will make it easy. I have seen no evidence of a planetary shield as it became an industrial world before the planetary shield was ever developed, it was no longer a fortress world and was surrounded by planets with strong military presences, which is why it was made into an industrial world.

Then the KV can just keep on moving up the hyperspace lane, taking Mandalorian space and Telos IV simultaneously.

Whilst Mandalorian space will be difficult, it will not be so difficult with two Imperious-class ships worth two entire fleets on their own, commanding the battle.

Send 300 ships to Bilbringi and then 1,000 to Esseles and maintain the siege.

As the war rages on, if any SE ships go missing into certain sectors, Viper Probe Droids can be deployed to countless systems to find them, making hiding attempts likely impossible.

Hit and run on anything not Foerost is likely impossible and that place is guarded by 300 ships, the core and even more so, the deep core, can simply deploy Hunter Killer Probots, which makes infiltration extremely difficult, the SE's ships will be found, docked and then a self-destruct destroys everything inside.

I don't think your taking into account the SE's hit and run tactics here. They for one won't be able to call in fighters because the Mandos will appear out of the blue and jamm their transmissions. The Basilik War Droids are the least of your problems, its Canderous assault tanks with shields rivaling AT-AT and two mass drivers that can take said AT-AT down that you should worry about - with the element of suprise those things will tear into your vehicles.

And yes, the 501st and certainly high level troopers - but they are going up against Mandalorian supercommandos here armed with jetpacks, missile launchers and wrist lasers. Each Mando is likely worth at least 3 troopers and they can take out a good dozen with a well placed missile. The aerial advantage also gives them a considerable edge. And it only takes on missle to take down an AT-ST - or they could just land on the top and take it over.

And Krath War Droids are all well and good but how will they fair against Legionarre droids with superior firepower - all the while being sniped by an army of invisible HK units.

Spreading their forces is only going to make this worst, as the 501st scour through forested areas looking for the enemies base the Mandos can spring them with lethal efficiency, leading them into deadly traps were the Mandos have all the advantages. And with signal jammers the advantage will never be lost.

I agree that you have the advantage in space, but the SE has some advantages on the ground.

Also, if the KV leave only 300 ships on Foerost, the SE might just muster its entire fleet and invade with three times as many ships. They'd lose Esseles and Bilbringi, but gain Foerost and the only way into the Deep Core. Also I'm not sure how effectively you'll be able to move 1,000 ships. Also Bilbringi is choked with asteroids, which could prove advantageous for the Mandalorian fleet - with small and heavily armored vessels they can hunker down in the asteroid field and fire at you with long-range missiles.

P.S. The majority of ships will actually be stationed at the shipyards, Bilbringi - so it would likely be the other way around. Noting that there are probably about 600-700 ships at Bilbringi and 200-300 at Esseles.

I don't think your taking into account the SE's hit and run tactics here. They for one won't be able to call in fighters because the Mandos will appear out of the blue and jamm their transmissions. The Basilik War Droids are the least of your problems, its Canderous assault tanks with shields rivaling AT-AT and two mass drivers that can take said AT-AT down that you should worry about - with the element of suprise those things will tear into your vehicles.

And yes, the 501st and certainly high level troopers - but they are going up against Mandalorian supercommandos here armed with jetpacks, missile launchers and wrist lasers. Each Mando is likely worth at least 3 troopers and they can take out a good dozen with a well placed missile. The aerial advantage also gives them a considerable edge. And it only takes on missle to take down an AT-ST - or they could just land on the top and take it over.

And Krath War Droids are all well and good but how will they fair against Legionarre droids with superior firepower - all the while being sniped by an army of invisible HK units.

Spreading their forces is only going to make this worst, as the 501st scour through forested areas looking for the enemies base the Mandos can spring them with lethal efficiency, leading them into deadly traps were the Mandos have all the advantages. And with signal jammers the advantage will never be lost.

I agree that you have the advantage in space, but the SE has some advantages on the ground.

Also, if the KV leave only 300 ships on Foerost, the SE might just muster its entire fleet and invade with three times as many ships. They'd lose Esseles and Bilbringi, but gain Foerost and the only way into the Deep Core. Also I'm not sure how effectively you'll be able to move 1,000 ships. Also Bilbringi is choked with asteroids, which could prove advantageous for the Mandalorian fleet - with small and heavily armored vessels they can hunker down in the asteroid field and fire at you with long-range missiles.

P.S. The majority of ships will actually be stationed at the shipyards, Bilbringi - so it would likely be the other way around. Noting that there are probably about 600-700 ships at Bilbringi and 200-300 at Esseles.

Just another thought beni, and this is more of a question but you are saying both teams had a small prep time for the war yes? so would it not make sense that if Esseles was still a fortress world and the capital that if it didn't have a planetary shield by the time the Kaggath began it would since that would likely be first order of business for preparation.

If this is the case then the ships at esseles could largly warp out before the intradiction fields were set up only losing a few to slow them down and take it back to bilbrig, and leave the ground forces to do as you propose.

Edited by tunewalker

Jaina is stronger than Krayt, there's no discussion about that. Boba Fett could easily deal with Darth Talon, if not killing her, holding her enough to Jaina defeat Krayt.

About Beni's argument regarding KV planets. You are right, but SE was, too, very concentrated in the Mandalorian Cluster, which is far more easy to defend than the Deep Core. Almost all hyperspace lanes will lead to one of KV planets. And Byss, well, if KV puts too much defense on it, it'll lose in numbers to SE eassily. The reinforcements would arrive slowly, as a great fleet would not be able to travel at once through the Deep Core.

In my scenario, I think KV will throw the assault on SE's leadership. As a KV decoy fleet rages battle above Esseles, Darth Krayt, accompained by Darth Talon (in a shuttle) and a detachment of the 501st (around 50 soldiers, in a transport ship) will lead a direct assault on SE's leaders. As the 501st members open the way through the surprised troops stationed on Esseles, Krayt and Talon march towards their final targets. At the governing building door, they are blocked by Jaina Solo Fel and Boba Fett.

Fett attacks the 501st with the Mandalorian Protectors in a tough fight. Jaina is able to hold Krayt and Talon combined attack, but she starts to lose ground. With the situation controlled, Fett races towards Jaina, drawing Darth Talon's attention. Jaina, know face to face with Krayt, unleashes all his skills on the Sith Lord. When Krayt's defeat is imminent, Jaina notices Talon has subdued Fett. She races toward his former teacher, and together, they kill Darth Talon. Krayt is able to run away, but KV loses it's best weapon in a stealth war.

Well they have to find their base first, and they are most likely to bombard it from orbit rather than send their best forces into what well could be a trap. And Talon won't go down so easily, neither will Krayt. Krayt + Talon > Jaina + Fett

Just another thought beni, and this is more of a question but you are saying both teams had a small prep time for the war yes? so would it not make sense that if Esseles was still a fortress world and the capital that if it didn't have a planetary shield by the time the Kaggath began it would since that would likely be first order of business for preparation.

If this is the case then the ships at esseles could largly warp out before the intradiction fields were set up only losing a few to slow them down and take it back to bilbrig, and leave the ground forces to do as you propose.

To be quite honest, I though a planetary shield would be a given. Most planets had one. Nar Shaddaa had one, Naboo had one, Alderaan had one, Mon Cal had one. Why not Esseles? A highly important Core World?

And no, no pre preparation I'm afraid. Though I'm not entirely sure where they would get a planetary shield from...

I still think it's being given a lot more weight and the elite skills of the 501st are being just brushed under the carpet, simply because these are Mandalorian commandos, when the 501st Legion's much smaller battalions have taken down the Jedi Temple and more, sorry but I think the 501st deserves a lot more credit than this, the supercommandos are not just going to nullify the 501st on the ground, they are going to do well but they cannot fight a legion and I say legion for the following reason:

I don't understand why you think the 501st is running around launching small patrol missions, the only reason they would ever land for a ground attack is if a Base Delta Zero operation is not possible due to a planetary shield, which I have shown wouldn't be on Esseles and if it was, it would be one force moving on that position to take it out, once that is accomplished they can simply pull out under cover of Fury-class starfighters and then the BDZ annihilates the planet, turning the surface into slag.

Also how could the SE get through to Foerost when the only viable options to get there are through Esseles and Bilbringi, which have been blockaded and laid siege, and the Pallaeons can quite easily camp the hyperspace routes and stop any such invasion off the bat.

Not to mention in any space battle, the SE has more to worry about than just the KV's fleet, the infiltrator droids that can both hack and then turn the SE's ships against one another will cause massive confusion.

The first two or three major engagements will decide this war and those infiltrators will work for at least the first two, then they can just be spammed out of Pallaeons to take control of ships mid-battle.

And the numbers don't exactly matter here, fine send 600 to Bilbringi, then 600 to Esseles, the tactic itself is the point.

The asteroids can be used as a form of shield against the missiles of the Kandosii, which actually makes that an advantage more than a disadvantage, in the mean-time then focus up the Hyperspace lane via Esseles, the war is basically won at that point, the moment Esseles falls, the Mandalorians have to go back to Mandalore or Telos IV, let's face it the last stand will be in Mandalorian Space.

By this point Bilbringi has either lost or is just being effectively tied up for the remainder of the war, with interdictor fields, getting past the blockade is impossible.

So then you have another 150 ships to back up the attack on Mandalorian Space, when Esseles has lost, the space advantage becomes enormous and simply put overwhelming, even for Nek.

To be quite honest, I though a planetary shield would be a given. Most planets had one. Nar Shaddaa had one, Naboo had one, Alderaan had one, Mon Cal had one. Why not Esseles? A highly important Core World?

And no, no pre preparation I'm afraid. Though I'm not entirely sure where they would get a planetary shield from...

then I kind of wonder how people have stuff from their supplier off the bat, its kind of that does Rayla have probe droids at the start from prep or is there no prep and no probe droids I am just curious to how this all works is all.

Just want to side note I am doing this because I currently don't see many on helping star out right now so I want to make sure all possible avenues are explored and argued so doing my best to help him out a little.

then I kind of wonder how people have stuff from their supplier off the bat, its kind of that does Rayla have probe droids at the start from prep or is there no prep and no probe droids I am just curious to how this all works is all.

Just want to side note I am doing this because I currently don't see many on helping star out right now so I want to make sure all possible avenues are explored and argued so doing my best to help him out a little.

Beni made clear that suppliers have what is kind of like a surplus off the bat to be used, because it makes sense that a supplier would have things ready made for distribution.

I still think it's being given a lot more weight and the elite skills of the 501st are being just brushed under the carpet, simply because these are Mandalorian commandos, when the 501st Legion's much smaller battalions have taken down the Jedi Temple and more, sorry but I think the 501st deserves a lot more credit than this, the supercommandos are not just going to nullify the 501st on the ground, they are going to do well but they cannot fight a legion and I say legion for the following reason:

I don't understand why you think the 501st is running around launching small patrol missions, the only reason they would ever land for a ground attack is if a Base Delta Zero operation is not possible due to a planetary shield, which I have shown wouldn't be on Esseles and if it was, it would be one force moving on that position to take it out, once that is accomplished they can simply pull out under cover of Fury-class starfighters and then the BDZ annihilates the planet, turning the surface into slag.

Also how could the SE get through to Foerost when the only viable options to get there are through Esseles and Bilbringi, which have been blockaded and laid siege, and the Pallaeons can quite easily camp the hyperspace routes and stop any such invasion off the bat.

Not to mention in any space battle, the SE has more to worry about than just the KV's fleet, the infiltrator droids that can both hack and then turn the SE's ships against one another will cause massive confusion.

The first two or three major engagements will decide this war and those infiltrators will work for at least the first two, then they can just be spammed out of Pallaeons to take control of ships mid-battle.

And the numbers don't exactly matter here, fine send 600 to Bilbringi, then 600 to Esseles, the tactic itself is the point.

The asteroids can be used as a form of shield against the missiles of the Kandosii, which actually makes that an advantage more than a disadvantage, in the mean-time then focus up the Hyperspace lane via Esseles, the war is basically won at that point, the moment Esseles falls, the Mandalorians have to go back to Mandalore or Telos IV, let's face it the last stand will be in Mandalorian Space.

By this point Bilbringi has either lost or is just being effectively tied up for the remainder of the war, with interdictor fields, getting past the blockade is impossible.

So then you have another 150 ships to back up the attack on Mandalorian Space, when Esseles has lost, the space advantage becomes enormous and simply put overwhelming, even for Nek.

Whether a ground invasion occurs or not, the possibility should be considered. And while yes the 501st are skilled, the Mandalorians have several advantages. If in the instance that the do have to scour the surface it will have to be in smaller patrols so they can cover more ground, and that makes it easier for the Mandos to isolate and eliminate them.

And getting to Foerost won't be too difficult, it they leave immediately they will reach Foerost before the KV arrives at Bilbringi or Esseles and will therefore avoid being tied up. And while yes, interdiction fleets are on option they will still be outnumbered, that will only slow the Mandalorian fleets down, not stop them. No matter how powerful the Paellons are one or two can't take on the full might of the Mandalorian Navy.

Also I wouldn't overstate the KV's probe droids capabilities. They can't be deployed in space, the hyperspace pods they come in can't penetrate ship hulls. We also have no reason to believe they could successful take over a ship anyway, they'd probably just be shot down.

On the other hand Mandos are experienced with taking over ships, and HK-50 droids will be a help in that respect. Which could be a counter to Base Delta Zero tactics - which is the SEs biggest obstacle.

Beni made clear that suppliers have what is kind of like a surplus off the bat to be used, because it makes sense that a supplier would have things ready made for distribution.
This, and also the fact that ones supplier would already be integrated with the faction.

Ok I was just unsure if no prep time how suppliers had stuff it sounded like prep time but no prep time rule, still feel esseles was a fortress world nothing really pointing to it changing all that much, and as a core world I still feel its kind of a given to have planetary shielding, if planets like Naboo and Nar shadaa had them there is no way a core world that used to be a fortress world wouldn't just kind of ridiculous to me.

That being said obviously no reason the 501st cant land and go try to take it out Hoth style, but that's where the foot war would have to be won, and they would have to go through the jungle mountain terrain which would play into the mando's strat here, ultimately I think they would still make it though with heavy losses, especially if Talon is helping out on the ground.

Whether a ground invasion occurs or not, the possibility should be considered. And while yes the 501st are skilled, the Mandalorians have several advantages. If in the instance that the do have to scour the surface it will have to be in smaller patrols so they can cover more ground, and that makes it easier for the Mandos to isolate and eliminate them.

And getting to Foerost won't be too difficult, it they leave immediately they will reach Foerost before the KV arrives at Bilbringi or Esseles and will therefore avoid being tied up. And while yes, interdiction fleets are on option they will still be outnumbered, that will only slow the Mandalorian fleets down, not stop them. No matter how powerful the Paellons are one or two can't take on the full might of the Mandalorian Navy.

Also I wouldn't overstate the KV's probe droids capabilities. They can't be deployed in space, the hyperspace pods they come in can't penetrate ship hulls. We also have no reason to believe they could successful take over a ship anyway, they'd probably just be shot down.

On the other hand Mandos are experienced with taking over ships, and HK-50 droids will be a help in that respect. Which could be a counter to Base Delta Zero tactics - which is the SEs biggest obstacle.

Except Foerost is a shipyard and that is exactly where the majority of the KV's own fleet is going to be, sending in their entire fleet against most of the KV's fleet with Interdiction fields to keep them there is the death knell for the SE, they have literally walked into the KV's own backyard, with more ships that could strike Esseles, then Mandalorian Space and then Telos IV.

Erm... the Infiltrator Droids come with seven interface probes, which can spread throughout a ship, the Infiltrator itself would act as a hub which can hide, whilst these tiny probe droids hack the systems for it.

Also, don't get these things mixed up with Vipers, they were designed to board ships and take them over, applying to them the same flaws as a Viper is an assumption.

These can be heavily mass-produced with ease, just like the Viper Probe Droids, all they need to do is land somewhere, then they can spread like an infection throughout the Mandalorian fleet, they do not know these things are coming and won't expect them.

Also, again boarding Pallaeons and Imperious class vessels is extremely difficult because of the placement of the weapons and the fighter superiority in space, they are trying to board a ship.... but can they get past Fury-class and Predator-class fighters? that would be very hard and then they have to board the vessel itself by getting through enormous amounts of turbolaser fire, i am unconvinced that most could survive such an attempt, meaning they will take losses in the form of protectors, something they can't just replace like that, the KV's droids however can be mass-produced with ease.

So, I think there's not much left to discuss. Beni just has to decide wether KV would be able to overwhelm SE with a Zerg-rush, or if SE would be able to resist such tactic and win the war with it's defensive stance, taking advantage of the battlefield, using guerrilla tactics.

Ok I was just unsure if no prep time how suppliers had stuff it sounded like prep time but no prep time rule, still feel esseles was a fortress world nothing really pointing to it changing all that much, and as a core world I still feel its kind of a given to have planetary shielding, if planets like Naboo and Nar shadaa had them there is no way a core world that used to be a fortress world wouldn't just kind of ridiculous to me.

That being said obviously no reason the 501st cant land and go try to take it out Hoth style, but that's where the foot war would have to be won, and they would have to go through the jungle mountain terrain which would play into the mando's strat here, ultimately I think they would still make it though with heavy losses, especially if Talon is helping out on the ground.

Again, not all core worlds had them and Esseles was essentially the back garden to Brentaal, it had no reason to maintain heavy planetary defences when it's surrounded by worlds with large sector fleets, it instead became a major industrial world as I said.