REing items and mat results...

AidanLightwalker

Anyone ever noticed that when you RE items you get less mats back than what you could of bought off the GTN for the vendor price of the item?? Like, if I RE a medium Str chest piece with my Synthweaver (lvl 53 green) I get 1 maybe 2 carbonite crystals but if I vendored the item instead I can get 2-3k easy for it and buy 4-6 carbonite crystals off the GTN. If you are looking for mats, why would you RE when the value is vendoring and buying from the GTN? Is it possible we can double the mats returned from REing greens at least?

The point of Reverse Engineering an item is not to get the materials back, I have always seen that as something of a bonus. Rather, the point of reverse engineering a green item is the chance to unlock a blue schematic of the item. As reversing a blue can produce a purple schematic, allowing you to create more powerful pieces of equipment.

Hope that helps :)

The point of Reverse Engineering an item is not to get the materials back, I have always seen that as something of a bonus. Rather, the point of reverse engineering a green item is the chance to unlock a blue schematic of the item. As reversing a blue can produce a purple schematic, allowing you to create more powerful pieces of equipment.

Hope that helps :)

I've had that happen for my artificer and cyber tech, with mods and enhancements but never with armor shells or anything. Maybe I'm just unlucky with my synthweaver and armormech.

I've had that happen for my artificer and cyber tech, with mods and enhancements but never with armor shells or anything. Maybe I'm just unlucky with my synthweaver and armormech.

When reverse-engineering, check the tooltip. It will tell you the chance of acquiring a better schematic if you RE the item(usually a 20% or 10% chance). If it says no new schematic available, it means RE-ing does not give schematic. Usually only crafted greens and blues give schematics when RE-d, orange shells and most dropped items don't (there are exceptions).

Edited by Sharee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.