The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back tionese, columi and rakata!!

PokeSaro

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people seem to fall on two sides of this. Uniqueness or freedom.

As in certain players want to remain unique while others feel that anybody should be able to look the way they want.

The freedom side is more understandable and friendly I find. I do like looking unique in the old gear though, but not enough to make other players suffer for it.

Here's where the unique thing falls apart for me. The players that are for it like looking unique with their old gear. Awesome, but what happens when you make a new character? Especially one that is the same class?

You have gear that you've earned and you don't want that aspect taken away from you, but at the same time you only get the benefit from it on one of your characters. One might argue that what one character earns doesn't automatically mean that all characters are entitled to it. That's fine and an understandable point but not one that makes a lot of sense when so much of the game's current design seems to go against that, ie your Collection, Legacy Unlocks, etc, etc.

If you earning that old gear is such a big deal to players and Bioware given their stance on it on the matter then why aren't their any achievements tied to it? Why is there nothing in your Collection menu to show for it? Will any of the housing rewards will be tied into those accomplishments? In other words the importance of it doesn't seem to be reflected anywhere. Simply having the armor doesn't really seem like much in the over all grand scheme of things.

No, they were ugly.

Compared to what, all the really amazing PVE/PVP gear now that everybody loves and never ever complains about?

Its hilarious to me how much people cried and cried about how bad they looked when they were out, but now that they are gone people want them back.

Lesser of two evils. The designs got worse as time went on and the variety lessened. People want the older stuff because they feel it looks better than what is currently available.

Compared to what, all the really amazing PVE/PVP gear now that everybody loves and never ever complains about?

Lesser of two evils. The designs got worse as time went on and the variety lessened. People want the older stuff because they feel it looks better than what is currently available.

And BAM...!!! :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Here's where the unique thing falls apart for me. The players that are for it like looking unique with their old gear. Awesome, but what happens when you make a new character? Especially one that is the same class?

Very true. Currently I don't mind one bit that I look unique in my Rakata outfit that I still have after coming back from a hiatus. However, if I could choose between being unique and having the freedom to get the armor set I liked again on a new character I would definately go for the latter.

Freedom > uniqueness in my opinion.

I always liked some of the Rakata sets. Probably imperial agent (hey look a ninja), imperial str based set (can't remember the name the one with the spikes on shoulder pads, War- sth.).

Edited by djdee

So can any dev confirm if we will get rakata gear back ?

It's both "technical" and "challenging" but most will eventually surface, namely when they come up with a new reputation and need to throw some accompanying gear, so the actual NEW stuff hits the CM.

Who the heck would want those winged shoulderpads back? They looked just awful...

This has been stated several times in the past. It's called "personal opinion" and as such it's subjective. You find them awful? Great. Have a cookie and move on.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This has been stated several times in the past. It's called "personal opinion" and as such it's subjective. You find them awful? Great. Have a cookie and move on.

I respect personal opinions, mine is that Force-user Rakata gear just looked awful and did not fit in SW. And I will have that cookie, thank you.

I respect personal opinions, mine is that Force-user Rakata gear just looked awful and did not fit in SW. And I will have that cookie, thank you.

Issue being that in your previous post, your questioned WHO would want them back...

Who the heck would want those winged shoulderpads back? They looked just awful...

In other words, you didn't merely stated your opinion but rather scrutinized others'.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There is alot of players addressing this issue, wanting the old Rakata, Columni and 1 more I can't remember the name of, would be nice to get a response from a Game Master to hear what they think of this.

You are not alone in wanting the old level50 gear designs to come back.

Were you playing when they were current? If not, you don't need them.

Did you earn them while they were current? If not, you don't deserve them.

Why didn't you keep them in your cargo? If not, its your own fault.

It's a game. It's NOT Black Friday.

Color me confused, but at least on my armormech, I can craft those shells.

Last I checked, they are BoP. Thus, they can't be sold on the GTN or sent to your alts and / or given to friends.

Try again.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My big deal about this was 1) The armors are all over the trailers. 2) I can't find them as adaptive shells. 3) I may have been playing at the beginning, but I had no idea what to do at 50 back in March of 2012. To get rid of the armors that are promoted IN the trailers is just silly. Metaphorically, it could be like the old "nice" car on driveway but you know the later models are better.

It's a game. It's NOT Black Friday.

Last I checked, they are BoP. Thus, they can't be sold on the GTN or sent to your alts and / or given to friends.

Try again.

Ah, then the solution is simple - make these items bind on equip. Win/Win for players and crafters.

Ah, then the solution is simple - make these items bind on equip. Win/Win for players and crafters.

This has been suggested several times in the past. Regardless, I doubt it will happen, even if the mods in the shells are far BEYOND the term "outdated". :rolleyes:

Plz BW let Tionese/ Columi and Rakata gear come back, I really want the Tionese hat (http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/862/forcemystic_jc.jpg) for my Sage :)

Since it seems that we will never get these gear back is there any hat that look like the Tionese hat as seen in this picture / http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/862/forcemystic_jc.jpg ) ?