The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring back tionese, columi and rakata!!

PokeSaro

Though a part of me wants the armor sets back, the other part desires that these sets are never again reintroduced, if only to allow some of us to brag about our Rakata shells to ye, little people, who arrived too late to the party.

:cool::D

Apologies. Sometimes, it's nice to play the evil dude.

I'm kind of in this camp.

But unfortunately, I only managed to get the rakata set on my sniper. Curses!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubtful. If anything, they should just put those old armor sets up on CC as adaptive armor. Allot easier for them instead of reimplementing those outdated pieces into the tier system we've got in place now.

This is ridiculous , why people want everything to come from the CM now ? I have a better idea, make those bound to legacy and adaptive and allow us to buy those shells by using basic comms =)

Heh, the thing is, for the Jedi Robes, you can add a color dye now and make those robes really stand out and IMO look good.

But... I'm find with them being gone. It may sound harsh, but that gear should be reserved for those that actually earned them.

BTW, as many of you remember, back when that gear was the progression gear, there was a lot of complaints about the look. I guess we are coming full circle on this.

Please, Bioware, for the love of yoda.

Make the energized and eliminator sets BoE instead of BoP so i can sell these items to people, they are clearly desireable and the schems are already in the game.

Synthweaving/Armormech deserve a bone after being screwed over on the augmentation crafting this go round. Please kill 2 birds with 1 stone, please give this to the players and not just another CM cash grab.

Please bioware....for the players sake...

Though a part of me wants the armor sets back, the other part desires that these sets are never again reintroduced, if only to allow some of us to brag about our Rakata shells to ye, little people, who arrived too late to the party.

:cool::D

Apologies. Sometimes, it's nice to play the evil dude.

Considering the number of players who loathed those armours, you will have trouble bragging. I personally disliked them for the Jedi Consular, but didn't really look at them for other classes, so I can't really say like/dislike about them, apart from the Consular set.

Considering the number of players who loathed those armours, you will have trouble bragging.

This is a double-edged sword and I can counter using the EXACT same argument, since there's still plenty of people out there who liked those armor sets and would like to STILL have them in the game.

Also, probably not worth mentioning in greater detail the new and old players who keep fueling these threads I guess... Oops, too late.

I personally disliked them for the Jedi Consular, but didn't really look at them for other classes, so I can't really say like/dislike about them, apart from the Consular set.

This only reinforces what I said in the line previously: You simply broaden your perspective and make it sound like it's the most commonly accepted opinion. Such is not OBVIOUSLY the case, even if you had issues only with the JC shells.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

This is a double-edged sword and I can counter using the EXACT same argument, since there's still plenty of people out there who liked those armor sets and would like to STILL have them in the game.

Also, probably not worth mentioning in greater detail the new and old players who keep fueling these threads I guess... Oops, too late.

I wasn't saying don't put them back in the game, merely that a lot of players would laugh if you tried bragging about them. My personal dislike was just that, personal, I have no problem with them as long as I don't have to wear them.

Doubtful. If anything, they should just put those old armor sets up on Synthweaving and/or ArmourMech as adaptive armor. Allot easier for them instead of reimplementing those outdated pieces into the tier system we've got in place now.

Fixed your post, emphasis mine.

But yeah, I'm glad I kept my old Tionese gear shells and guns, even if the BH chestpiece and helm look like crap.

I wasn't saying don't put them back in the game, merely that a lot of players would laugh if you tried bragging about them.

In case you missed the smilies and the spoiler, I was joking really. Not much point bragging about a bunch of pixels I'd say.

My personal dislike was just that, personal, I have no problem with them as long as I don't have to wear them.

If you don't like it, good for you then. We can assume you'll have no issue whatsoever with other people using and displaying them to those who dislike it entirely, as well as with other people asking Bioware to reintroduce them, because they missed the chance to get them at a earlier date.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Heck, bring all that old stuff back and put (adaptive versions) in the CM.

No:

Make them craftable. So, you know, things lke ArmourMech and especially Synthweaving might become...like...um...relevant again.

[Mini-rant]

**** the cash shop. Now, always, forever, just **** it, and **** anyone who actually wants more of our content to be tied to it, too!

[/Mini-rant]

I would say Cartel or crafting...but I would prefer crafting. Cartel Market would be great because it would likely be level 1 adaptable and collectable...but crafting would naturally mean more things for crafters to make and sell, and free copies for those that have the crew skills.

I would like to see this helmet return in some way. This is one of the best headgear pieces in the game for warriors IMO.

Rakata Weaponmaster set

Edited by LordArtemis

• 4 months later...

This is how Rakata Weaponmaster's Vest would look with dye module today:

Pictures:

http://www.netsky.org/rakata.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata1.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata2.png

If you ask me it looks awesome and amazing, i would really like those on my sentinel, whole set.

:eek:

Newest ORICON gear:

http://www.netsky.org/rakataNEW.png

Lots of crafters can make the Exotech versions. I know I have most the recipes.

Rakata doesn't look the same as exotech.

Edited by -Spc

This is how Rakata Weaponmaster's Vest would look with dye module today:

Pictures:

http://www.netsky.org/rakata.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata1.png

http://www.netsky.org/rakata2.png

If you ask me it looks awesome and amazing, i would really like those on my sentinel, whole set.

:eek:

Newest ORICON gear:

http://www.netsky.org/rakataNEW.png

Never liked that armor set to be honest. Only one I avoided like the plague, together with the ones for the SW. For reasons I fail to understand, someone, somewhere, within Bioware, has a fetish for shoulder pads.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Never liked that armor set to be honest. Only one I avoided like the plague, together with the ones for the SW. For reasons I fail to understand, someone, somewhere, within Bioware, has a fetish for shoulder pads.

I personally like shoulder pads, however I also like Body Type 3, which is really the only body that the bigger shoulder pads look good on. I totally understand why so many people don't like them, especially if they're using Body Type 1 and 2 characters or female characters who generally always look too small for them.

Would've been nice to have a shoulder pad slot. Would've allowed for more variety and more armors that people liked.

It's so obvious how separate the shoulder pads are from a lot of the armor too especially when they re-release a variation of the older gear on the cartel market without the pads.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

I personally like shoulder pads, however I also like Body Type 3, which is really the only body that the bigger shoulder pads look good on. I totally understand why so many people don't like them, especially if they're using Body Type 1 and 2 characters or female characters who generally always look too small for them.

Would've been nice to have a shoulder pad slot. Would've allowed for more variety and more armors that people liked.

It's so obvious how separate the shoulder pads are from a lot of the armor too especially when they re-release a variation of the older gear on the cartel market without the pads.

Not to mention that Nadia Grell walks around with a Tionese War Leader armor set, absent the shoulder pads apparently.

http://tor.zamimg.com/uploads/images/9918.jpg

Again, the mind boggles. It's like Bioware is consciously trolling you.

Revamped KP and EV nightmare modes for 55. Each boss drops tokens for armor from a new tier that reuse the old rakata tier models.

Calling it.

There still is a vendor on the OPs ship that sells rakata parts for tokens. At least on the Pub side. I haven't checked on the Imp side.

He trades old tokens for classic commendations, nothing more.

Yea you can't get rakata chestpiece anymore for example.

Only convert token to classic commendation.

I think bioware should make it drop from level 50 story mode flashpoints so people can get full rakata gear which is 58 with bonus, since level 50 HM fp drop 61 gear, so we can get full set of rakata again.

Edited by -Spc