Move effects to new crystals..

1.) Ok, first off, I have a direct question for the Devs, (specifically for the 3-D modelling people).

Are the blade planes attached to the lightsaber hilt models as they were in KotOR?

Meaning, is the reason you put the lightsaber effects(Volatile, Energized, etc, etc) on the hilt rather than the color crystal because the planes that make up the blade are attached to the hilt model? Therefore, the color of the blade is determined by a seperate texture file..and therefore the effects are on the planes...

If not, I wanted to see if it were possible to discontinue putting the blade effects on the hilts, but continue them on new crystals..

So now, there would be, say..."Energized Mint Green Eviscerating", "Volatile Copper Hawkeye", "*Unstable Blue Indestructable", "Volatile Cyan Eviscerating", etc, etc..

(Unstable is my way of thinking of the effect the Tythonian Masters saber has, because it was done in the TFU games..)

Would this suggestion been better made 6 months ago? I dont know you tell me, but think about it.

I think it would have been better to do it this way since if someone wanted an effect on their lightsaber but didnt like the lightsaber hilt, they could just use the crystal on ANY lightsaber hilt and still get the blade effect.

Also, it would be more concise as you could have the standard regular crystals (red, blue, green.yellow, purple, orange) be named "stable", and then make those same colors that have the "energized" effect, "volatile" effect, "unstable" effect etc etc..and then expand from there with the new colors (lime-green, pink purple(blech), derelict purple, copper mint green).. etc, etc

Too many crystals? I dont know...variety is always good right?...........right?

Ok,..point 2

Rename the new copper crystals to what they actually are, which is GOLD. Then make a proper copper crystal.

Which should be a reddish brown/brownish red...

I know you guys don't like going back on what youve already done, but hey..its worth a shot.

Thats all for now I'm done.

Edited by QuiDonJorn

It seems silly that they didn't do this in the first place.

Along with removing stats from crystals and unifying all the different "tiers" into cosmetic only items. It has taken way too long for them to do this. Just replace all the schematics from crafting trainers with "power crystals" that keep the tier and stat system as it is currently.

The next cab off the rank would be to add "aural mods" which would seperate the sound effects the weapon uses into a mod, so you could have any hilt/blaster, with any colour/effect with any sound fx that you want.

Edited by Marb

The next cab off the rank would be to add "aural mods" which would seperate the sound effects the weapon uses into a mod, so you could have any hilt/blaster, with any colour/effect with any sound fx that you want.

I actually really want the ability to change weapon sounds at will...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.