PVP is ruining PVP

ErikGW

Dear Devs,

I appreciate all that you do and love this game, but there is a core issue that must be addressed: PVP is killing itself.

Please make the following changes:

Issue 1: healers are op. Please add a skill i can click to negate all enemy heals. This skill should be on a 2 second cooldown and cost very little for me to cast.

Issue 2: tanks are op. Please add a passive ability for me to automatically penetrate their guarding so i can kill their healer without the annoying guards.

Issue 3: knockbacks/stuns/roots are op. Please give me a skill to remove all these effects any time i want to. This skill should have no cooldown.

Issue 4: teamwork is unfair. I keep ending up in situations where i am outnumbered. The enemy team should form a single file line and engage in 1v1s to make the game fair. Please redesign warzones to facilitate this change.

Issue 5: people running away/using environment is misbalanced. Please add skill for 98% speed debuff that i can use on enemies. If this is an AOE skill with a large radius that would be good. The cd/duration should be adjusted so i can keep this on all enemies at all times.

If these changes aren't applied with the next tuesday fixes, i won't resubscribe my account that i already unsubscribed months ago. My promise of paying you money i already stopped paying should expedite these changes. I will resubscribe after you fix pvp by buffing me and nerfing everyone else.

Thank you for your time.

2/10 at best

Which would put the wearisome, thoughtless QQ threads that make up most of the forum at an average score of approximately -13.665 / 10.

I was actually thinking of posting something similar, so of course I'll think it was funny.

Which would put the wearisome, thoughtless QQ threads that make up most of the forum at an average score of approximately -13.665 / 10.

I hate to be that guy, but the scientific consensus among theory crafters is that the average score is actually somewhere betwee -13.723/10 and -13.745/10.

But - in spite of your glaring mathematical error - your point still stands.

:p

Issue 4: teamwork is unfair. I keep ending up in situations where i am outnumbered. The enemy team should form a single file line and engage in 1v1s to make the game fair. Please redesign warzones to facilitate this change.

This is actually a standard part of ancient fortress design. We need more WZs with narrow, single file tunnels with kill holes I can shoot through or stick a light saber through.

/signed

Isn't PVP forums all QQ.

on 2+2 poker forums, volunteer mods runs things. They frequently create "containment threads" for certain category of posts that are deemed pollution. They rarely delete your post there but they don't hesitate moving an off topic post (or duplicate topic) to the containment thread.

E.g. we could have

• pug vs premade containment
  • operative heals qq containment
  • resolve qq containment

to name just a few. Sadly, BW does not want to pay enough mods to do this nor take on volunteer moderators.

on 2+2 poker forums, volunteer mods runs things. They frequently create "containment threads" for certain category of posts that are deemed pollution. They rarely delete your post there but they don't hesitate moving an off topic post (or duplicate topic) to the containment thread.

E.g. we could have

• pug vs premade containment
  • operative heals qq containment
  • resolve qq containment

to name just a few. Sadly, BW does not want to pay enough mods to do this nor take on volunteer moderators.

No such need.

Whiners, tantrums, pretenders and all sorts are simply a part of the "grand tradition" that is PvP. It's perfectly normal for PvP forums of all types of games to be just sprawling with QQ everywhere. (Though I do admit that the amount and frequency of whiners here beats anything I've seen so far through out the history of online gaming. Even WoW forums aren't like this.)

Let's face it -- we're mostly boys here, and we like to think that we're all awesome. It hurts egos when we lose. That's why people never admit anything is their fault when they lose -- they always resort to looking for excuses everywhere, except within themselves. Honestly, through the months and years in this forum, I've seen maybe 5? posts that openly admit one sucks, lacks experience, and needs help & tips. If only more people were like that, I'd be able to find a day to drop my sig and replace it with something more positivie.

Edited by kweassa

No such need.

Whiners, tantrums, pretenders and all sorts are simply a part of the "grand tradition" that is PvP. It's perfectly normal for PvP forums of all types of games to be just sprawling with QQ everywhere. (Though I do admit that the amount and frequency of whiners here beats anything I've seen so far through out the history of online gaming. Even WoW forums aren't like this.)

Let's face it -- we're mostly boys here, and we like to think that we're all awesome. It hurts egos when we lose. That's why people never admit anything is their fault when they lose -- they always resort to looking for excuses everywhere, except within themselves. Honestly, through the months and years in this forum, I've seen maybe 5? posts that openly admit one sucks, lacks experience, and needs help & tips. If only more people were like that, I'd be able to find a day to drop my sig and replace it with something more positivie.

That's mostly true. I'm 30 and been pvping in mmos for about 16 of those years now. I have come to realize over the years that i have become the old guy. My reaction times and ability to win by being fast was gone years ago. But being able to comprehend, plan and support teamwork is much easier.

Back in the early days i was the guy with lightning reflexes and all the right combos in whatever game i played. Im long past competing in that, so i try to be the guy with the experience and insight, and to say gg to the team of 8 teenagers that we just barely beat in voidstar or huttball, etc.

Winning is fun, and i still win more than i lose i think, but i just enjoy the team effort and challenge of pvp.

I made this thread as a compound mockery of the threads made by the boys that unfortunately are the target audience of these games, and will ultimately be what kills it if the devs actually go nerf everything to the point of monotony. I've seen plenty of games ruined by that before.

It's very easy to complain about seemingly unbalanced mechanics, but this game is very balanced and i like that. When some imperial or republic specific ability creates imbalance the other team doesn't have, then it's time to whine about it. Til then its all just people wishing they wouldnt ever lose matches. I think that's kinda sad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.