Speeder speed increase

Sztoid

As of right now speeders are convenient but there's real increase difference. My suggestion would be to keep pilot 1 the same, pilot 2 110%, and pilot 3 130%. Multiple time have i tried to compare pilot 1 and 2 speeds with pilot 3 and I'm barely inching along faster than them. At least this way there is more of a significant difference and an incentive to upgrade your piloting. I may be incorrect, but based off how fast I'm passing the environment, I would say I'm not going faster than 20-25 mph. What kind of speeder is this?

Agreed, but

I would suggest make the speed increase based on the ratio of the cost of the pilot skill or fleet vehicle cost:

Speed I: Baseline

Speed II: Baseline * (cost of pilot II/pilot I)

Speed III: Baseline * (cost of pilot III/pilot I)

Sue

I am eventually going to edit this and post this in my own thread but here is my thought to fix this.

Speeder Mods: This would be a Mod system that affects the functionality of the speeders. This mod system would work in the same way we upgrading our ship or mod our armor. The speeder mods would give special abilities that the speeder can do.

The amount of ability mod slots a speeder has would be determined by their rank: Rank 1 speeder would have 0 ability slots, rank 2 speeder (1 slot) and rank 3 (2 slots). Special unique speeders could have even more. These new abilities would show up on the companion bar when riding the speeder. This bar just converts from companion to speeder, and vice versa, depending on what is present (speeder or companion).

Abilities could be simple, such as increase movement speed by 300% for 15 sec (1 min cd) or absorb damage for 5 seconds ( 30 sec cd). This would make unique speeders more desirable to acquire especially if they had abilities that no others did. These ability mods could be random drops in Flashpoints, Ops and purchasable through Warzones comms. Some of these ability mods could be sold on the Cartel Marketplace. That being said, hopefully leaving the best ones to be earned and subscriber only.

Why the change: Speeders that are worth a few thousand credits versus those worth Millions of credits on the GTN function the exact same. The price for a good looking speeder is justified by a lot of players but making them functionally different would motivate even more players to acquire them and invest even more time in getting them. Just think if each rare type of speeder had a unique ability on top of 3 or 4 mod slots. This would make players go nuts to acquire them.

I am eventually going to edit this and post this in my own thread but here is my thought to fix this.

Speeder Mods: This would be a Mod system that affects the functionality of the speeders. This mod system would work in the same way we upgrading our ship or mod our armor. The speeder mods would give special abilities that the speeder can do.

The amount of ability mod slots a speeder has would be determined by their rank: Rank 1 speeder would have 0 ability slots, rank 2 speeder (1 slot) and rank 3 (2 slots). Special unique speeders could have even more. These new abilities would show up on the companion bar when riding the speeder. This bar just converts from companion to speeder, and vice versa, depending on what is present (speeder or companion).

Abilities could be simple, such as increase movement speed by 300% for 15 sec (1 min cd) or absorb damage for 5 seconds ( 30 sec cd). This would make unique speeders more desirable to acquire especially if they had abilities that no others did. These ability mods could be random drops in Flashpoints, Ops and purchasable through Warzones comms. Some of these ability mods could be sold on the Cartel Marketplace. That being said, hopefully leaving the best ones to be earned and subscriber only.

Why the change: Speeders that are worth a few thousand credits versus those worth Millions of credits on the GTN function the exact same. The price for a good looking speeder is justified by a lot of players but making them functionally different would motivate even more players to acquire them and invest even more time in getting them. Just think if each rare type of speeder had a unique ability on top of 3 or 4 mod slots. This would make players go nuts to acquire them.

I agree with being able to mod them. We can even mod them on top of increasing the speed.