What's the best way for a freshly dinged 55 to get gree rep?

Senden

Really want to get the red scalene set for my alt, as a freshly dinged 55, will it be possible for me to get enough rep by the 6th August to get the set? What dailies/missions should I be running that will be viable for me?

deck your alt with some makeb mods, and do the event everyday with your main and alts. You can get double of rep if you do the even with two toons. and when you reach newcomer, you can get a quest that gives you a purple gree relic worth a lot or rep.

TL;DR: start to do this event with every +50 character you have. At least you'll have the friend rep level assured

Edited by metalfenix

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-relics-of-the-gree-event-guide/

This guide explains it best. If I remember right I did make it in 2 weeks originally as well. Just means you have to use the reputation tokens wisely.

But do as many daily quests and Xeno as you can. The nice thing is that even if the event is gone, you can still use any reputation tokens also after the event and the vendors stay all the time.

Also, I'm not sure if it's the Duffy link in the post above. but on her page as well is a chart that shows how to get the maximum rep possible each week. You can actually go over your rep limit. For example, it the limit is 12,000, and you're at 11,990, you can use a purple rep token, and all of that rep will count. (Numbers are made up, as I don't remember what the limits are).

Really want to get the red scalene set for my alt, as a freshly dinged 55, will it be possible for me to get enough rep by the 6th August to get the set? What dailies/missions should I be running that will be viable for me?

Honestly the fastest way to get rep is to do all the quests (you can do it just doing the pve quest if you dont' want to touch pvp) with your main and all your alts that are at least 50+ and get with a group. That also includes doing all 3 world bosses with yoru alts.

The reputation tokens stack even when you hit hte weekly max. I hit the weekly on the 2nd day just doing it with 2 characters. but i still have tons of reputation tokens left over. So just keep doing the event with your main and alts till it the event is over. The vendors will still be there even when the event is not.

Also remember that Dulfy's Rep guide was written before there were Guild bonuses to Reputation accrual, so if you're in a Guild that gets +10% Rep bonus, your tokens will be 'worth' more.

(The cap doesn't change, so you'll need to spend them in a way to better maximize your accrual rate).

I'm pretty sure I managed to get enough Rep doing Gree Dailies twice a day for the entire two week period to reach the status to get the Blue and Red Scalene armor the first time around, before the Guild Rep boost.