The Return of the Stealth Belt

Nebdar

I would like to see an The Return of the Stealth Belt to the game that all classes can stealth just like in KOTOR

Of course the stealth belt should not be so effective as natural/special classes ability.

In General:

* it should have at least 10-15sec cooldown

* at the start effective stealth lvl should be 50% and it should take about 20sec standing still to charge the stealth to full stealth lvl, just like sniper stealth detection while in cover(of course the full stealth lvl should be some lvls lower then those Spec stealths)

* After charging to full you can either move at 30% of your speed(turned off Sprint) while maintaining the stealth lvl or 50% of your speed(with Sprint) but you will lose some of that stealth lvl every second

EDIT: we could give you stealthers ability detect first so you will detect non stealth 2 m faster (of course except sniper)

So whats the benefits..

PvE / OPvP

* less chance to get ganked when AFK or just have the ability to watch the enemy without being detected

* you can finally gank a stealther, it gives greater start advantage for ranged class but not that much

* it will be easier for non-stealth class to do objectives in hazard place like close to enemy camp

* the pleasure of sneaking and avoiding nasty mobs groups(most people already do that now you can do it with style and in stealth)

* It gives greater chance to avoid being constantly killed by high lvl player after revive by using medical probe. In other words after using revive with medical probe and when equipped with stealth belt(of course it can be some kind of device that doesn't need to be put in the slot just be in your inventory) you will have instant highest stealth lvl full speed(70%) for the usuall time that medical probe gives you 8s/12s? and after that time ends you are still in stealth with highest lvl but lower speed movement

PvP

* guarding a node and objective this way all classes will be effective guardians, at least giving the time to write on chat, and making harder first opener for Stealthers but always they can Stealth again(if we don't complain about real stealthers guarding the node then more Stealthers with no in stealth abilities shouldn't be much of a problem). It would give a nice room for bringing Merc/Com for WZ for Instant Concussion Missile or Electro-Net :)

* capturing a node with non-stealthers with 30%/50% speed and lower stealth lvl shouldn't have so much impact on the game

So for PvE it is rather an utility then a weapon for PvP it will change the gameplay but it always can be forbidden to use in WZ and requires further testing

So what do you think?

Edited by Nebdar

Stealth Field Generator? It's an interesting idea... granted it isn't tied to the CM in any way, which of course it will be.

Definitely not anything I would have thought of, though the idea is fairly unique. I'd say give it a lifetime of about 6 seconds or so, with a cooldown of 1 minute. Usable outside of combat only (though one could theoretically sneak up to an enem to initiate combat). I would love to see this as an actual belt item, with mod slots just like any other modable belt. Craftable via Armormech and Synthweaving, a great way to finally give those crew skills some use.

As a player who runs a Jedi Shadow, I would hate for a class defining ability to be replicated, even in a slightly watered down fashion, and made available to all. If it where to be implemented as such, I would demand an item that gives me another class's roll defining ability on a clicky item.

If you want the benefits of a stealth class, roll one up. I have a Shadow and its amazing to play, halves the time running solo PVE content (allows for one or two Heroic 4s to be soloed aswell) If played well, DPS can be close to top DPS classes, and the spike damage really makes a difference. As for PVP its an excellent tool for hit and run tactics or as you say, node guarding.

But as stated above I would be set against giving stealth out to non-stealth classes. It inherently upsets the balance of classes, and waters down the flavour of class roles, also if you don't have one you are'nt as effective as someone who does. Which is an unfair advantage.

Great for solo games, but for an MMO? Awful.. Its a slippery slope to start down.

Cheers!

thank for reply s

I knew that stealth classes will be more against it but we could give you ability detect first so you will detect non stealth 2 m faster (of course except sniper)

It was in KOTOR II, it is not uncommon to see in Star Wars lore an none "native" stealher useing stealth so it isn't something "new"

If i want play using stealth yes then i will pick ***/Shad/Oper/Scoun but when i want stealth just for stealth......

and 6sec.of working .. nah then it will be not worth having..... only full time stealth ;)

thank for reply s

I knew that stealth classes will be more against it but we could give you ability detect first so you will detect non stealth 2 m faster (of course except sniper)

It was in KOTOR II, it is not uncommon to see in Star Wars lore an none "native" stealher useing stealth so it isn't something "new"

If i want play using stealth yes then i will pick ***/Shad/Oper/Scoun but when i want stealth just for stealth......

and 6sec.of working .. nah then it will be not worth having..... only full time stealth ;)

Do not try to transport single player things into a multiplayer game (even worse into the pvp/opvp part of it)

Please correct both your threads and replace "PvE" with what you really mean "oPvP"

Do not try to transport single player things into a multiplayer game (even worse into the pvp/opvp part of it)

Please correct both your threads and replace "PvE" with what you really mean "oPvP"

yep changed that... (you still must avoid outpost guards on PvE servers or when you are flagged for PvP)

As anyone can see the impact of this idea for pure PvE??

As a player who runs a Jedi Shadow, I would hate for a class defining ability to be replicated, even in a slightly watered down fashion, and made available to all. If it where to be implemented as such, I would demand an item that gives me another class's roll defining ability on a clicky item.

If you want the benefits of a stealth class, roll one up. I have a Shadow and its amazing to play, halves the time running solo PVE content (allows for one or two Heroic 4s to be soloed aswell) If played well, DPS can be close to top DPS classes, and the spike damage really makes a difference. As for PVP its an excellent tool for hit and run tactics or as you say, node guarding.

But as stated above I would be set against giving stealth out to non-stealth classes. It inherently upsets the balance of classes, and waters down the flavour of class roles, also if you don't have one you are'nt as effective as someone who does. Which is an unfair advantage.

Great for solo games, but for an MMO? Awful.. Its a slippery slope to start down.

Cheers!

Fair point.

As anyone can see the impact of this idea for pure PvE??

It can only be positive for PvE, though not entirely necessary. To be honest I don't know if this item really has a place in this game, though an interesting idea.

Can't make them anymore. Imperials bought up all the stealth tech to hide Malgus' stupid false empire fortress thing.

Our tax credits at work, everyone!

Thanks for the mental image of a "mummified" space station. :p

Edit: And I just realized you said tech, not belts - still, it was entertaining!

Edited by Callaron

I would accept that idea with the following tweak:

The stealth belt would be an actual belt item with exactly zero stats and it does indeed take up the belt slot. After dropping out of stealth, you cannot replace it for 30 secs and of course you cannot replace it in combat.

That way you actually have to pay for getting a defining benefit that two classes have... you loose the stats of your real belt item.

I would accept that idea with the following tweak:

The stealth belt would be an actual belt item with exactly zero stats and it does indeed take up the belt slot. After dropping out of stealth, you cannot replace it for 30 secs and of course you cannot replace it in combat.

That way you actually have to pay for getting a defining benefit that two classes have... you loose the stats of your real belt item.

i was thinking about the same penalty but i don't think so that kind of penalty is really necessary

PvP

* guarding a node and objective this way all classes will be effective guardians, at least giving the time to write on chat, and making harder first opener for Stealthers but always they can Stealth again(if we don't complain about real stealthers guarding the node then more Stealthers with no in stealth abilities shouldn't be much of a problem). It would give a nice room for bringing Merc/Com for WZ for Instant Concussion Missile or Electro-Net :)

* capturing a node with non-stealthers with 30%/50% speed and lower stealth lvl shouldn't have so much impact on the game

The fact that you have a stealth doesn't mean that you have time to call incs. A clever stealther might, you know, sweep the area before starting to cap, find you and attack you.

Also, how about at the start of Voidstar? It's a nice advantage when your enemy can't call incs at all. Though, I'm not sure if this is a problem, since you can achieve this result with smuggle/whatever the operative version is called.

I like the idea, but only if it's not usable in Warzones, OPS or FPS. I think it could be a really cool leveling ability if tied to legacy, and maybe given some restrictions. Optimally It'd be a QoL like thing like rocket boost, Heroic moment abilites etc. Edited by Luxidenstore