The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I am disgruntled.

MedinHolliday

This game, unlike WoW was designed day one to facilitate this type of balance. In WoW for instance you had all utility grouped up in one class, all CC grouped up in another class, etc. Made it notoriously difficult to balance. The classes in this game are "modeled" and mirrored in multiple places to make balance and comparisons more apples to apples.

In short, I don't find team deathmatch to be a "step backwards" and I don't believe the types of issues here will be nearly as severe as WoW.

Edited by dcgregorya

The thing about arenas in WOW was that they ruined class balance and Blizzard even said that they were a mistake. Well, OP, that is because Blizzard introduced arenas in small teams, 2v2 and 3v3. If you recall, 5v5 didnt have set comps that ruled the bracket just because of composition, like 2v2 (warrior/druid) and 3v3 (rmp). Sure 5's had "must have specs" in composition, but in that case so does ranked 8v8 (see smash and OP heals). 4v4, I think and hope, will be more like 5v5 in WoW than 3v3 or 2v2. There will be must have specs but no comp will rule the day just because of comp.

Also specs that get no love in ranked will get their time to shine in arenas, ie: watchman, vig, dps assassin, etc. If this is the case that means more diversity based on which competition you choose to play, which means in reg wz's you will have more diversity playing. So basically not every sent will be smash, you will see more watchman and combat. This is a good thing for PvP and the game.

The PvP in this game is better than WoW's and more balanced than WoW's at its prime in balance. This game has the potential to be one of the best if not best PvP game, give the devs a chance to challenge themselves and do better than the mogul.

(this is not against you)

Healers should not win a 1v1 fight with a dps or a tank, a tank should not win a 1v1 fight against a dps. The only place where a healer should prove useful is in group fights and with a tank.

Honestly in 1v1 a

healer should beat a tank

a tank should beat a dps

a dps should beat a healer

in swtor 1v1

healers beat tanks

dps beat tanks

dps beat commando healers

sage & operative healers beat dps

tank beat ????