rock bottom

Wuzan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the last time you guys did only 2 scoundrels against a mvp rep pug in group in CW you guys lost in a double cap not even a first cap. It just proves how much you guys lean on that comp to even contend with other guilds.

I don't want to start anything, but he does have a point. When you guys have 3 scoundrel comps it feels like even though you do lose against us *for the most part*, you hold up much better. When its only 2, it feels like a totally different team. I wish you guys would just try and use the other comps and get better at them, but w/e your team does its up to you guys. Just more boring to play against 3 scoundrels is all really :p

In the middle.

Yeah, I'd say pretty solidly in the middle. They are a pretty new team, but they have some very very good players to pull from. Hope PoT5 enjoys them, we will miss having them to play against everyonce in a while.

was rock bottom named something else previously?

They were always named Rock Bottom on this server. On Harbinger they were named Krusty Krab Klan, but it may as well be a different team from then because they have quite a different team now.

He's right. You don't leave a server because you might once in a while run into a certain team. On top of that, 3 scoundrels only changes the gameplay of certain maps and synergy doesn't always run 3 scoundrels.. Hypergates is a map design problem, not a scoundrel problem. If the map was properly designed it would play out more like novare coast, in which 3 scoundrels has no effect on gameplay. Voidstar every other team has 3+ healers on defense. Huttball doesn't really change gameplay at all, in fact having a sage would probably be more beneficial. Civil war was always determined by who got the node first. The difference is that nobody was doing the 2-4-2 opening until other teams came to this server. That is inherently a turtle strat and it will be a turtlefest regardless of 3 scoundrel or not. That's my 2 cents. Haters gonna hate.

-Hood-rat

You say that as if Synergy doesn't get the longest games against other good teams. Ever since you've switched to three Scoundrels, I've seen more Novare 30 minute time outs, 20+ round Hypergates, 10+ minutes before the first cap in CW. Huttball becomes even more about who can pick up (macro) the first ball.

Running three Scoundrels takes the more boring parts of the game and makes it the entire game.

http://www.twitch.tv/gudarz/b/435048822?t=135m

Examples of fun games (8v8 Hypergate mid fight + back and forth Huttball)

Edited by Tythonians

Pretty sure the last time you guys did only 2 scoundrels against a mvp rep pug in group in CW you guys lost in a double cap not even a first cap. It just proves how much you guys lean on that comp to even contend with other guilds.

You call losing 7 games in a row contending? .. :p

-Hood-rat

Edited by backstreetboi

The individual skill of the players in Synergy is below many of the top-end pvp guilds (MVP and Don't Panic) with the exception of Hood-rat and Baddies. Before they switched to the 3 scoundrel comp they would be consistently farmed all night. So Sifu changed to the 3 scoundrel comp to cover up for their individual weaknesses. Their dps and a few healers might not be that good, but now they never die with 3 scoundrel healers. BDS does whatever it takes to try to win games (3 scoundrels, huttball macros), so obviously us complaining about their comp is not going to make them change it. But in Sifu's quest to win rateds he has turned fun matches into long, boring turtle fests.

Wasn't that a usual Synergy RWZ night before switching to a three scoundrel comp? :p

That was when sifu was blaming mvp for ruining the server and complaining when good players did play for other teams..it was only dp and not his guild

Looks like the tables have turned and he's paid us back with boredom

Edited by Gomex

You call losing 7 games in a row contending? .. :p

-Hood-rat

atleast we could play close to 7 games in a night rather than 1-2

And god bless the team waiting in queue for an hour only to have both teams who are currently playing quit or take a break after their games...especially if you have somebody like Purerage on your team with constant smoke breaks

Edited by Gomex

In any competitive league you do what you have to do to win. I don't see teams like Boise State trying to play like Alabama because Boise knows if they played up and up in a pro style they would get slaughtered. You guys claim that Synergy WAS bad, but they found a way to beat the good teams. Is that there fault for winning or the other teams fault for not adjusting. Yes it is boring, but it's working. People complain the Spurs are boring but with that boring *** style they won multiple championships. You don't hear the lakers or the heat saying change the way you play cuz it's boring.

And Sifu pls keep spamming people from DP / MVP with msgs on Skype asking to play, literally walls of text that you type out in 2-3 minutes. *********** hilarious. I find it funny that some people that actually could put up with you don't even want to respond to you anymore, I won't name anyone but you're smart BDS, I'm sure you can figure it out.

In any competitive league you do what you have to do to win. I don't see teams like Boise State trying to play like Alabama because Boise knows if they played up and up in a pro style they would get slaughtered. You guys claim that Synergy WAS bad, but they found a way to beat the good teams. Is that there fault for winning or the other teams fault for not adjusting. Yes it is boring, but it's working. People complain the Spurs are boring but with that boring *** style they won multiple championships. You don't hear the lakers or the heat saying change the way you play cuz it's boring.

This is for sure true. We do need to adapt and play better tbh, it's just the games that we play against synergy are SUPER BORING.

The lakers and the heat are also making several million dollars either way.

We're spending an hour+ in one warzone wasting our time playing that instead of playing a fun match against a different team.

We get that they are playing a strat that is designed to win, but you fail to understand that the other teams can run the same strat. We don't because its not fun. its a videogame which isn't going to net us any money for its competitive play. When people don't want to log in and do rateds because its so boring, there is a problem and its negative for the game, the server, and for the players who stick through anyways.

We are working to find different comps and strats to win the game, objectively. We're making the emphasis on objectives, not TDM. To me, thats more fun. If I wanted to kill stuff all match I'd go play call of duty. Here to play and have more fun, thats it.

Oh, the joy of fighting a 3v3 against two scoundrel and one tank on a hypergate split. Might as well stop attacking because the only buttons that are of importance for the next two minutes are CCs and CC breaks. Then repeat this for the next 20 rounds.

Don't blame it on a lack of shadow tanks. Synergy runs with two tanks and three scoundrels for most of their matches.

As of now, the best comp is probably four scoundrel, two slingers, and two guardian tanks. Gameplay would boil around coordinating CC caps and stopping caps (and macro clicking huttball pickups). Everyone would quit RWZs within a week though.

This is for sure true. We do need to adapt and play better tbh, it's just the games that we play against synergy are SUPER BORING.

At this point there just isn't enough teams. Rock bottom is gone, Crescendo lost 2 key members, Breakfast runs with taun taun alts, crits doesn't q as much. It is already tough to get into rateds, but atleast synergy has never given up even when they were getting destroyed.

I don't really know how this thread turned into shifting the blame to Synergy. It really is a shame to see another team leave - whatever reason it may be.

While I'm here... I will chime in to say though that I personally do not have a problem with 3 scoundrels. I do, however, see issues with taking pugs over guildies just so you can run that comp. If you were really there to "play games and have fun" you would put your priorities in order.

Edited by Classicks

The lakers and the heat are also making several million dollars either way.

We're spending an hour+ in one warzone wasting our time playing that instead of playing a fun match against a different team.

We get that they are playing a strat that is designed to win, but you fail to understand that the other teams can run the same strat. We don't because its not fun. its a videogame which isn't going to net us any money for its competitive play. When people don't want to log in and do rateds because its so boring, there is a problem and its negative for the game, the server, and for the players who stick through anyways.

This whole argument is like pugs vs. premades. Your whole argument is exactly what pugs say and I am pretty sure I have never seen you defend a pug.

I don't really know how this thread turned into shifting the blame to Synergy. It really is a shame to see another team leave - whatever reason it may be.

While I'm here... I will chime in to say though that I personally do not have a problem with 3 scoundrels. I do, however, see issues with taking pugs over guildies just so you can run that comp. If you were really there to "play games and have fun" you would put your priorities in order.

This I agree with 100%

This whole argument is like pugs vs. premades. Your whole argument is exactly what pugs say and I am pretty sure I have never seen you defend a pug.

Nah pugs can't all group up and play together and demolish the enemy team like a true high tier pvp guild premade, because they'll still suck. Its fun to have a premade with guildies because then you're playing with friends getting some laughs out of it usually. See the differences?