Why dont people like Scoundrels in Ops?

Anosa

I hear alot of people tell me they dont want a Scoundrels in their Ops, why is that?? unless its a sawbones.

Sawbones is the best class in game, why would anyone be a Scoundrel and not a sawbones. :p

Depends on the operation and the fight, but for the most part dps scoundrels and infiltration shadows just can't put out the same numbers as other dps classes. However, it is really depended on the gear and the player, but with the some of the tight enrage timers, HM Syrak and NIM S&V or NIM TfB, Scoundrel dps just usually does not keep up with some of the other classes. I have heard people moan about Shadows, Sages and Vanguards too.

On the other hand most all Ops want a sawbones and a Sage as the healers.

Edited by mikebevo

Sawbones is the best class in game, why would anyone be a Scoundrel and not a sawbones. :p

Depends on the operation and the fight, but for the most part dps scoundrels and infiltration shadows just can't put out the same numbers as other dps classes. However, it is really depended on the gear and the player, but with the some of the tight enrage timers, HM Syrak and NIM S&V or NIM TfB, Scoundrel dps just usually does not keep up with some of the other classes. I have heard people moan about Shadows, Sages and Vanguards too.

On the other hand most all Ops want a sawbones and a Sage as the healers.

8man heal

Wasn't one of these two (or Imp equivalents) in group that scored world first for pre-nerf NiM Kelsara? Or full NiM S&V?
I believe it was, which is kind of why I used words like usual, depends on the player and usually. I have seen some great Vanguards, Shadows and Sage Dps, but usually those players can even top their dps in those classes when they roll a Slinger or a Sentinel. Most any average player can do close to 2500 dps in mostly 72 gear on those two, it take a really good player to do that with a shadow or a scoundrel, and those doing Worlds First are not good, they are great.
8man heal
Yeah sorry, normally do 8 man only. Edited by mikebevo

Depends on the operation and the fight, but for the most part dps scoundrels and infiltration shadows just can't put out the same numbers as other dps classes..

i believe you mean balance shadows and assault vanguards

it's probably due to the perception that scoundrels have sub-par dps stemming from that fact that basically from the beginning of the game all the way up until 2.0, they got nerfed into oblivion with almost every major update and received no meaningful buff to speak of.

but 2.0 did quite a lot to bridge the gap, especially for dirty fighting, so the perception still lingers around, but they do just fine now.