Add polish and player satisfaction

Wintermist

There is already a ton of items on the Cartel Market, there is no rush to add more items right now. It is, however, time to add polish to the game. Such as:

• If your companions helmets are turned off, it should remain off even during dialogues. Not sure if it happens everywhere, but it does on your ship.

• Dyes; they're psychotic. Tune them to a more pleasant tone and also not these crazy colour combinations all over, some, but not these many. Also, allow the dye all items, if it works in the preview windows, it should be allowed in game too.

• Speed up ability cooldown slightly, so you can create a fluent battle where you just don't have to sit and wait for an ability to get available. This is especially noticable in some lightsaber battles.

• Map; if you're about to select multiple filters for the map, ticking the lower boxes will put the chat window over the map if the chat window happens to be under the tickbox. You then have to close the map to be able to tick the next box. If map is up, let it stay up until you either click enter, R or click in the chat window input box.

• Allow the minimap to be zoomed out more.

• Allow cartel items to be able to drop in PvE, it may not have to be a high chance of drop, but just knowing any item CAN drop makes it feel as if the game is not only about paying real money to get items. If you could get an item during PvE, just randomly, it would feel more of a game for everyone.

• Subscribing; it doesn't feel very rewarding to tell the truth. Perhaps a discount on all cartel items? Allow us to use the barber shop for in-game credits instead of only cartel coins (since we already pay the game, race change could still cost cartel coins of course).

I'll add more as soon as I compile another list in my head, feel free to add items you feel need polish or some such too if you want. An easy place to find a list of items people feel unpolished and low quality.

I couldn't agree more with this statement while adding new items keeps current players interested the "Blocky" movement and attacking REALLY needs to be addressed. Some people such as moyself love the cut scenes during questing not so much in flash points but questing is great. I just cant seem to bring myself to paying a sub which iI am currently doing for this kind of movement annoyance. I play World Of Warcraft not because it is a good game but because the movement of each and everything character is Fluid the flow is such that playing SWTOR is head slapping blocked. This also brings me to the pointless Screen saver every time one exits and elevator or load screen what is the point of this it takes to long to dissappear and is always the same i mean we all know what game we are playing we dont need to have it shoved in our faces all the time. If these issues are not addressed soon you will find one more less in subs then u would like. I love the story line but the gameplay is killing me please fix this and make it more fluid.

I'd like to add another few things:

• Qyzen, he's so slow in starting his attack that you in the end get so frustrated that you stop waiting for him to be the tank and just start your own assault and let him try and pick up as you go along. Frustrating to work that way in the long run.

• Relics, you add a Light and Dark system, yet punish those who actually roleplay their answers instead of automatically answering something just because it has a red mark.

• Dialogue again, if you have your companion unsummoned, and enter a dialogue, they will be summoned again once the dialogue is done. You unsummoned the companion for a reason, and I'm fairly sure you will summon one back when you want one with you.

[*]If your companions helmets are turned off, it should remain off even during dialogues. Not sure if it happens everywhere, but it does on your ship.

This is a bug, so it should be fixed.

Dyes; they're psychotic. Tune them to a more pleasant tone and also not these crazy colour combinations all over, some, but not these many. Also, allow the dye all items, if it works in the preview windows, it should be allowed in game too.

Whether dyes are "psychotic" is a matter of opinion. "Lore" armor is not dyable for a reason. Not sure what it is, but there is one.

Speed up ability cooldown slightly, so you can create a fluent battle where you just don't have to sit and wait for an ability to get available. This is especially noticable in some lightsaber battles.

I imagine CDs are what they are because it's been decided that's what they should be.

Allow the minimap to be zoomed out more.

It zooms out far enough for me, but if you want to zoom it out more, fair enough.

Allow cartel items to be able to drop in PvE, it may not have to be a high chance of drop, but just knowing any item CAN drop makes it feel as if the game is not only about paying real money to get items. If you could get an item during PvE, just randomly, it would feel more of a game for everyone.

They are CM items for a reason. You get them on the CM. Not sure how it would make it "feel more of a game for everyone," since you are not everyone.

Subscribing; it doesn't feel very rewarding to tell the truth. Perhaps a discount on all cartel items? Allow us to use the barber shop for in-game credits instead of only cartel coins (since we already pay the game, race change could still cost cartel coins of course)

Then go Preferred. "Problem" solved.

This is a bug, so it should be fixed.

Whether dyes are "psychotic" is a matter of opinion. "Lore" armor is not dyable for a reason. Not sure what it is, but there is one.

I imagine CDs are what they are because it's been decided that's what they should be.

It zooms out far enough for me, but if you want to zoom it out more, fair enough.

They are CM items for a reason. You get them on the CM. Not sure how it would make it "feel more of a game for everyone," since you are not everyone.

Then go Preferred. "Problem" solved.

All you have done is try to put this entire post down when in fact you are completely wrong for most of your replies

• Speed up ability cooldown slightly, so you can create a fluent battle where you just don't have to sit and wait for an ability to get available. This is especially noticable in some lightsaber battles.

• Map; if you're about to select multiple filters for the map, ticking the lower boxes will put the chat window over the map if the chat window happens to be under the tickbox. You then have to close the map to be able to tick the next box. If map is up, let it stay up until you either click enter, R or click in the chat window input box.

• Allow cartel items to be able to drop in PvE, it may not have to be a high chance of drop, but just knowing any item CAN drop makes it feel as if the game is not only about paying real money to get items. If you could get an item during PvE, just randomly, it would feel more of a game for everyone.

1. Not sure how much faster you want the GCD, but that creates gameplay issues if they mess with that. There is an option in the preferences menu, however, that will let you change the timing as far as how long in advance you can hit an ability. This allows you to queue up abilities, to an extent, and may help it feel more fluid to you.

2. This issue is not limited to the map window. There is a bug where when you click on a button on one window while another window is behind it, it will fairly often bring up the back window and not register the button click. I haven't checked myself, but seeing that it's been around for a while, I would guess it's on the known issues page.

3. This is a bad idea, IMO, as it opens the door for the reverse to happen. They could start putting gear from FPs and Ops on the CM.

Here one more polish thing:

• Robes and cloth clipping through speeders. It looks horrible and is terrible immersive breaking. It doesn't speak of a quality game when something like this is just let slip.

The above is a pet peeve of mine. Please fix.