Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rakghoul Black-Green Color Crystals should be in Collections

Xanatex

The title says it all. Those crystals are almost gone on the GTN now, and if I want them on an alt that I did not have at the time of the event, I would like to be able to add the ones I have into my collections. Otherwise this crystal is extinct, and that's a shame because it's a great crystal. I've noticed that the Collections do not only include Cartel Market stuff, as my CE stuff and a few other special event items are included as well. Anyone agree?

considering this is something that will make them money, it will prolly happen

however, if everyone is abel to spam all the rare crystals they want (even if they are bound), that will likely reduce the price of the crystals, which is not desirable for those that spent extra time during the event to be able to sell them later for a good price.

also, this will lead to people not doing event on multiple characters, which reduces the time sink factor BW loves so much (cuz we all love to do dailies to pay for repair bills and augment installations)

Edited by dipstik

considering this is something that will make them money, it will prolly happen

however, if everyone is abel to spam all the rare crystals they want (even if they are bound), that will likely reduce the price of the crystals, which is not desirable for those that spent extra time during the event to be able to sell them later for a good price.

also, this will lead to people not doing event on multiple characters, which reduces the time sink factor BW loves so much (cuz we all love to do dailies to pay for repair bills and augment installations)

How would this make them more money?

How would it be more common if you had to be there for that one time event before f2p happened. So what if your alts get to use the crystals, you still worked for it.

Also, time sinks are an MMO thing, not a Bioware thing.....

Edited by oJebuso

Personally I disagree that anything which is achieved via the collection of "tokens" in an event should be added to collections. That includes for example the bowcaster from Grand and the Blue Speeder from the Gree event.

These items are slightly rarer because of the actual requirement to work for them (yer - there are some things you need to work for in the game) and should remain so.

I don't agree with this one, the Black-Green crystal is easily the rarest and most valuable crystal in the game, since it cannot be obtained anymore. It's something of a status symbol and allowing even alts access to this crystal through Collections would greatly diminish its value and rarity.

I have one Black-Green power crystal (my main character uses it) and I'm perfectly content having only one of it. Any more and its uniqueness would be gone.

Please don't do this.

EDIT: They can bring back the rakghoul event if they want, but if they do, then I hope that they will add a different-colored crystal to the rakghoul DNA vendor and leave the Black-Green crystal extinct.

The pure white crystal was supposed to be a one-time reward but they put it in Cartel Packs and killed its value. :mad:

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I don't agree with this one, the Black-Green crystal is easily the rarest and most valuable crystal in the game, since it cannot be obtained anymore. It's something of a status symbol and allowing even alts access to this crystal through Collections would greatly diminish its value and rarity.

I have one Black-Green power crystal (my main character uses it) and I'm perfectly content having only one of it. Any more and its uniqueness would be gone.

Please don't do this.

EDIT: They can bring back the rakghoul event if they want, but if they do, then I hope that they will add a different-colored crystal to the rakghoul DNA vendor and leave the Black-Green crystal extinct.

The pure white crystal was supposed to be a one-time reward but they put it in Cartel Packs and killed its value. :mad:

Actually no, the white crystal was always said to come back in the future.

Personally I have like 5 or 6 black-green hawkeyes on different characters, but even I had only one I could just transfer it via legacy weapons. Even the inheritance weapons works these days. Collections will simply make it less annoying to do.

I noticed this too. I also thought it was strange, and while I was going to say it should be added what others have said is true as well, that it's nice to see a rare item. I'm kind of torn now, my biggest fear though was that I may accidently overwrite it by accident while not paying attention, in which case it would be nice to be able to replace it.

Actually no, the white crystal was always said to come back in the future.

Personally I have like 5 or 6 black-green hawkeyes on different characters, but even I had only one I could just transfer it via legacy weapons. Even the inheritance weapons works these days. Collections will simply make it less annoying to do.

No. Transferring it via BoL weapons means that you have one crystal that you can use on one character.

Unlocking it in the collections menu means that you have an infinite amount of copies of black-green crystals that you can use on an infinite amount of characters. One vs infinite is a pretty significant difference.

If you have so many crystals, just put one in each character's cargo hold. Problem solved, no need to be asking for more crystals.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.