The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any good Sith books ?

Pathlight-

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start playing an Imperial character and I am looking for some good Sith related books to accompany my game. I have already read and loved the Darth Bane trilogy. Is there anything as good out there ?

More generally, what are in your opinions some great SW books ? I have tried a few but couldn't make it past the first chapter usually.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

Darth Maul: Cloak of Deception.

Darth Plagueis.

SWTOR: Deceived.

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

Tales of the Jedi.

Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader.

I could probably think of more, but they spring to mind.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

Darth Maul: Cloak of Deception.

Darth Plagueis.

SWTOR: Deceived.

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side.

Tales of the Jedi.

Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader.

I could probably think of more, but they spring to mind.

Looks like this ought to keep me busy for a while. Cheers mate.

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side deels wioth the history of the sith and their power and traditions so its a good read.

Yeah, the Book of Sith is a nice all around buy. It jumps through about 5 different perspectives in different points of the timeline, one of them being Darth Malgus from TOR, so it gives you a lot of info.

Lost Tribe of the Sith series of short stories - kindle/e-book only 1-8 are free 9th and final includes the 1-8 and costs $6. Honestly, I could have done without the last installment, but it does close the story. Edited by psandak

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start playing an Imperial character and I am looking for some good Sith related books to accompany my game. I have already read and loved the Darth Bane trilogy. Is there anything as good out there ?

More generally, what are in your opinions some great SW books ? I have tried a few but couldn't make it past the first chapter usually.

I recommend following:

• Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan*
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived*
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Campaign Guide
  • Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation*
  • Star Wars: Purge*
  • Star Wars: Red Harvest*
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare
  • Star Wars: Darth Plagueis*
  • Book of Sith: Secrets of the Dark Side

In addition, if you want to learn about a lot of novels and content then you should get this book as well:

• Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion

This particular book will help you pick and choose novels (to read) as per your tastes very easily.

---

*These are novels in the list.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Don't read the Revan Novel.

It is perhaps one of the worst pieces of Star Wars writings i have ever encountered.

Karpyshyn said, in a recent interview, that he barely researched Meetra Surik at all, and Hadn't played Kotor 2... That's utterly ridiculous, not to research a main character, and should give you an ample window into what he's like as an author...

No. Just no.

Don't read the Revan Novel.

It is perhaps one of the worst pieces of Star Wars writings i have ever encountered.

Karpyshyn said, in a recent interview, that he barely researched Meetra Surik at all, and Hadn't played Kotor 2... That's utterly ridiculous, not to research a main character, and should give you an ample window into what he's like as an author...

No. Just no.

Well, I read it and it was nowhere near the level of the Bane books. I was more akin to the tripe he has produced for the last Mass Effect books. He either has lost his passion or is simply writing them to fulfill his contracts with EA.

I just started reading Darth Plagueis and so far it seems like a direct sequel to the Bane trilogy which is great.